DarkGreenGoo's - Northern Light Blue - Coco - Mainline/Fluxing

Some photo updates.

As you can see, we have 8 tops. Everything else has been taken off the plant. The 8 tops have also been pulled down for LST'ing them towards their final growing place.

As you can see one of the tops on the plant on the right is pulled into the middle at a strange angle. That is because I want that one to remain in the middle of the plant, and want it to grow straight up. The other tops will grow and be tied to the outside ring of the cage.

Feb_14_2015_19_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_18_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_13_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_17_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_16_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_15_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_14_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_10_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_12_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_11_.jpg

Now, I just need to keep these 8 tops secured. Then when they are tall enough tuck them on the outside of the cage and tie them off.

How many weeks from germination to getting them to the top of the tomato cage?
Nice grow by the way.. I will be following closely. I have been reading a lot on manifolding /flux, but I'm unsure if it will beat my yields I am currently getting using the SCROG method. Currently scrogging HSO BLueDream. Monster yeilder by the looks of it

How many weeks from germination to getting them to the top of the tomato cage?
Nice grow by the way.. I will be following closely. I have been reading a lot on manifolding /flux, but I'm unsure if it will beat my yields I am currently getting using the SCROG method. Currently scrogging HSO BLueDream. Monster yeilder by the looks of it

It has been about 8 weeks since seed. The first month they were in solo cups and I pretty much didn't pay attention to them outside of feeding. After the first month, they were about six nodes large. I then chopped them at the third node and began the mainlining.

80 percent of the growth pictured here has been grown in about four weeks. For a total of 8 weeks.

It will probably be 9 total weeks before I flip them into flower.

The reason I decided to go with this method, is because after veg, you are done. Everything will grow fairly large and evenly due to the mainline process.

The tomato ring also allows you to pull the colas around it once they are secured. This allows you to space everything out how you wish, and makes sure the canopy is fairly even (if something is too tall, just drag it around the ring until it's bending shorter).

Congratulations on your grow DarkGreenGoo, plants looks very healthy!
I will be following your results closely as my goal is to replace my 2, 600HID in my 6x5x5 with 4, p450, 1 for each plants. How do you like this panel so far? Do you notice any difference from your preview grow ? I am wondering because you mentioned how fast they are growing right now, which made me think if you already grew this strain before and that would be the comparison.
Thank you
Peace.

So far I like the panel and the customer service has been great.

I have noticed major differences between this grow and my first grow with the panel. Training the plant is the reason for this. I didn't do enough training in my first LED grow. I sort of gave up on the SCROG due to time constraints. This time I have decided to stick to a training technique.

The reason it has helped so much is because it has allowed a fairly even canopy, lots of air movement and more tops. The plants seem to be thriving in veg so far.

Another reason is I am not longer using large hempy buckets. My hempy buckets caused me issues last grow (roots didn't grow into the res for some strange reason). I really feel Coco is best left and allowed to drain it self out. Pulling oxygen down into the root zone. It's how I always grew and I have gone back to it for this grow.

It has been about 8 weeks since seed. The first month they were in solo cups and I pretty much didn't pay attention to them outside of feeding. After the first month, they were about six nodes large. I then chopped them at the third node and began the mainlining.

80 percent of the growth pictured here has been grown in about four weeks. For a total of 8 weeks.

It will probably be 9 total weeks before I flip them into flower.

The reason I decided to go with this method, is because after veg, you are done. Everything will grow fairly large and evenly due to the mainline process.

The tomato ring also allows you to pull the colas around it once they are secured. This allows you to space everything out how you wish, and makes sure the canopy is fairly even (if something is too tall, just drag it around the ring until it's bending shorter).

Right ok 9 weeks, that's what I veg for anyway when I SCROG. What watt is your platinum led? And would u say they better than hps? I will be most definitely following you until harvest :)

beautiful job training those plants man!

I wonder how the yield will be from 2 plants train this well. looking forward to see this grow to the end! :)

loving the idea my next time im totaly building a manifold!! how you liking the lights so far? im looking into getting some:)

I am liking them a lot. The 450 is doing an amazing job in veg.

Sorry about the lack of updates, but veg can be boring.

I trimmed the plants up the other night, and did some final training. As you can see they are all training to go around the rings.

Anything below the rings has been removed.

Some of the tops as you can see are smaller than others. This shows how significant even minor stress can be to the growth of the plant. Although they all went through the same training, the plant on the left had one set of nodes be slightly cut by snippers, and the other side had one top actually come off (and was put back on by tape and healed). Even the very small slice was able to significantly slow those nodes down. Lets not even get into the one that was even more damaged.

Since it happened in veg, they will recover, but wont end up as even as I would have liked.

I also wish I would have done a better job at putting my plants in the dead middle of their pots. They are nowhere near middle, and were not straight, so it makes training take a bit longer as some have to grow more than others.

Feb_28_2015_3_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_6_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_9_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_1_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_5_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_8_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_2_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_4_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_7_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_10_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_11_.jpg
Feb_28_2015_12_.jpg

You can also see the lighting changed. This is because I turned on the bloom mode for the P450. Everything before this was done only in veg mode. I wanted a bit more stretched and for them to become accustomed to the new light before flower. Which, should come in the next few days.

Still using 6ML Micro, 9 ML Bloom, 1g Epsom per gallon of RO water.

I also wish 420 mag allowed you to post higher quality pictures, or links to higher quality. All of my photos are 20 megapixels. When they get shrunk down so much tons of detail gets lost.

Thanks for your two grow journals DGG. I have been lurking but decided to let you know how much I have learned. I am looking forward to learning more. I like this journal a bit more because this is what I am setting up to do. I think I will pull up a chair and join the crowd.

How are those plants looking now?

Yes. New pictures please! I'm wanting to try this method, and your journal has been great to see how the grow progresses.

I apologize for the lack of updates, but I have been dealing with lots of personal issues, and will be for another couple weeks. I should have some photos and updates coming tonight or tomorrow. Plants are doing great still!

Height is completely controlled. Not worried at all even if they stretch another half foot. Lots of room to breath. Still feeding them 6ML Micro, 9ML Bloom and a pinch of Epsom.

the plants have no health problems, recover from stress fast, and have been growing fantastic. I even chopped off a good portion of side branching I felt was just holding them back. They recovered during flower in less than two days.

That's pretty cool, DGG. I'm going to have to try this in the neer future. Looks fun. The girls look great!:thumb:

Keep us posted!
Andy.

Back
Top Bottom