Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Here's a pic of the two that rooted and then decided to jump straight into flowering, if anyone wants evidence of why not to bother with these fast flowering autos. These are at 80+ days, if we're counting when I planted mom. I would seriously like to make seeds from something like Red Poison or Bubushka males crossed into DDs, and I might try that eventually although all I'm hearing on the smoke/taste profile of DD I might not want to mess that up.
IMG_20190820_133735.jpg

These are at 80+ days, if we're counting when I planted mom.
What do you mean when you say mom? Are those two plant clones from another Dark Devil auto plant? Dark Devil auto, as a rule (speaking only from my personal experience) start flowering between day 30 and 40.

So when you say they rooted and then decided to jump right into flowering what did you mean? If growing from a seed when it germinates it's rooted.

Yes they are from a Dark Devil mother. I cut them at about five weeks . They took root after two weeks and started showing flower the moment growth began. So this is what you get taking a cutting from an auto, just a rooted branch of the mother plant doing exactly what mom is doing. They never reverted into veg, iow. The cutting I took from a sativa dominant plant did veg, but it was poor growth.

So basically what you have are two branches off the mother plant. Same exact age as the mother plant. Had you left them on the plant I'm pretty sure they would have been healthier and produced a good bit more then they did. They had to spend 2 weeks rooting as opposed to growing larger.

Don't take cuttings from auto flower plants. Just not productive.

That is one little beauty, Grandpa. I'm thinking you better germinate her replacement pretty soon, you're going to miss her when she's gone. I already started four more. I'll be cutting mine down on Friday.

I’m getting all set for an indoor flower run, but no autos. Maybe next run though, because you might be right...I’ll be missing this one. She smells insane.

I've been following this thread and really, really, really wanna grow these. I just started another photo grow (4/7 beans popped so far), so it'll be a while. Next time. Maybe with a few different autos, like a multi strain auto grow. Until then, I'll just live vicariously through you folks' fine pics and posts in this thread.

From 1-7oz, 7 being the biggest I've heard of, a few have got over 3oz

Norm seems to be about 2oz....give or take, bout what I get every time

It's not a big yielder but a fantastic strain indeed

Don't grow it for yield...grow it for those BLACK buds

The description
Not ragging on any of the seedbanks for this but i try and ignore what they say about yield and thc/flower time too but especially yield, largely cause they are selling...
Lol pinch of salt is needed with most seedbanks.

Anyone tried mainlining them?!
Doesn't sound like they are good candidates for it tbh.
But if you've seen what Ase's doing to his autos, its definitely worth a try maybe 1 bean in 3?
You know, for science?!

Back
Top Bottom