Dastri Soil Purple Haze - Star Killer x Chocolope - Acapulco Gold - Grow Journal 1997

Dastri

Hello everyone! Figured a good way to say hi to everyone is to start a grow journal. This is my first ever grow. (Wow, I originally put 1997 in title. The year is 2017. I must be high or something.)

Strains (# of plants): Purple Haze (4), Star Killer x Chocolope (3), Acapulco Gold - high CBD medical strain (2)
Pots: 6 in fabric pots, 3 in plastic pots. All 5 gallon.
4x4 tent, vented
3 cheap 300W full(ish) spectrum LED pannels. I plan on making my own to replace these some day. But I have a very limited budget and work with what I can get.
Soil: 2/3 Fox Farm Ocean, 1/3 a different soil i don't remember the name of, and a significant amount of pearlite.
Nutes: Fox Farm Trio, CalMag
Water: RO water pH 6.4 to 6.6

My girls are on Day 2 of flower. Well, hoping for girls, waiting for sex. Here are a few pictures to introduce you to them. Let me know what you think.

The canopy:
IMG_20170610_081931.jpg

back 3 are the star killer crosses, middle row left 2 are the acapulco gold, the rest are purple hazes.

A closer look at the Purple Haze:
IMG_20170610_081950.jpg

Star Killer x Chocolope:
IMG_20170610_082000.jpg

Acapulco Gold - High CBD medical
IMG_20170610_082010.jpg

Also, here are a few pics of them when they were still vegging.
IMG_20170529_161744.jpg

Purple Haze:
IMG_20170531_044131.jpg
IMG_20170531_044119.jpg
IMG_20170529_161906.jpg
IMG_20170529_161922.jpg

So, yeah. Let me know what you think. And hello all. I have learned a lot reading the forums here. Time to join in on all the fun!

Re: Dastri Soil Purple Haze - Star Killer x Chocolope - Acapulco Gold - Grow Journal

Watered the plants in fabric pots today. Due to the fact that they are fabric, they dry out at a different rate than the ones in plastic pots. I planted some in both to see which one I liked more.

They were fed 4 days ago, so I only gave them water with 4ml/gal CalMag and pH'd to 6.4. I have been giving CalMag to treat purpling to the tops of leaf stems. I subscribe to the idea of underfeeding rather than overfeeding because a deficiency can be more easily fixed than burning the crap out of the plant.

Re: Dastri Soil Purple Haze - Star Killer x Chocolope - Acapulco Gold - Grow Journal

Day 4 flower

A few are starting to show sex. So far, 2 of the purple hazes are female. The Starkiller crosses are feminized, so they shouldn't be an issue but watching them closely for herms. May have been a little ambitious to do a SCROG on my first grow, but I am very happy with the results so far. Here are a couple pics of the girls.

IMG_20170613_110157.jpg

IMG_20170613_110033.jpg

How's it going dastri I'm going to pull up a chair this should be good the girls look great

For a first grow, you're doing really well. The plants look healthy, you've topped and ScrOGed which is nice. Personally, I'd do one more tuck on the tallest bud sites, and then let them stretch, to keep the canopy more even. I think you'll end up with a decent harvest.

:goodjob:

Day 9 Flower

Took a few pics of the girls today. Little hairs are popping up everywhere. They are still vigorously stretching. The tent still looks pretty full with the male Purple Haze plant removed.

Managed to get a group shot just before the lights came on to get one without that purple hue everyone loves so much. It isn't a great pic, since I just use my phone to take pics and the flash isn't great.

Will be feeding them all tomorrow. The probe is showing the soil is pretty dry.

Alright, enjoy the pics. I know I love staring at the girls!

IMG_20170618_062633.jpg

IMG_20170618_125418.jpg

IMG_20170618_125220.jpg

Day 10

Did some watering. Been needing to water/feed every 4 days. Used 3 ml/gal CalMag and RO water. pHd to 6.5. Will feed again next watering. Can't seem to keep up with Mag. Plants just chew through it apparently. Think that is a good sign though, since Mag is used in photosynthesis.

Worked on the canopy a little bit, trying to even it out a bit. Was able to supercrop one of the purple haze plants to reduce its height a bit. the Starkiller plants in the back do not take to supercropping at all. They are much more brittle and just act like they are going to break. All three of those plants are about the same height, so I think I just need to accept they will be the height they are. A lesson was learned, put all plants of the same strain to the left or right, not front or back, so that lights can be adjusted independently for the different strains. I'll take a few pics of what I'm talking about after they wake up.

Overall, they all look very healthy and are smelling very nice. Starting to get a bit impatient, hehe.

Take care.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom