Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

:woohoo: MagicJim!!! Starting an auto in its final pot is the smartest approach in the opinion of many cultivators. I need to ask Atrain what his take is on that. He tends to bend the rules frequently with impressive results.

We're off to a great start team. :high-five:

I hope....Your DD is looking so sweet.

BB, do you do the coconut water on a regular weekly schedule? I used to be better at the regularity, but lately I've gotten a bit lax. I keep them in rotation - coconut/also drench rotated with malted barley drench but I'm not coming anywhere near to regular weekly. My soil seems to be doing just fine with that lazy approach of mine.

Yes pretty much regularly yes. My wife buys that stuff in the pic for me for the ladies and gets it for me weekly so I will use that up during the week. I mix that along with SST teas every other watering but don't do a regular schedule just whenever the spirit moves me. All my girls are looking pretty healthy right now since we got rid of the thrips. You can see the little white dots on the lower leaf in the pic, that's from the thrips. Before I did my IPM all the plants had them and were not looking happy.

Damn, these plants are pretty! I'm getting an order ready from Herbies for my next grow (my winter grow :)) and I think DDAuto has to be a part of it. It was on my short list anyway (which gets longer by the day, of course) but this community journal has just pushed it to the top!

How pleased am I to hear this? I love it when a plan comes together! :yahoo:

image33537.jpg

Day 19, just after her first Growth Energy drench.

When I plant her into her final 7 gallon Geo Pot I won't be removing her from this pot, but will drop the entire thing into the larger pot and fill in around it. It's been demonstrated beyond despute recently that you get a stronger plant and a vigorous root mass that will fill the pot to its entirety.

HEALINGKRONIC GRAPE APE PERPETUAL

has a nice ring to it? thats basically what im gonna do here now that the previous run is drying. i still have my punta roja outdoor as well which i will most likey bring inside to finish if i find a spot!

here is a rootball and they were all very much like this:

IMG_005479.jpg
IMG_005579.jpg
IMG_005670.jpg
IMG_005765.jpg

gnarley and strong roots holding the dirt tight around the outside of the 1 gallon bag!

Gonna be posting here a bit more.. I've got 5 autos running and my Mataro Blue which was supposed to be regular is showing flowers in 24/0?? Hows that working?? Hmmmm I've got 3 going and they all showed me skirts today for some reason. Maybe temps could trigger flowering??

I'm cornfused... anywhoo here's my little dark girl standing pretty.. see dad I'm all purple and the other girls are just ... ahem green! hahaha that's soo funny. :bravo: It won't be long before she's completely purple/black. Fenugreek is the cover/companion crop there.

DSCN066710.JPG

DSCN066810.JPG

Mataro Blue - sure looks like an auto to me. About 4-5 days behind the other autos I popped but more budlettes underneath.

DSCN066210.JPG

BB... *gasp*. What you do in those grow rooms of yours. Are you and Graytail in secret cahoots? Are you sharing magic potions? LOL!!

Oooo... It's Monday. Graytail updates tonight. Need to stay alert.

Seriously BB, I'm in awe. You're setting the standard for all of us here. I get more excited about the project we've begun here every time I stop to check up. The fenugreek looks fabulous too. Had to swing that rep hammer they let me wield in your direction. I can see that'll happen a lot here.

Do you keep the Dark Devil Auto in perpetual or just plant when you harvest? I'm getting more comfortable with perpetual as I go along, but right now I find I'm dropping another Devil seed about every two weeks, which may be a bit excessive. :laughtwo:

Not doing anything out of the ordinary with the no-til, thanks the Coot feller and CO where ever he is. All my special sauce is from the worm bin. We treat the worms right, lemme tell ya. All organic inputs, even the coffee grounds are organic. This is round 1 in this pot for the Dark Devil - here she is again! Looking good as expected. I did give them a shot or 3 of alfalfa SST.

DSCN068912.JPG

DSCN06889.JPG

This is a Mataro Blue - apparently an auto ...

DSCN06957.JPG

This is another black buddie wonder - Blackberry!! hahaha there we go meet "Black Buddie" she say's HI (boom):smokin:

DSCN06946.JPG

Nugetry shot - 5 zips dry from the Big Girl - all the buds were fox tailed and I mean ALL of them, even the lower buds and they are all keepers, no LAF, just a big pile of trim. Took me all day before I could focus my eyes again!! hahaha I know the kids would want to smoke that up while trimming but it's Sativa and I get a tad paranoid with the new before cure and its racy as hell. I can wait errr I can't wait. :biglaugh:

DSCN067711.JPG

In Living Organic Soil, Day 10.

image33786.jpg

In kit soil, Day 25, just transplanted.

image33780.jpg

In kit soil, Day 38, following a Trans/Tea drench.

image33779.jpg

Nice job Sue, I'm jelly!

*points off to something non-existent and smokes Sue's good stuff* :lot-o-toke:

Welcome gearthbeta. :welcome: There's plenty to go around. Haha! Here, puff, puff, pass.

:passitleft:

Hey there SS - how did the transplant go?? I've always ASSumed that I shouldn't transplant after seedlings for AUTO too much stress and no time for recovery was what I read. I up-pot seedlings to final pot.

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. I'm actually working in the grow rooms moving things around and putting the regulars into flower, turned the VEG lighting back to 20/4 for the last few days nd time for some IPM management again just in case....

Hey there SS - how did the transplant go?? I've always ASSumed that I shouldn't transplant after seedlings for AUTO too much stress and no time for recovery was what I read. I up-pot seedlings to final pot.

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. I'm actually working in the grow rooms moving things around and putting the regulars into flower, turned the VEG lighting back to 20/4 for the last few days nd time for some IPM management again just in case....

I don't see any change BB, but I chose the unorthodox method of burying the one gallon pot into a larger pot, so it really wasn't a transplant. I anticipate this will help increase yield, but we'll see.

I have to rearrange my tent too. It never stops, does it? :laughtwo: Good luck with your redo.

Alright...I did it. DD ordered. BD as well....also threw in SLH.

I'm excited to dance with the devil.

:tokin:

What a charming way to put it. What a provocative journal title that would have made. :laughtwo: Congratulations. We'll be thrilled to add your grow. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom