Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Hello, growers! I am feeling good again! That bug had me down and nearly out for almost 2 weeks. The upside, nice little detox! :Rasta:

Downside, the illness had me flirting with delirium. So on Feb. 11, I decided that my "green" wasn't quite right and that I had screwed up the beginning of the Mega Crop dosing by jumping the dose up too quickly on all of the plants. My brilliant solution, knock 'em all down to 2.5 MC per gallon (Except for the baby Chocolate Skunk which stayed at 2). When I did this, the Dark Devil was being fed @3, The Purple Lemonade @3.5 and the Zit @3.

The Purple Lemonade protested right away. Her large bottom set of fan leaves turned (a rather beautiful) orangish-yellow. The Dark Devil and the Zit soon followed with the same reaction.

I start to feel sick again, but this time in the head. :Rasta:

On 2/13, I topped the Purp L with .75 liter of MC 3. It was too early to water to runoff and there was none.

On 2/14, I'm able to fully water the others. I give the DD 3 liters @ 3.5 MC. I give the Choco Skunk 2 liters @ 3.5 MC. I give the Zit 2 liters @ 3.5 MC and 1 (gram per gallon) Sweet Candy.

Now just to sit back, enjoy the benefits of my un-planned detox and see what happens next. Of this I am certain, the plants will show me something.

Pics:

Dark Devil (Day 36)

First time growing one of these. I guess she looks okay. Not going to be a big producer, but that's not
what drew me to her.

P1020811.JPG

P1020815.JPG

The Zit (Day 48)

My little runt is going to have a super-low yield. I must accept that. But I want to try to make the few buds I get
as fat and sticky as possible. She's going to get the GLN supplements, Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion.

Because of me, she is the ideal candidate for this effort. I owe her the opportunity to shine, if only just a
little.

P1020816.JPG

P1020818.JPG

P1020819.JPG

Purple Lemonade (Day 36)

She has been the thirstiest girl of the bunch from day one. For that reason, I believe she's probably been the most stunted by the MC under-feeding. If she shows no signs of protest from the latest increase, I'll quickly be upping her feed to 4. She's not going to get much training, just spread out through a net at some point.

P1020820.JPG

P1020821.JPG

Chocolate Skunk (Day 23)

She's been bent down pretty good and should spread out nicely. She has a lot of curly leaves near the top so I removed her elevator to get her a little further from the light. By feeding her 3.5 MC on her last watering, I'm pushing close to the GLN recommendation of 4g per gallon for a plant of her age. Again, time to sit back wait for her to tell me something.

P1020822.JPG

P1020823.JPG

The Group

Group Feb 14.JPG

I'm headed out now to get wood for a new pallet (plant stand). This one I'm using is too small and I need to space these pots out, like now.

Later!

I upped my MC pretty quickly by mistake from when it broke soil to preflower as i didnt have a scale and was going off 1/4 tsp per gram. I increased MC more than 1gr/gallon with each feed and luckily didnt run into any major issues besides small holes/rips in 2 leaves. Going on 2nd week of flower now and got it at 5g/gallon.

Hello, growers! I am feeling good again! That bug had me down and nearly out for almost 2 weeks. The upside, nice little detox! :Rasta:

Downside, the illness had me flirting with delirium. So on Feb. 11, I decided that my "green" wasn't quite right and that I had screwed up the beginning of the Mega Crop dosing by jumping the dose up too quickly on all of the plants. My brilliant solution, knock 'em all down to 2.5 MC per gallon (Except for the baby Chocolate Skunk which stayed at 2). When I did this, the Dark Devil was being fed @3, The Purple Lemonade @3.5 and the Zit @3.

The Purple Lemonade protested right away. Her large bottom set of fan leaves turned (a rather beautiful) orangish-yellow. The Dark Devil and the Zit soon followed with the same reaction.

I start to feel sick again, but this time in the head. :Rasta:

On 2/13, I topped the Purp L with .75 liter of MC 3. It was too early to water to runoff and there was none.

On 2/14, I'm able to fully water the others. I give the DD 3 liters @ 3.5 MC. I give the Choco Skunk 2 liters @ 3.5 MC. I give the Zit 2 liters @ 3.5 MC and 1 (gram per gallon) Sweet Candy.

Now just to sit back, enjoy the benefits of my un-planned detox and see what happens next. Of this I am certain, the plants will show me something.

Pics:

Dark Devil (Day 36)

First time growing one of these. I guess she looks okay. Not going to be a big producer, but that's not
what drew me to her.

P1020811.JPG

P1020815.JPG

The Zit (Day 48)

My little runt is going to have a super-low yield. I must accept that. But I want to try to make the few buds I get
as fat and sticky as possible. She's going to get the GLN supplements, Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion.

Because of me, she is the ideal candidate for this effort. I owe her the opportunity to shine, if only just a
little.

P1020816.JPG

P1020818.JPG

P1020819.JPG

Purple Lemonade (Day 36)

She has been the thirstiest girl of the bunch from day one. For that reason, I believe she's probably been the most stunted by the MC under-feeding. If she shows no signs of protest from the latest increase, I'll quickly be upping her feed to 4. She's not going to get much training, just spread out through a net at some point.

P1020820.JPG

P1020821.JPG

Chocolate Skunk (Day 23)

She's been bent down pretty good and should spread out nicely. She has a lot of curly leaves near the top so I removed her elevator to get her a little further from the light. By feeding her 3.5 MC on her last watering, I'm pushing close to the GLN recommendation of 4g per gallon for a plant of her age. Again, time to sit back wait for her to tell me something.

P1020822.JPG

P1020823.JPG

The Group

Group Feb 14.JPG

I'm headed out now to get wood for a new pallet (plant stand). This one I'm using is too small and I need to space these pots out, like now.

Later!
Nice plants!! I'm following!

Nice plants!! I'm following!
Thanks, @Havocsm1 . I am more than impressed with your first grow! If my first grow had turned out like that, I wouldn't be able to fit my head through my front door. Great job, and welcome aboard!

Hello, growers! Now that I'm over that bug thingy, I'm back to being chatty again. :Rasta:

Unfortunately, there's not a lot to report regarding my plants. Here's all I got:

My Purple Lemonade (Day 37) continues to drink like a sailor on shore leave. I had topped her with water on 2/13 after she protested mightily for having her MC dose dropped to 2.5. Today, her pot was light as a feather and the soil was bone dry! I gave her 3 liters of water today and upped the MC to 4 grams per gallon. I think I'm done with being hesitant to load up on the MC. It's so visual that you can really tell when you've screwed up, whether by using too much or too little. With autoflowers, I'd rather err on the too much side. With so little time for recovery, under-feeding can really stunt your yield (in my opinion).

Many, but not all, of the curly leaves at the top of my Chocolate Skunk(Day 24) have righted themselves. I do believe she was a little too close to the light for such a youngster.

Finally, I got my new pallet built and installed last night. Now the girls have some room between them to stretch out. Now I just need to get some sort of trays to slide underneath for runoff so I can water the plants inside the tent (very helpful once the net goes up). Building it was fun, the smell of wood and the whirr of power tools. Here is a pic of my craftmanship:

New Pallet.JPG

So my wife is a school principal and they are selling chocolate bars as a fund raiser. As usual, I bought a bunch. Valentine's day turned out to be a celebration of chocolate! Chocolate bars and potato chips, a munchie classic.

Finally, one of my few remaining bachelor buddies was down in the dumps about being alone on Valentine's day. I told him not to fret it and to remember that no one loves him any other day of the year either! :Rasta:

Later!

hahaha and he/she saved a mint on a card and present too. lol
looking good so far in the house GDB. Do love mc for it's easy communication of dosage. I use silica and calmag alongside it to help with training and keeping them bendable. Farside05 worked a good 1:1 ratio of them all to keep the mc in npk ranges. Really helps when you need to get busy with lst, supercropping, scrog etc..nothing worse than snapping a branch , especially with an auto and repair time.
keep it green matey. have a good one. just getting over the same illness here too. chemtrails !!!.

hahaha and he/she saved a mint on a card and present too. lol
looking good so far in the house GDB. Do love mc for it's easy communication of dosage. I use silica and calmag alongside it to help with training and keeping them bendable. Farside05 worked a good 1:1 ratio of them all to keep the mc in npk ranges. Really helps when you need to get busy with lst, supercropping, scrog etc..nothing worse than snapping a branch , especially with an auto and repair time.
keep it green matey. have a good one. just getting over the same illness here too. chemtrails !!!.
GDG, Chemtrails, uh? My money is on big PHARMA up to some new shenanigans. :Rasta:

Speaking of silica, I have some Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin but I'm reluctant to use it because I think it's formulated for hydro only. In fact it says on the bottle, "...specially designed for use in all hydroponic growing media." Does that mean its a no-go for soil grows? Edit: @West Hippie @Rifleman ?

Hello, growers!

Hope everyone's day is going as nicely as my own. We are having a heatwave today. High of 57 F. I'm about to jaunt off to the golf course to meet some buddies! Priceless!

I'm still not quite dialed in correctly on this MC, as evidenced by a few bottom fan leaves yellowing and dying off. I think I'm getting closer, however, since I stopped being so stingy. :Rasta:

A few pics:

Dark Devil (Day 40)

She is starting to lean to the side so her root structure might be less than optimal. I've ordered some plant sticks and they should arrive tomorrow. Looks like I'll get one big Cola and not much else. That's okay.

P1020843.JPG

Purple Lemonade (Day40)

She's turning purple! Took her outside for a natural light pic in the hopes of being able to show her color.

P1020850.JPG

The Zit(Day 52)

The runt is trying, I'll give her that. She's just such a tangled mess since I maimed her early on. I've been trying my best to open her up, but her short, thick branches ain't having it. Still, I actually think I'm gonna get some nice bud off of her, just not many. Her next feed she gets MC at 4 and 1g of Sweet Candy and 1g of Bud Explosion. If she doesn't complain, I'll up it to 2gs each the next time.

P1020837.JPG
P1020836.JPG

Chocolate Skunk(Day 27)

She is really stretching out. She's been of MC at 3.5 for a few feeds. I think she wants more!

P1020840.JPG

P1020841.JPG

I'm off. Fore!!!

Attachments

• P1020834.JPG
    P1020834.JPG
    957.7 KB · Views: 25
Hello, grower? Greetings from purgatory, where the weather is cold but the seats remain comfortable! :Rasta:

It was watering day for three of the girls today. The Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade and The Zkit all got dosed at 4g of MC. The Chocolate Skunk was watered yesterday at that same dosage.

I'm loving the visual aspect of Mega Crop. My Chocolate Skunk, which is the youngster in the tent at day 29 also looks the happiest. And that's because when I was piddling around trying to figure out how to use the MC she was not yet in play. By the time I kinda' figured out the MC, she didn't have to go through any of the confusion that her tent mates had to suffer. It shows. But the visual clues also speak through the plants that were not so fortunate. They tell me, "I'm more happy today than I was a few days ago, but I'm still not as happy as I could be. Treat me like you treat Ms. Chocolate thing over there."

Needless to say, I'm growing fond of this food! :Rasta:

Dark Devil (Day 42)

Considering she has at least 40+ days to go, looks like a big bud on the way!

P1020854.JPG

Purple Lemonade (Day 42)

Getting purpler!

P1020857.JPG

Later! (Free Grand Daddy Black!) :Rasta:

GDG, Chemtrails, uh? My money is on big PHARMA up to some new shenanigans. :Rasta:

Speaking of silica, I have some Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin but I'm reluctant to use it because I think it's formulated for hydro only. In fact it says on the bottle, "...specially designed for use in all hydroponic growing media." Does that mean its a no-go for soil grows? Edit: @West Hippie @Rifleman ?
big pharma are a huge contributor to the chemtrail situation. Very real and a lot of data to prove of the subsequent delivery of virus and many , many other substances . The worldwide cost of using the system is minimal compared to the global profit for illness. Well worth a research mate . very easy to keep populations sick with aluminium and other particle dispersal systems. !. not to mention 5g and the radiation illnesses and disruption to human vibrations.

Don't remember you offending anyone but a blanket apology is always good :cheesygrinsmiley:.

I'm sure you'll get the MC sorted before harvest no matter what! Oh, and never feel like your DDA isn't looking like you want it to. There are hundreds of phenos for that plant.
Thanks, @InTheShed. Yeah, I learned from reading the DDA thread that those plants are all over the place. I think this one I got is a blessing! :Rasta:

big pharma are a huge contributor to the chemtrail situation. Very real and a lot of data to prove of the subsequent delivery of virus and many , many other substances . The worldwide cost of using the system is minimal compared to the global profit for illness. Well worth a research mate . very easy to keep populations sick with aluminium and other particle dispersal systems. !. not to mention 5g and the radiation illnesses and disruption to human vibrations.
GDG, no joke. Sometimes I feel like we're all just a bunch of lab rats. :confused:

Hello, growers!

Hope all is well with everyone!

It's watering day for all of the girls. I had to get up early to get it done, as I have to go to work my part-time job this afternoon.

From the looks of things, I'm still not dialed in on the proper amount of Mega Crop. All of the girls are showing yellowing lower fan leaves, some more than others. I've got them all at 4g and the next feeds will be at 4.25 or 4.5 depending on what the plants show me between now and then. I've been especially reluctant to increase the dose on the Dark Devil(Day 45) because I've read numerous opinions about how it doesn't care for high Nitrogen rates. But this girl I have doesn't seem to fit that profile, so up she goes on the next feed.

The Purple Lemonade(Day 45) was looking sad as usual on this third day without water. She's sagging and begging for rain, a true thirsty girl! In addition, the yellowing lower fan leaves are not improving and I have lost a few of them. Also, she does not have that nice Mega Crop green, but a lighter kind of sickly-looking green. After 2 feeds at 4g, I was tempted to take her to 4.5 today, but fear (no better word) kept me from doing so. What I did do though is bravely add 1g of Sweet Candy to her feed. :Rasta:

The Chocolate Skunk(Day 32) is also showing yellowing lower leaves, but her color is otherwise good.

The Zkit(Day 57) looks like she is reacting well to the Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion. It could be my eyes just seeing what I wish them to see, but I believe her bud production has increased over the last week. She still has a few yellow leaves, but they don't seem to be getting any worse and none of them have died off. With her, I'm going to up the MC next feed but keep the boosters at the same rate.

Just a few pics:

The runt Zkit(Day 57)

I hope my eyes are not deceiving me. I really thinks her buds are fattening up at a faster rate since including the boosters.

P1020859.JPG

P1020860.JPG

The Dark Devil(Day 45)

The yellow leaves (2 of them) just starting turning yellowish and are not yet near the wither/die point. She is budding up nicely and has a nice color.

P1020864.JPG

P1020862.JPG

P1020863.JPG

I have a new attitude: The fear of flying will leave me forever earth-bound.

I'm going all in with the MC and some of the boosters on certain plants from here on. No more apprehension. That is my plan, at least until the time comes to pull the trigger, at which point my wimpy side might take over again. :Rasta:

Later!

Hello, growers!

Hope all is well with everyone!

It's watering day for all of the girls. I had to get up early to get it done, as I have to go to work my part-time job this afternoon.

From the looks of things, I'm still not dialed in on the proper amount of Mega Crop. All of the girls are showing yellowing lower fan leaves, some more than others. I've got them all at 4g and the next feeds will be at 4.25 or 4.5 depending on what the plants show me between now and then. I've been especially reluctant to increase the dose on the Dark Devil(Day 45) because I've read numerous opinions about how it doesn't care for high Nitrogen rates. But this girl I have doesn't seem to fit that profile, so up she goes on the next feed.

The Purple Lemonade(Day 45) was looking sad as usual on this third day without water. She's sagging and begging for rain, a true thirsty girl! In addition, the yellowing lower fan leaves are not improving and I have lost a few of them. Also, she does not have that nice Mega Crop green, but a lighter kind of sickly-looking green. After 2 feeds at 4g, I was tempted to take her to 4.5 today, but fear (no better word) kept me from doing so. What I did do though is bravely add 1g of Sweet Candy to her feed. :Rasta:

The Chocolate Skunk(Day 32) is also showing yellowing lower leaves, but her color is otherwise good.

The Zkit(Day 57) looks like she is reacting well to the Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion. It could be my eyes just seeing what I wish them to see, but I believe her bud production has increased over the last week. She still has a few yellow leaves, but they don't seem to be getting any worse and none of them have died off. With her, I'm going to up the MC next feed but keep the boosters at the same rate.

Just a few pics:

The runt Zkit(Day 57)

I hope my eyes are not deceiving me. I really thinks her buds are fattening up at a faster rate since including the boosters.

P1020859.JPG

P1020860.JPG

The Dark Devil(Day 45)

The yellow leaves (2 of them) just starting turning yellowish and are not yet near the wither/die point. She is budding up nicely and has a nice color.

P1020864.JPG

P1020862.JPG

P1020863.JPG

I have a new attitude: The fear of flying will leave me forever earth-bound.

I'm going all in with the MC and some of the boosters on certain plants from here on. No more apprehension. That is my plan, at least until the time comes to pull the trigger, at which point my wimpy side might take over again. :Rasta:

Later!
go for it mate. you can always back off again.

@Emilya and @Ganjagrandaddy, thanks for the encouraging words! I can't express how helpful they are.

I started out in DWC and did a lot of reading before I started. One of the things that got stuck in my head was to only use nutrients at half strength, and that is all I ever did in my DWC grows. That habit carried over to soil and MC where I am now certain, it is not applicable. Now, I am doubting if it was even the right approach for DWC. So, despite being all in on MC now, I plan to do one more DWC run with my Advanced Nutrients liquid trio. And while I will start them at half strength, after several weeks into the grow I will go full strength with them just to see what happens. It will not be my next run because I've made too many mistakes with the MC on this run that I am anxious NOT to duplicate on my next. But I will do it at some point. (Also, its the best/only reason I have to use the Advanced Nutrients at least one more time! :Rasta:)

Sorry for the stream of thought, but I just got off work when I really wanted to be on this site all afternoon. I've got a lot to say. I haven't been able to convince any of by buddies to get into growing. They just want to smoke all my stuff. :Rasta: So for anything I want to say to people who will understand, this site is all I got!

I now believe that my Purple Lemonade has been telling me for several weeks, if not more, that she wanted more goodies. I failed to recognize it and only just noticed within the last few days that it's color was not the ideal green. I'm still riding the learning curve of this Mega Crop, and it is a joyful ride!

Again, thank you.

So for anything I want to say to people who will understand, this site is all I got
Always a pleasure buddy , and with you o this one too. folks dont get the passion and pleasure we do as the growers though , frustrates the shit out of me.lol I love talking about this stuff too. It's always a learning curve too. We try stuff with or without advice often and its how we find some great stuff too. Jemima has been a pioneer on the soil front for a long time and now an MC one too. Love her work. I am due to put my.new ladies in an old nft setup from decades back. More from curiosity mow as to why this medium is not as "on trend" anymore. I used to love it before my return to growing and a failure due to root rot!!!. I switched to coco and then rdwc then back to coco and living organics . I am also running 3 60L living organic pots alongside this run but expect the nft to fly when they go into it. Excited to try MC in the nft and I will be using farside05 's mix with additional Calmag and silica. A nice full root bed should devour those beautiful nutes and give me some monsters !!!. lol
I used additions in flower to the mc that went ok too.

Back
Top Bottom