Dark & Light Hours And Trichome Development!

Seniorweeder

Hey guys,, it's been a while but haven't had any real problems or news to post. Question today involves how long my "Autoflower" plants are taking to get any amber Trichomes. My last grow got into the 5th month with very little amber "trices" and the buds started drying out so I decided to harvest anyway. One thing I do a lot is I grow my Auto's on 24/7 lights and have good grows so far, but I seem to have read somewhere that others use total dark hours to force Trichome development,, or should I maybe do 18/6 during flower,, or any other system U can suggest. Below is my current "Pineapple Express" and "Cream",, I think they are awesome so far, at 13 weeks old they have about 50/50 clear and milky Trichomes! Thanks as always for your time!

Cream 4-18-22.jpg

Crm :P.Express 4-18-22.jpg

Those look done, great job! I don't have lots of experience with auto's but I think all plants like a little dark time. Of course I don't give it to them in veg myself, but I bet you're flowering plants wouldn't mind 18/6. THat said, if you are getting good results don't fix what's not broken! CHeers! :yahoo:

Hey guys,, it's been a while but haven't had any real problems or news to post. Question today involves how long my "Autoflower" plants are taking to get any amber Trichomes. My last grow got into the 5th month with very little amber "trices" and the buds started drying out so I decided to harvest anyway. One thing I do a lot is I grow my Auto's on 24/7 lights and have good grows so far, but I seem to have read somewhere that others use total dark hours to force Trichome development,, or should I maybe do 18/6 during flower,, or any other system U can suggest. Below is my current "Pineapple Express" and "Cream",, I think they are awesome so far, at 13 weeks old they have about 50/50 clear and milky Trichomes! Thanks as always for your time!

Cream 4-18-22.jpg

Crm :P.Express 4-18-22.jpg
Hey Senior how have you been my friend?
Ladies look fantastic. :cheer:
I'm pretty sure I see white pistols.
Which means you have a couple weeks left.:Namaste: at least.
A clear pic of her and buds would help.
When a lady has finished flowering she crinkles in her pistols and they turn red.
Then you know she is finished flowering and building for you.
Then check tric's.
Let's see them beauties Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Your plants are looking gorgeous seniorweeder.
I've got a bluedream'atic just finishing now. She spent most of her life on 18/6. (85 days today)
This past week the bud has stopped building and the trichs are going cloudy, so I've lowered the lighting to 16.5/7.5.
I checked three days after lowering the light schedule and there's about 5% Amber trichs now. She is slowing down drinking water.
The plant should be where I want her to be by this Saturday, then chop.

Back
Top Bottom