Datrippps Red Cherry Berry Aero/NFT Hydro

datrippp

Ok, I'm finally on it. Here's my latest grow I just started with my home built Aero/NFT Hydro system. This unit has been great, But I did a bit of an overhaul on it, and now it's an amazing unit that is compact, can produce killer results. This is my first full run with this re-vised edition. lol.. anyway, here's my setup.
I made a makeshift Tent in an upstairs bedroom that's 5'X5'
Lighting is VIA a Lumatek digital dimmable ballast in 600w, 120v
I have a 600w lumatek High parbulb for flowering, and a 400w MH for Veg.
Intake & Exhaust will go into attic, and come in from a fresh air vent, then pass through a filter b4 entering grow chamber. Exhaust will pass through a carbon scrubber into attic. My unit is a 10 site Aero/NFT based off stinkbuddies original design. I plan a nice step by step tutorial on it with all my revisions, but basic design is from stinkbud. Anyway, Here is some pics. The first one is from the day I put the clones in the unit, and started veg. The rest are from today, 1.5 weeks into veg, they went from 1.5inches, to 6.5 inches.. and look good to me. lets here some thoughts..

Day 1.. 1 & 1/2 inches tall
RCB_Hydro_Veg_day_1_psp3.jpg

These next few are all from Day 10 of veg, 6.5" tall
RCB_Hydro_Veg_1_5weeks_old_psp2.jpg

RCB_Hydro_Veg_1_5weeks_old_psp4.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/RCB_Hydro_Veg_1_5weeks_old_psp1.jpg
So, how they looking so far, I have the light as close as I think it can be without starting to burn them. lol.. It gets about 86 during lights on, and stays above 74 with lights off. Humidity is currently at about 41%, I have a nice big humidifier in the tent, but it just got in yesterday. I need to look up the ideal RH for veg and flower. If anyone knows, I would be greatful for the input. anyhoo, thnx for looking..
Datrippp

I too am using the space blanket in my grow room those little rectangle marks on your wall say it all to me. I used metal halide to veg but had no clue where i should have it distance wise above my plants, i did 14 inches whats yours at right now? It looks close but they dont seem to mind. I gotta say the way their reaching for the sky like that is a beautiful thing. Your set up is nice nft was my second option, love that method

thanks a bunch chiefin, Ya i love my aero/nft setup, its been great. And yes that is a space blanket, kudos for the pick up.. lol.. anyway, right now Ive got the MH about 8-10 inches above the tops, it gets to about 85-86 during lights on. This was my first time vegging under an mh bulb, I always just used my hps, but not any more. I love how the mh keeps em short bushy, and lots of nice tight nodes. I will go 12-12 after either 4 weeks of veg, or when plants reach 12-16" in height, whichever comes first. Right now theyre looking great, Im using General hydroponics flora series Grow, HW Micro, and Bloom. With floralicious plus, flora nectre, and at bloom I will add Liquid koolblooms, Bloombastic, and dry koolblooms to finish with. so far so good, I'm very happy with they're current progress. Thanx for looking..
Datrippp
P.S. soon to come is a purps, and kahuna grow..

Ok, Here's a few new pics, They are about 20 minutes old.. lol.. The girls have now reached 7.5" in height. I'm happy with how they're looking, and I think I'll stick with my current Nute setup, I'm liking the GH line..

RCB_veg_almost_2_weeks_3.JPG

RCB_veg_almost_2_weeks_2.jpg

RCB_veg_almost_2_weeks_1.jpg

I think they're looking good, and this weekend I will do a complete res change, and up the nute strength a bit. I'm Kinda tossing the idea around on fimming them also. Just not sure if i should, Since I'm trying to get an idea on average yield with just standard plants. I guess I could maybe fimm a few, and see the difference there.. lol.. Well, I better smoke on it.. thanx for looking, and remember if it aint fun, then your doing it wrong...
Datrippp

honestly godspeed, building it was the most technical part,lol. Mainly cuz I made some big changes, like cutting the ends at 45.and re-welding the cut off part back on to make a 90.. Plastic welding is fun.. Works awesome, I havent had a single drop of water leave the unit this way.. Other than that, I really like the setup, it works great, and as long as you check in on em daily, hell its as easy as soil. Maybe even easier.. lol 2nd
I fill res with nute solution I choose, then just top off with water the first week, then top off with nute mix 2nd week, then at end of week2 empty and start over with a bit stronger nutes.

im in and excited for you buddy! :thumb: :tokin: :thumb: :peace:

I really like how easy this unit is to run actually. I do a full res change every 2nd week, and top off in between the changes. Todays measurment is already up to 10.5", so ive got another 3" in 2 days, and theyre staying nice and bushy, instead of just shooting straight up. lol.. Anyway, thanx for looking at my setup, and I will have more pics here in the next day or 2.

Subbed. I like your setup. I use aero setups myself and used GH product for years. I would love to hear your ppm numbers after waterchanges. Have you ever used boomblastic before? I don't believe you should mix that stuff with other additives. It already has everything in it, its why its the most expensive booster, just a opinian. Thats a awesome looking DIY. I am a big fan of DIYs and I really enjoy my aeroflos so journal really peaks my interest.
Good luck plus rep.

Mr Smith, Yes, I use bloombastic during flower, I cut all other additives with it, and use just my base line GH G,M,B with it. It really is worth the money, You gotta figure if it adds just another quarter to your grow, then its paid for itself really. And I know from experience with it, that you'll get atleast that much added to your grow with it.

Ok, heres a couple new pics I took about 10 min ago, they are up to 12" tall now, and nice and bushy.. I really love this setup, it's always exciting when you can damn near watch the "grass" grow in live time.. lol. anyway, heres the pics. How they looking?
rcb_2_5_weeks.jpg

rcb_2_5_weeks-2.jpg

I really appreciate all the interest, and I will try to answer any questions as fast as I can. Thanx to everyone on this site for being very helpfull.
Datrippp

Wow........ sweet set-up bro , i'm in for this one

Ok, heres a couple more pics I took earlier.
IMG_24945.jpg

IMG_24926.jpg

Theyre at a good 12" now, and have a very nice healthy look to em. Getting close to switching to 12-12. I'm thinking maybe another 4-6" then switch after a 36 hr dark spell, with a nice little light foliage feed of flora licious plus during the dark period..

getting crowded huh?! :D

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom