Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Love those boots in the pic!

In terms of how much MC and since these are autos, I would start around 2g/gallon once they get a second set of true leaves (I seem to wait too long and play catch up). How fast you go up really depends on how often they need water, so a hard and fast schedule won't work if they take 6 days to dry out! The rough idea is to get to 5.5g/gallon before they start flower and 6.0 when you see pistils.

That said, @MrSauga just posted a good feeding schedule and he's also in FFOF. If he doesn't show up soon then I'll see if I can find where he posted it and put it here.

You can change the title of the journal by clicking the "Report" button under any of your posts and ask the mods to change it to whatever you want.

It's easy to roll your own, if the chart doesn't cover volume of water or amount of Mega Crop you want to use.

For US measurements:
vol in US gal * Mega Crop concentration in gm/gal

For Imperial measurements:
vol in Imperial gallons * 1.25 * Mega Crop concentration in gm/gal

For metric users:
vol in liters / 3.78541 * Mega Crop concentration in gm/gal

The Imperial gallon is 160 fl oz, while the US gallon is 128 fl oz.

Love those boots in the pic!

In terms of how much MC and since these are autos, I would start around 2g/gallon once they get a second set of true leaves (I seem to wait too long and play catch up). How fast you go up really depends on how often they need water, so a hard and fast schedule won't work if they take 6 days to dry out! The rough idea is to get to 5.5g/gallon before they start flower and 6.0 when you see pistils.

That said, @MrSauga just posted a good feeding schedule and he's also in FFOF. If he doesn't show up soon then I'll see if I can find where he posted it and put it here.

You can change the title of the journal by clicking the "Report" button under any of your posts and ask the mods to change it to whatever you want.
Ha! Those boots ain't made for walking. But looks like they would be good for trying to put a foot up someone's ass or kill roaches in the corner.

Thanks for the feeding advice.

I'll measure to 2 and eyeball the .12! How do you think that'll work after a few tokes? :p

with a shift of the decimal three places to the right. :rofl:
Ha ha! I've got nute burn and I don't know why! I've been sticking to the feeding schedule.

Hello, growers!

I took about a week off after my last harvest and am about to get back in the saddle again. If you are kind enough to read my journal, please keep in mind that I am a low-tech grower who seeks low-tech solutions. I am interested in helping those growers who don't have a ton of money or technical/scientific knowledge. Why? Because that's what I am!

This will be an all-soil grow. And no, I am not done with DWC. But I grew one plant in soil the last time and thought it turned out really nice despite the fact that I knew little about what I was doing. However, due to that effort, I've got a few clues and ideas about how to improve things this time around. Plus, I'm hoping the 420 soil gurus will get me over the hump!

As I type this, I am trying to germinate 6 seeds:

2 Thin Mint Crack Auto (Thin Mint Pheno of Girl Scout Cookies xo Green Crack, THC 23%)
2 Sticky Fingers Auto (Thin Mint Pheno of Girl Scout Cookies x Gorilla Glue, THC 20)
2 Candy Cream Auto (Candy Cream x ruderalis strain, THC 18)

They were placed in cups of natural spring water yesterday and sunk to the bottom overnight. They're sitting on a radiator, nice and warm.

I've got six rapid rooter plugs soaking in a mild, starter nutrient solution.

When the seeds pop, they'll go into the rapid rooters and regular potting soil in Solo cups (and back to the radiator).

I'm still using my only 4x4x7 tent. I don't think it has enough room for 6 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. So if all of these seeds sprout, I'll be growing four of them in 5 gallons fabric pots and two in 3 gallon fabric pots.

It will still be crowded (but from the look of the seeds, I'll be surprised if they all pop).

I'll be back with more information about the grow once the seeds pop.

Later!

Hello Grand Daddy Black, I'll be trying Auto's Hopefully next grow. I could learn a little more about Auto plants. I'll be tagging along. I want to try Auto's. Black, If, I grow inside will a Sativa Auto in three gal pots grow tall?:smokin:

Hey growers.

Here I go with the daily posts again. No, I'm not going to go there this time, though I do love posting on this site!

I just want to get some info out and ask a question or two.

First, I had a second seed sprout. It's the second of the four I dropped on 1/3 after a brief visit to germination hell where only 3 of a dozen attempts was successful (and 2 of those died in the soil). The purple lemonade looked out at me this morning. I'm happy to see her! So now I have that, a Dark Devil and a Zkittles (2 weeks old, from the previous germ effort) to work with. There's a Glue Gelato and a Chocolate Skunk that hopefully will be added to the mix soon, if they look out at me.

Its a good time, I guess, to provide a little more info on my plans.

This will be a soil grow using Foxfarms Ocean Forest, Mega Crop (MC) and, hopefully, very little else. I'm excited about the MC because it sounds so much easier to use than the numerous bottles of stuff I've used before.

I had planned to do a comparison grow between concentrated super-soil and Ocean Forest/MC. But I'm going to save the super-soil for another time. I'm too curious about the MC and the super soil doesn't need it. And I really just want to concentrate on what MC can do. My only comparison during this grow will be the plants that get Bud Explosion (a supplement made by the MC folks) and those that don't. This comparison is triggered by an intriguing debate I recently read on this site's Mega Crop thread regarding whether the supplement is helpful or not. I don't know if I'm proficient enough to find out, but I'm gonna give it a try in the cause of world peace!

Now that my journal title is totally misleading (I'm not growing any of the strains in the title), does anyone know if there's a way I can change it? Or, can I get an admin to change it?

And now to tag all of the folks that helped me with my first few grows and a few others as well. Please check in if you have time because I'm sure one or all of you will have some useful input! I'm getting more comfortable with growing, but I'm not ready to fly solo yet!

@West Hippie @Rifleman @InTheShed @Emilya @Chris Scorpio @Grandpa Tokin @John Wick @Canuckush @Van Stank

I feel like I'm almost back in the saddle again!

Later!

Hello Black, I'm growing in FFOF and using MC. The thing about FFOF soil is you don't need any nutes for 3 months. And by that time you might transplant your plants. So, far my plant are O:K.
PB170475.JPG

She is about 100 days old, I wish I had train her. She is from seed not cloned. Have fun with your Grow.:nomo:

Attachments

• PB170485.JPG
    PB170485.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 140
The thing about FFOF soil is you don't need any nutes for 3 months.
Let me just throw this out there...
While it is true that FFOF is such a good soil that it can provide most of the needs of our vegging plants, at least for the first 5 weeks, that doesn't mean that you can not give them a boost by using a good fertilizer before they flat out run out of nutrients in the soil. This should not be a game of barely surviving, if your intent is to grow the biggest and baddest plants that you are capable of. Don't be afraid of adding a fertilizer early on, if you have the lights and air movement to support the additional growth, especially if you are using a new aminochelated nutrient such as MegaCrop that lets the plant take up only what it needs. As long as you don't overload the soil with excess nutrient, and you can avoid that by using the application guidelines, it is perfectly ok to start giving nutes, even in a good soil, from the very point that the roots establish themselves in their first starter cup.

Hello Grand Daddy Black, I'll be trying Auto's Hopefully next grow. I could learn a little more about Auto plants. I'll be tagging along. I want to try Auto's. Black, If, I grow inside will a Sativa Auto in three gal pots grow tall?:smokin:
Welcome, @MsBean7175
Let me just throw this out there...
While it is true that FFOF is such a good soil that it can provide most of the needs of our vegging plants, at least for the first 5 weeks, that doesn't mean that you can not give them a boost by using a good fertilizer before they flat out run out of nutrients in the soil. This should not be a game of barely surviving, if your intent is to grow the biggest and baddest plants that you are capable of. Don't be afraid of adding a fertilizer early on, if you have the lights and air movement to support the additional growth, especially if you are using a new aminochelated nutrient such as MegaCrop that lets the plant take up only what it needs. As long as you don't overload the soil with excess nutrient, and you can avoid that by using the application guidelines, it is perfectly ok to start giving nutes, even in a good soil, from the very point that the roots establish themselves in their first starter cup.
@Emilya , what a valuable nug of information! Thanks.

I am not expert @MsBean7175 , but I know that most autos are short and squat by nature. I grow mine in 5 gallon pots and they seldom reach 3 feet in height. So I would say, no, an auto will not get very tall in a 3 gallon pot. Hopefully, I'll be corrected by one of the experts if I'm wrong about this, but I don't think I am.

Happy growing!

Hello Black, I'm growing in FFOF and using MC. The thing about FFOF soil is you don't need any nutes for 3 months. And by that time you might transplant your plants. So, far my plant are O:K.
PB170475.JPG

She is about 100 days old, I wish I had train her. She is from seed not cloned. Have fun with your Grow.:nomo:
Nice little plant @MsBean7175 . I personally would not recommend up potting an auto after 3 months. Heck, most autos will be nearly done by that time. I've never up potted one. Also, there is some debate as to whether transplanting autos is a good thing to do. They mature fast and then they are done. Any major stress (like the shock that transplanting might cause) leaves little time for them to recover, but they still will stop growing after a certain period has lapsed. I put my little babies in their final resting place from the outset. I'm lazy too, so this works for me!

A recent Alaskan purple:

P1020599.JPG

Back
Top Bottom