Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Hello growers.

The last plant in this grow, an auto Chocolate Skunk is down. She was a hot mess that grew so top heavy she was falling all over herself. It was a lovely sight to behold. If her main cola had stayed upright instead of slumping over, she would have been 4ft tall from the soil level. I had never reached that height with an auto before and was unprepared to keep her standing up.

Anyway, she yielded 560g wet. I got 193g off the Dark Devil and 310g off the Purple Lemonade. The Zkit was so small I didn't bother to weigh her. But she is dried and jarred now and the entire take fit in 1 mason jar. :laughtwo:

The Chocolate never did produce amber trichs, except on the sugar leaves. I stopped waiting on her after reading a review from a previous grower. He said he took his down after 77 days and with no amber present, but he also said the resulting smoke was awesome. Mine was on day 89 and I figured what the hell. Taking her down was a sticky and smelly joy. I'm pumped about this one! :Rasta:

Her last day:

P1030054.JPG

P1030055.JPG

P1030057.JPG

And that's it. I'm done with this journal. My other active journal will now be devoted to the 2 Tangerine Dream photos I have going. I will start a new one once my new tent arrives. It will have a 4 autos as the subjects. (The Stardawg from this grow will finish in the new tent along with a Californian Snow, a Blue Dream'actic and a Caramel Cream. The last three are above soil in solo cups, about 5 days old.

Thanks to all who took an interest in this grow and especially those who provided help. It's humbling to know that some folks are interested enough to follow you from start to finish and heartening to know that some folks care enough to lend advice. Hope the grow didn't disappoint!

Later!

Attachments

• P1030052.JPG
    P1030052.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 46
Hello growers.

The last plant in this grow, an auto Chocolate Skunk is down. She was a hot mess that grew so top heavy she was falling all over herself. It was a lovely sight to behold. If her main cola had stayed upright instead of slumping over, she would have been 4ft tall from the soil level. I had never reached that height with an auto before and was unprepared to keep her standing up.

Anyway, she yielded 560g wet. I got 193g off the Dark Devil and 310g off the Purple Lemonade. The Zkit was so small I didn't bother to weigh her. But she is dried and jarred now and the entire take fit in 1 mason jar. :laughtwo:

The Chocolate never did produce amber trichs, except on the sugar leaves. I stopped waiting on her after reading a review from a previous grower. He said he took his down after 77 days and with no amber present, but he also said the resulting smoke was awesome. Mine was on day 89 and I figured what the hell. Taking her down was a sticky and smelly joy. I'm pumped about this one! :Rasta:

Her last day:

P1030054.JPG

P1030055.JPG

P1030057.JPG

And that's it. I'm done with this journal. My other active journal will now be devoted to the 2 Tangerine Dream photos I have going. I will start a new one once my new tent arrives. It will have a 4 autos as the subjects. (The Stardawg from this grow will finish in the new tent along with a Californian Snow, a Blue Dream'actic and a Caramel Cream. The last three are above soil in solo cups, about 5 days old.

Thanks to all who took an interest in this grow and especially those who provided help. It's humbling to know that some folks are interested enough to follow you from start to finish and heartening to know that some folks care enough to lend advice. Hope the grow didn't disappoint!

Later!

Nice looking harvest Grand Daddy Black. :thumb: Enjoy.

Hello, growers!

I took about a week off after my last harvest and am about to get back in the saddle again. If you are kind enough to read my journal, please keep in mind that I am a low-tech grower who seeks low-tech solutions. I am interested in helping those growers who don't have a ton of money or technical/scientific knowledge. Why? Because that's what I am!

This will be an all-soil grow. And no, I am not done with DWC. But I grew one plant in soil the last time and thought it turned out really nice despite the fact that I knew little about what I was doing. However, due to that effort, I've got a few clues and ideas about how to improve things this time around. Plus, I'm hoping the 420 soil gurus will get me over the hump!

As I type this, I am trying to germinate 6 seeds:

2 Thin Mint Crack Auto (Thin Mint Pheno of Girl Scout Cookies xo Green Crack, THC 23%)
2 Sticky Fingers Auto (Thin Mint Pheno of Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue, THC 20)
2 Candy Cream Auto (Candy Cream x ruderalis strain, THC 18)

They were placed in cups of natural spring water yesterday and sunk to the bottom overnight. They're sitting on a radiator, nice and warm.

I've got six rapid rooter plugs soaking in a mild, starter nutrient solution.

When the seeds pop, they'll go into the rapid rooters and regular potting soil in Solo cups (and back to the radiator).

I'm still using my only 4x4x7 tent. I don't think it has enough room for 6 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. So if all of these seeds sprout, I'll be growing four of them in 5 gallons fabric pots and two in 3 gallon fabric pots.

It will still be crowded (but from the look of the seeds, I'll be surprised if they all pop).

I'll be back with more information about the grow once the seeds pop.

Later!
Grand Daddy, I have a question for you, why do people grow and dispensary sell weed that's under 25% THC, when you can grow and sell higher THC? I would think one would like to get as high as one can, maybe I'm weird.

As many phenos as there are stars in the sky with a DDA!
That flushing I been reading about doesn't make sense to me, I know I'm a beginner, but I think I'm going to leave that out, especially since most the nutrients are in the coco that I haded and mixed before starting. I'm also going to try and trim all the leaves before extracting the roots, and the whole plant together, and hang the whole plant upside down, so I can get the potency to drain to the buds from roots too. Any thoughts on this.

hang the whole plant upside down, so I can get the potency to drain to the buds from roots too. Any thoughts on this.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by draining the potency from the roots to the buds. The potency of the plant is in the trichomes on the buds. The reason for hanging the whole plant upside down is to slow down the drying process for those living in places with low humidity.

Thanks, Shed. I've never grown one before so I really don't know. When growing strains, I always try to find a target photo, and this was mine for the DDA:

dark devil target.jpg

I didn't get there so I think it's a small yield. Reach for the stars! :Rasta:
Thank you Shed, that does make sense.
I guess there must be other nutrients in the stem for people to brew tea, with them.

Back
Top Bottom