Dark Energy

PFirefly

Hello all,

Does anyone know of an alternative product for "Dark Energy"? The stuff is amazing, believe me, but the stink is not something that is easy, if even possible, to get used to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PFirefly

Dark energy is an additive to your regular nutes. It's very good stuff but smells awful. It's put out by American Hydroponics. The plants go nuts when you use this stuff. But the trade off is the smell. Do a search for American hydroponics: Dark Energy and you'll see the product.

PFirefly

Brother, that stuff reeks to the point it could be used as a weapon. Unfortunately, the smell is the price you pay for the performance. I am unaware of any additive you could use to quench the smell. You may try to up your ventilation, but that will probably provide only marginal relief.

Well............the only ventilation I could think of would be an open field and maybe then, maybe, you would not smell the horror. But what a performance product! And the nugs are really sweet. Weird science, yes? LOL

PFirefly

I really don't think so. The smell is so much more invasive than the most smelly skunk plant out there. The problem is the smell that spills out of the grow room into the rest of your home. I don't worry about what it smells like out side. Where I live there is usually a breeze . I know that there is an alternate product that does the same thing but I am having a really hard time finding it. I had run across it in a High Times magazine and since have been unable to find the magazine. I'll keep looking and post as soon as I locate it. I know that the same formula has been odor neutralized, like they do fish emulsion nutes. believe me, It's worth finding. The product is amazing. You see results in 12 hours. This product hooked up with Dutch Master liquid light and you are able to lop off as much as 3 weeks on harvest with some very fine herb, and sweet flavor.

Blessings and have a good week,
PFirefly

I really don't think so. The smell is so much more invasive than the most smelly skunk plant out there. The problem is the smell that spills out of the grow room into the rest of your home...

What kind of grow set up do you have? Are the plants in soil or pots? Open nute tank?

If in pots and no open nutes, try putting a top dressing over the soil or medium. Cut and place a piece of weed cloth over the medium in the pots, then a good thick layer of activated charcoal, then a layer of shredded redwood bark. Cover anything that's wet with this stuff in your grow room and put a layer of activated charcoal on top. This may cut down on the stink.

The smell of Dark Energy?? OK, here's the best I can come up with. Dark Energy = The House of 10,000 dirty diapers. Or the House of 10,000 cats. Now times that by 5 and you get a general idea what this stuff smells like. But is you went around with butt plugs in your nose you will have an amazing harvest of the best tasting, true to genetic form, ganja on your block. Unless someone else is also using Dark Energy.

PFirefly

I dumped a wheelbarrow out the other day that had some old veg matter in it for a few months and it was wet. The smell of anaerobic decomposition wafted up (kind of like your description) and pure black ink like liquid flowed across the dirt. I wonder if Dark Energy is something like that. Anaerobic decomposition results, for example, when a compost pile is too wet and doesn't have enough air. The good sweet smelling compost piles are the result of aerobic decomposition...plenty of air. The dog sure likes the rotten smell and wanted to drink the liquid. Maybe I'll try to produce some and use it on some outdoor veggies next year...

i got a pint of dark energy and hope it does what it claims to do. 2-0-0 all L- amino acids, vitamins, micro and macros, proteins to stimulate plant hormones such as auxin and ethelyne. i used it as as a folair for my kandy kush seedlings. so far so good. from seeds to seedling in less then 72 hours, thats pretty good. 5 out of 5 from reserva privada.
yes it stinks. but does it rock? we'll see.:peacetwo:

its got the hormone cytokinin and IAA-3 hormone, thats why it stinks. and thats why they want to use very little. i use cytokinin and it smells the same.
you cant get info on AH dark energy anywhere.

i found out its smell is cytokinin and indole acidic acid (IAA-3) hormone.
i use cytokinin on my plants. it smells exactly the same. superthrive has IAA-3. I MIXED THE 2 TOGETHER and thats what dark energy is. my nose knows. it stinks like dark energy. dawn will get the smell off your hands.

i got a pint of dark energy and hope it does what it claims to do. 2-0-0 all L- amino acids, vitamins, micro and macros, proteins to stimulate plant hormones such as auxin and ethelyne. i used it as as a folair for my kandy kush seedlings. so far so good. from seeds to seedling in less then 72 hours, thats pretty good. 5 out of 5 from reserva privada.
yes it stinks. but does it rock? we'll see.:peacetwo:

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush.

Frosted Bud Nuggets!

DSC03980.jpg

DSC03990.jpg

i have been using dark energy for about a year & its worth dealing with the smell for the results that you get from it.. a similar type of product is GH floralious plus.. it contains some of the same extracts & doesnt smell anywhere near as bad as the dark energy.. just an FYI- i use them both, & super thrive.. the MMJ clubs in San Francisco buy my stuff every time. good luck

id rather have that as an exhaust smell than weed. your supposed to only use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. i also use floralicious plus w/it.
bonide cytokinin hormone is also good. its called tomato and blossom set spray. good stuff. it smells but its already mixed to use in a spray bottle 32oz.
plus FF grow,big bloom and tiger bloom. GO Cal mg+,GH fruit n fussion, and diamond nectar. plus some AN supplements like overdrive, organic B1, bud blood and bud candy.

Back
Top Bottom