Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Well the DDa seeds I have are s1s made by @Rifleman, not direct from Sweet Seeds. Maybe I’ve got a photoperiod Dark Devil on my hands. They have the look though, very dark purple seeds almost black.
Oh chef, if you had a photo period of a dark devil.....well let's just say, worth more than toilet paper..er...i mean gold,to me, that'd be amazing .

Well thanks for the words of encouragement VG. I guess in that case I’ll give her another couple of weeks in the veg tent. I really don’t want to sacrifice a flower tent spot on her if I don’t have to.

I still took a cutting from way down low on the plant, so we’ll see what comes of that.

Those seeds were all made in Jan 2015 if I remember right. I have had a hell of a time even getting what I have left to grow properly. Out of 20 in a bucket of soil I've had a half dozen pop. Of those 6 only 2 have managed to grow a second set of leaves.

I may use those two and produce some new DDA beans. Or I may throw in the towel and say fk it while I concentrate on finding a suitable Indica for my night time needs.

:passitleft:

That’s very odd.. I struggled a little with germinating when I tried to grow them last, but I chalked it up to my poor germinating skills with soil. This one I’ve got growing now was germinated in hempy, and she popped right up in a couple of days.

Both of mine sprouted. I soaked them in kelp. I knew they were a few years old when I got them. Both of mine are variegated plants and had a bunch of mutant leaves.

What's your process for soaking them in kelp?
I just use a very small amount of the Sea-kelp product from Greenleaf. Kelp contains gibberellic acid. Soak until they pop.

My first attempt at autos has gone ok.

Days 105 and 95 for my girls. I will be harvesting at the same time. Want to see what 10 days difference does.
Stripped them this morning and they will get the chop in the next few days.
Terpy at day 95

Derpy at day 105.

:passitleft: Cheers my friends.
Beautiful....

20200526_162243.jpg

Day : 28
20200526_161955.jpg

Topped on day 17.
Started showing pistils day 18.
The main reason for topping is to keep the nieghbours from seeing her, hoping to let her go natural from here on. She's started to stretch and stack bud sites, if she starts getting to big I shall tie her down so she doesn't wave at the nieghbours :ciao:

Based on my journal my DDA is right around 13 weeks from soil pop but the first 3 weeks really slow

I'm checking trichs this week now to see if she's ready to harvest. Once I put her in the flower tent along with the others, the white pistils kept coming and it seems like she's now doing the foxtailing thing which I've seen can happen and they just don't wanna finish.

31" tall still and getting really fat

20200526_175504.jpg

For size comparison, this bottle is just over 8" tall and 3.5 inches in diameter. 32 fl oz so the size of a Crowler basically.

20200526_145233.jpg

20200526_145305.jpg

What's everyone looking at for time for flowering to harvest? I've checked my journal and mine is just over 8 weeks of flower at almost 59 days so far. No amber trichs yet, but mostly cloudy from what I can tell, however she is putting out new white pistils all the time now it seems and ovaries are getting fat. Was thinking of cutting soon, but want to get the "right" high from this grow. What do ya'll typically wait for? More amber? All cloudy? I thought I had seen someoen said they never saw any amber and it just kept growing more pistils for them also?

Seems like most soil growers harvest closer to the 65 day mark and most hydro growers harvest at 90-100 days.

The purple flowers can make it hard to see the amber.
Yeah, if'n I actually do have a real DDA here (take a look at the golden tiger I got from SSS - same source), she's the green pheno so I can see the trichs pretty easily on mine. I'm hoping that big center cola will be a full pound wet when cut! :) (wishful thinking!)

Back
Top Bottom