Dark/Light cycle for autoflowers

Agen36

Not having two rooms available for different light cycles, I am forced to keep a young autoflower with the rest of my plants when changing from 18/6 to 12/12 in order to start flowering and bud growth. I guess my question is will the autoflower tolerate a change in light cycles without disrupting its normal growing pattern?
Being a complete neophyte at this and having read opposing points of view the learned opinions of this forum are of great value to me.

The auto will tolerate the change but it will be smaller and yield less than if you kept it at 18/6 ... Any chance you can move it outdoors ? It doesn't need a lot of direct sunshine.

Thanks for the reply ChesterC!

The auto will tolerate the change but it will be smaller and yield less than if you kept it at 18/6 ... Any chance you can move it outdoors ? It doesn't need a lot of direct sunshine.

I live in a residential community and while I have backyard privacy there is a lot of traffic (friends, relatives, etc.) I would be loath to have the wrong person spot the plant.

However... you say that it doesn't require a lot of direct sunlight; is that unique to the autoflower species? How much direct sunlight would be the minimum? Would leaving it for 6 hours outside and then moving it back indoors for the additional 12 hours work? I've read (somewhere) that an indoor plant might not tolerate the heat of direct sun when it's only used to artificial light.

By the by, I'm sorry for not originally posting this in the FAQ as directed by the sticky.

Moving it in and out will work for additional light but there is the potential of picking up bugs and bringing them in to your other plants ... got a sunny window ? Don't let this small problem turn you off of autos ... once you get used to them you'll see they can be less complicated than photo plants ... there are forums that are dedicated to autoflower plants that can help you get up to speed ... I grow both but autos are easier and produce well both indoors and out ...

Not having two rooms available for different light cycles, I am forced to keep a young autoflower with the rest of my plants when changing from 18/6 to 12/12 in order to start flowering and bud growth. I guess my question is will the autoflower tolerate a change in light cycles without disrupting its normal growing pattern?
Being a complete neophyte at this and having read opposing points of view the learned opinions of this forum are of great value to me.
Your ladies will be just fine.. If you got several they may finish at different times. 12/12 wont effect your grow. Course I never run that light cycle till now. They all turned out just fine.

To get the best out of auto flowers is to run those light s 24/7 start to Finnish u get better yeilds way way better than 18/6 they grow so fast there awsowm.

Back
Top Bottom