Dataudio's Indoor Blue Dream, 5x5 SCROG, 2 x 600W HID

That's a lot of pretty colors. I hope mine will get some color to it. If you get the chance, join in on the grow. It's gonna be a mass journal for anyone and everyone to join. Start anytime of year you like after Jan 1st, and the plan is to have everyone harvest at same time, probably in October since outdoor growers will be in it. It's a good way to pay tribute the the Doode, and let's everyone see all the different grow styles. C'mon, you know you wanna

Ha...I do need to get out there and mingle I guess. :geek:...I'm still having trouble chiming in on your community journal and that should be easy. I'll be there brotha...and hopefully much better prepared by then.

For the yoyos, you can tie a string around the perimeter of your light, and then hang yoyos from the string. I'm think you're going to need it with the blue dream!

Thanks. Would you recommend any specific ones based off of your experience?

These look like yours
hangers1.jpg

Wow. Opened the tent and bam....there's a mini Sinharaja in the basement! Extra stoked this evening and looks like things are going great thus far. The canopy is getting really dense and the hairs have started popping out big time. Branches are like 2x as thick already, can't wait to see how big these colas get with all this talk of them needing help holding up their own weight.....that's gonna be fantastic!!!

Pics below of the trim job the other day and how I left some fan leaves below the net to give them some extra fuel when they pull nutrients in the final stretch. Thanks for the tip Capn!

Thanks Rosebud! Much appreciated on the Reps...I need to go through and give props to everyone that has helped me thus far. Will figure out how to do that after this post as I need to rep the big dogs that have been helping a brotha out so much.

I feel like a Knuckle McChuckle head this afternoon and looking for some advice. Had another major noob mistake last night. I noticed that my timer was off by 15 and the lights were ON for 11HR45MIN and OFF for 12HR15MIN so yesterday i flipped on the lights 10 min early. Long story short is I went to bed without switching it back to TIMER and left it at ON all night. They have been on an extra 8+ hours, 20+ hours instead of 12. So how bad is it and what would you guys suggest I do next? I turned off the lights as soon as I noticed and not sure how to proceed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Received input in another thread and reading online that it's recommended I keep the 12/12 schedule the same and keep on keepin on. And to never do that again.....So lights are back on for the same schedule This grow definitely has it's bumps and bruises but having a blast and happy to hone in my skills.

Thanks Rosebud! Much appreciated on the Reps...I need to go through and give props to everyone that has helped me thus far. Will figure out how to do that after this post as I need to rep the big dogs that have been helping a brotha out so much.

I feel like a Knuckle McChuckle head this afternoon and looking for some advice. Had another major noob mistake last night. I noticed that my timer was off by 15 and the lights were ON for 11HR45MIN and OFF for 12HR15MIN so yesterday i flipped on the lights 10 min early. Long story short is I went to bed without switching it back to TIMER and left it at ON all night. They have been on an extra 8+ hours, 20+ hours instead of 12. So how bad is it and what would you guys suggest I do next? I turned off the lights as soon as I noticed and not sure how to proceed. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

>>>it's recommended I keep the 12/12 schedule the same

+1

>>>the lights were ON for 11HR45MIN and OFF for 12HR15MIN

That's my schedule. Nothing wrong with that.

Pictures this evening, they're looking and smelling wonderful. Appears they didn't punish me for leaving the lights on too long the other day as they continue to explode.

Topped each plant twice and seeing many of the tops are really taking off.

IMG_9144.JPG
IMG_91542.JPG
IMG_91491.JPG

as long as they have 12+ hrs of darkness you will be fine. Marijuana "ripens" or "flowers" based on the amount of days of 12 hours of darkness. So even if you had a power outage and got 24 hrs of darkness the plant will classify that as a single day. The only benefit to a longer light cycle during flower is to allow the plant to photosynthesise more.

Looking great Dat! Btw, how many days into flower are they?

It would make sense to post that info with the picture eh? I'll be doing that in the future. They are 25 days into flower as of today....they had the first 12HR cycle on Sunday August 24th.

Watered them today and the crystals are really starting to pack on...more lower than upper at the moment.

Shalom 420 peeps - Today is the 21st day of flowering. Somehow I added an extra week by accident so the above statement is incorrect. Hope these look pretty on track for blue dream on day 21 of of flower.

Question: Should I be adjusting branches/leafs around on the screen any at this point? To expose buds under fan leaves or maybe trim back any larger fan leaves to promote lower growth? I see where a few could use the extra love but not sure so I've left hem alone since flowering started. Thanks!

Shalom 420 peeps - Today is the 21st day of flowering. Somehow I added an extra week by accident so the above statement is incorrect. Hope these look pretty on track for blue dream on day 21 of of flower.

Question: Should I be adjusting branches/leafs around on the screen any at this point? To expose buds under fan leaves or maybe trim back any larger fan leaves to promote lower growth? I see where a few could use the extra love but not sure so I've left hem alone since flowering started. Thanks!

Dat,

IN the first two weeks of flower, I only take a fan leaf here or there. If many are taken at once, flowering can be delayed. Since you are at day 21, you can take more fan leaves off, but again, don't rape your plant in one day. Over the next week or two, you can take a few fans a day. I usually aim for the most obnoxious ones. And like you said, if you can simply tuck the fan leaf down a bit, that is preferred.

Thanks Capn.

To be more specific and sorry to stick so much on the topic. What's your perspective on messing with the bud sites that have a fan leaf or two over them? Do you adjust in order to promote more light to these areas? Not sure if I should cut leafs that are above bud sites but also may not have anywhere to tuck as the canopy is crazy dense. Is it worth messing with the canopy and getting more light to slightly shaded tops or to just leave it alone and let it go after flowering has started? Thanks.

Thanks Capn.

To be more specific and sorry to stick so much on the topic. What's your perspective on messing with the bud sites that have a fan leaf or two over them? Do you adjust in order to promote more light to these areas? Not sure if I should cut leafs that are above bud sites but also may not have anywhere to tuck as the canopy is crazy dense. Is it worth messing with the canopy and getting more light to slightly shaded tops or to just leave it alone and let it go after flowering has started? Thanks.

>>>What's your perspective on messing with the bud sites that have a fan leaf or two over them?

Yes, if you can move bud sites slightly to give them more light, do so.

>>>Not sure if I should cut leafs that are above bud sites

Yes, after 3 weeks of flower, you should be taking off some big fan leaves that are shading bud sites. Your plant is done with vegetative growth. However, it still needs energy produced by fan leaves, so like I said, don't rape it. Looking at your picture, I would take one leaf off of each top. So maybe take a dozen leaves off today, and another dozen in 3-4 days. I would continue to do this slowly all the way to the end of flower.

Also remember this defoliation thing depends on strain too. My emdog requires very little plucking of fan leaves. But my purple dream grows just like yours here. It requires much more. If you don't take off enough, you will have a lot of lower buds that are not as ripe and won't be as potent. If you take off too many, you could stunt your plant, because it focuses energy on recovering, instead of bud production.

There is no single set of instructions for this. It is something you'll need to experiment with slightly, with each strain. But don't stress about it. Just have fun and error on the side of not taking enough off.

Perfect and thanks for the extra hand holding. This is exactly what I was wondering and glad it's kosher to go through now and get light to some shaded buds. I was still in the mindset of fan leaves for energy and nutrients which deterred me from more defoliation. Will ease into it as you say and get busy tonight. Your a pot ninja. Thanks again!

Day 31 since lights turned off for flower. All looks to be going on track and super grateful for fortune being on my side thus far for the first grow. Everything is looking really healthy. Thankfully no bugs, mold or anything outside of the documented issues. Picked up a 50 pint dehumidifier since I will be nearing halfway through flower soon and want better control over humidity. Been hanging out at low 50's with lights on but gets up to low 60s towards end of lights out, will be locking it in at 45 from here on out.

Not much to say, the smell is mouthwatering and the crystals are a sight to behold. Same old stuff for the veteran growers I sure. Hope everything stays on track and the buds keep fatting up.
IMG_92662.JPG
IMG_9252.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG

Back
Top Bottom