Dark green seedling, yellowing on the other

shadowchaos19

I am in happy frog soil in mars hydro 4x4 tent with mh tsw 2000 300 watt led light 25 percent at 24 inches.

I did use some dynonyco micorrhizal sprinkled into the hold before planting as well as watering with it. It seems like plant is decently healthy can tug on it lightly and still stays grounded.

I have seen some brownish roots on the bottom of my pot im assuming they died due to lack of oxygen too much water or not drying quickly enough.

Been at roughly 75 f consistent and 65 rh

Still feels a little wet underneath tried to add a couple small holes to create oxygen and let it dry up completely.

Any recommendations? Or input ? Replant into something a little bigger?

20210624_232226.jpg

20210624_231441.jpg

20210624_231434.jpg

20210624_061043.jpg

20210624_020954.jpg

I am in happy frog soil in mars hydro 4x4 tent with mh tsw 2000 300 watt led light 25 percent at 24 inches.

I did use some dynonyco micorrhizal sprinkled into the hold before planting as well as watering with it. It seems like plant is decently healthy can tug on it lightly and still stays grounded.

I have seen some brownish roots on the bottom of my pot im assuming they died due to lack of oxygen too much water or not drying quickly enough.

Been at roughly 75 f consistent and 65 rh

Still feels a little wet underneath tried to add a couple small holes to create oxygen and let it dry up completely.

Any recommendations? Or input ? Replant into something a little bigger?
Hi @shadowchaos19 !
Your plants look strong... :goodjob:

More holes in the bottom are good, but that is not what dries out your soil. A strong plant with good roots will drain that soil way faster than evaporation ever could... its not that a couple more holes in the container are going to make this happen any faster.

Roots can not live once they hit the outside, so they will turn brown. This is not a worry, because it is the roots that are still in the soil that are important, not those who wander outside. Some will tell you that seeing those roots come out at the bottom is an indication that you need to uppot. This is also not true. The reason we start in smaller containers is so that we can get a handle on the watering so as to not over water and so that we can build up a root ball in that container by restricting the roots in that size until they are so dense that they are starting to get in each other's way... and then and only then is it time to uppot.

With that size plant in those containers, you should expect it to initially take 3-4 days for the plants to drain that container once you have watered to runoff and put as much water in that soil as it can hold. If you patiently wait for the plant to use all of that water, to the point that by lifting that container you can not discern ANY water weight at all, so much so that it is clear that the plant has used all of that water from top to bottom, only then is it time to water again. When you force the plant to search for the water like this, it responds by growing more roots. The next time, it should not take as long for the plant to drain the water, and your next cycle should take 2-3 days. Each time you go through a strong wet/dry cycle, the time between waterings will decrease, until the plant is so strong that it can drain every drop of water you can get that soil to hold, in 24-36 hours. When this happens, you can be assured that you have built a root ball in that container, and only then is it time to uppot, and then start this cycle all over again.

I call this the wet/dry cycle and I wrote a thing about a decade ago to explain why this is the very best way to water a weed. The link to that paper is in my signature lines. This is the best advice I can give you as a new grower of weeds... read how to Properly Water this Potted Plant.

Back
Top Bottom