Darkscotia’s High Brix Grow 2019 Tangerine Dream

Looking fantastic Dark! Any chance of you drying low and slow? My BCPs, dried in the tent = good then her babies (2 clones) dried low and slow = amazing!

My drying normally always takes about 4-5 days then off to jars they go for another 2 months of burping and playing with them in bottles till they are just right. This time I’m thinking of trying to cob a few buds to see how that turns out.

For anyone that doesn't know about the low and slow method of drying, it's pretty easy. Chop, trim and wash as usual. Hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and into the fridge. Each bag gets about 30 grams of wet bud, I've seen this number vary. You don't want the buds bunched up but rather laying flat in the bag so they can breath and dry. after 3 days open all the bags and move the buds around a little to make sure all sides are getting air, close bag and back in the fridge. Do this again in another 3 days and then you can just leave them until dry, 10-14 days, number can vary based on rh in fridge and size of buds. Sweet Sue trims her buds to a uniform small size but if you want to save some of the bigger buds just mix in a good amount of small buds in. Note, if you don't have a dedicated fridge, food will take on the smell and taste of your weed. I'm using a mini fridge. After the 2 weeks or so, assuming your buds feel dry, throw them in jars with hygrometers (I got mine At a pet store in the reptile section) and check after a few hours, if the rh is over 70 back in the fridge for more drying and if 70 or below you can burp down to 62 and cure as usual. I had bags higher in the fridge dry quicker than lower. there are pros and cons to the boveda/boost humidity packs.

Great mornin to ya Scotia....some nice pics bud! I'l tell ya wat ones i liked the best...those first few showing the lil ones in pots that were FILLED up to the brim.....great to see this done properly. So many growers say they are using this size pot...or that,...and don't fill their pots up. Guess what,..that 7 gal. pot is 7 gal's. but they only put in 5 gal's. of soil...PFFT!.
Anyhow , have a great day and Easter bud!:high-five:

Do you have a dedicated fridge you could use or would you buy a dorm fridge for it? You'll never go back Dark!
This is the thread but I can sum it up for you if you want, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Not really but I may buy one and give dr ziggy way a try sounds interesting and want to see the difference. So I my try my old way of drying. Try dr ziggy’s way and true and cob a few buds and see what the best.

Looking good!! :passitleft:

Thank you very much

Great mornin to ya Scotia....some nice pics bud! I'l tell ya wat ones i liked the best...those first few showing the lil ones in pots that were FILLED up to the brim.....great to see this done properly. So many growers say they are using this size pot...or that,...and don't fill their pots up. Guess what,..that 7 gal. pot is 7 gal's. but they only put in 5 gal's. of soil...PFFT!.

Yes sir I always try and keep those pots filled right to brim of pots. Sometimes I slack on that during late bloom.

Do you have a dedicated fridge you could use or would you buy a dorm fridge for it? You'll never go back Dark!

This is the thread but I can sum it up for you if you want, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Not that u wouldn’t take Ween’s word for it but I just tried the Low and Slow method with my last harvest and it’s def worth it. I won’t ever hang dry again unless I’m forced too.

It’s funny all the Bud is now out of that fridge and every time I go into the freezer for some food I get smacked in the face with the dank :laughtwo:

Hope you can give it a try DS. All the best with the BCP :drool:and the new grow!

:rofl: Ain’t that the truth! I’m also guilty of not packing and filling them up as much as I could have. After a couple waterings it’s much easier though.

So some positive news today. I’ll be starting another journal in next few weeks doing a sponsored journal featuring our new seed sponsor Dr.seeds. Seeds were sent out Thursday and receiving them today if all goes right. Some fast shipping so far.
Very nice, Brother! :high-five:
Make sure to post the link to the new journal when it's up! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom