Dark cycle

Kush Killer

so ive heard many of people say do a dark cycle before harvest, ive heard from 36-48 hours, recently i heard of several people (havent physically seen plants so no way to verify other than by word) using a 72 hr dark cycle.. anyone done this? thoughts? opinions?

so ive heard many of people say do a dark cycle before harvest, ive heard from 36-48 hours, recently i heard of several people (havent physically seen plants so no way to verify other than by word) using a 72 hr dark cycle.. anyone done this? thoughts? opinions?

Hey Kush! I've tried it but never a side by side comparison. I can say the plant came out frostier looking than when I shut the light down for 72 hours. Could be she would have became frostier either way. I didn't hurt anything that's for sure.

The theory I've read says after the initial 24 hours of dark the plant tries everything to reproduce in this final stage of death. What she doesn't know is there are no seeds in those calyx's.

Lot's of theories out there but I think this one is valid...if you have patience.

thanks for reply Yard! if it will increase resin production/trichs another few days of waiting to harvest would by no means kill me,lol maybe ill try one on 36, one on 48 and one on 72... see what happens:peace:

Resin production is NOT the same as mature cannabinoids (THC/CBD).

Extra resin productions you say? If so, that would be immature new resin during only 36 hours (or 48 whatever), and new resin does not have THC.

Or do you mean the resin that already ARE PRESENT, that they suddenly start to fill with THC/CBD during this short darkness?

But the darkness does not hurt, I do it myself sometimes.
Only way to find this out for sure is to harvest two clones, one normally and one with darkness. Then send it to a lab.

IMHO, it doesn't do much. It's been 3 months, what can a few hours do...

Hi Grow. Existing resin expanding creating more oils is the theory. New production means nothing at that point, you're correct.

Even though I've tried it I'm still not convinced without doing said side by side test. In theory I am a believer. It is much longer than a "few hours", 72 hours to be exact. I've witnessed in nature how fast things can turn around, and change in 24 hours, let alone two and a half days...

Yes you will hear people saying things like give 24 hrs dark before harvest, as during dark period the plant produces more auxins or certain hormones and the 24 hr dark is meant to help the plant make these.. Therfore giving more THC/CBN to the buds.. Ive heard it is better, i did it my last harvest, but i really dont know if the smoke was stronger than what it would of been if given normal 12/12? Personally, just about all my harvests have nt used this 24/48hr dark prior to harvest.. But i might try find the info i read last month on this matter and post it up..Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom