Datrippps Red Cherry Berry Aero/NFT Hydro

Hello and Merry X-MAS to everyone. Got a couple new pics to put up here. These are about 3 weeks and 1 day into flower now, and showing some great developing colas and tons of buds showing up now.

RCB_hydro_start_of_week_3_Flower-1.jpg

RCB_hydro_start_of_week_3_Flower-2.jpg

They are doing great, sitting at 43" tall average, and about 48" wide, lol.. I have'nt had any real issues so far, "knock, knock". lol.. the only thing I need to do is make some lock tabs to hold the edge of the net pots down when the roots startgrowing they wanna tend to push em up on one side or the other, which in turn lets the nutes spray out causing waste. I have em held now for this run, but will incorporate some tabs to hold em after this grow is finished. I'm really getting anxious to see how well these girls are gonna fill out.
Anyway, I trully hope you all have a great X-MAS, & New Year..
Datrippp

Ok, here's a few after lights came on of a few of the colas starting to form up. I think they're doing great, and should finish out nice and full..

RCB_hydro_week_3_bud_development.jpg

RCB_hydro_week_3_bud_development-4.jpg

RCB_hydro_week_3_bud_development-3.jpg

RCB_hydro_week_3_bud_development-2.jpg

Hope everyone has a great holiday, thanx for looking..
Datrippp

OK, heres a few pics of the current stage of grow. Week 3, day 19 of flower. Buds are starting to develop nicely all over. lol..
first pics arebefore and after lollipop trimming the lower section.
BEFORE
RCB_hydro_flower_before_lollipop_trim.jpg

AFTER
RCB_hydro_after_lollipop_trim.jpg

Bud development shots
RCB_hydro_wk_3_flower_bud_pic.jpg

RCB_hydro_week_3_bud_development.jpg

RCB_hydro_bud_shot_week_3_flower.jpg

Overall shots of unit
RCB_hydro_week_3_flower.jpg

RCB_hydro_bud_development_week_3_flower.jpg

Thanx for looking, and have a great new year everyone. :thanks:
Datrippp

Ok, here's a few updated pics on the hydro. I changed the res the otherday, and started them on 2ml per gallon bloombastic. It;s day 21, the end of week 3 in flower. they average 46" tall.and are very soft and supple, With a large amount of buds starting to develop nicely.

RCB_hydro_flower_wk_3.jpg

RCB_hydro_flower_day_21.jpg

RCB_hydro_bud_development_day_21.jpg

More to come..... thanx for looking
Datrippp

the grow is looking nice!! cant wait to see how nice these ladies swell up =)

they're really filling in good now, I will get new pics as soon as lights come on tonight. I'm really loving this unit now that i got it re-designed a bit. lol.. My roots are thick, and there is a ton of them. They have a real nice white color, you can deffinately tell they are happy. lol..

Well, I had a big suprise when I checked in on my hydro today after lights out. I went in after about 2 hrs of dark and found my girls all hunched over from bud weight, lol. Not usually a bad thing but this is what I found..

rcb_hydro_collapse_2_week_5.jpg

hydro_rcb_collapse_wk_5.jpg

So imagine that little suprise. lol.. I need to make a better support frame that I can add height to as needed for them. lol..

Well, I got em all back up and supported, another learning exp. in my book, luckily it only cost me a couple colas, and not the whole grow. lol.. I now have a full new design for supports that will be a big help.. lol..

Ok, I did a full res change tonight, and before the change I did a light flush for about an hour and a half. lol.. PH is @ 5.79, and I toned down a bit on my tds since I burned em a bit last time I added nutes.. Now it's @ 1254 so I think they're gonna like it.. lol..
Tomorrow I'm gonna work and a simple plant support for these girls before they fall over again.. They're getting nice and heavy, and filling out very nice.. I took some pics, and I will try to get some up tomorrow of before and after the new support(s) are added.. lol.. anyway, Thanx for looking I appreciate it. any comments are always welcome..
Datrippp

I took it a bit to high to fast, It was up to 1470 last time I changed, I just gave them to much to fast,lol.. My bad.. I caught the burn right way, and started adding plain water to thin it out a bit, I got the burn stopped then I used plain water for about a week just keeping it topped off. Then when I changed the res the other night a gave them about a 2 hr flush with a light mix of flora kleen, before re-adding the new nutrients. I'm not used to them being this big this fast actually, lol.. I keep thinking they are farther along than just end of week 6. lol.. Started flower on dec. 10th and they have been growing great, The only other issue I had was when they kinda fell over from the weight. lol.. Anyway thanx for the interest..
Datrippp

Ok, Everything seems to be back on track now. The girls are doing much better now, They are enjoying the new nutrients now that it's not burning them.. lol.. As soon as I get everything settled back down here, I will get some new pics to put up.. I will try and get some good Macro shots of the trich's to put up also, the colas have nice buds formed up, and they are really getting dense, On average they are about 14-18 inches long, and full of nice heavy solid buds, thats what caused the little problem the other day when they all fell over.. I guess that's not Bad problem to have, just need to remember to have supports ready for em next time to avoid the issue.. About 6 of them ended up with a bad kinked spot right below the main cola formations. I got most of em back up and ok now, but still lost 2 of them that I had to cut off. I did go ahead and dry it, and tried it out. It wasn't total shit, but the high didn't last long at all. lol.. But they were only in week 5 of flower.. lol.. I was suprised the high was actually as intense as it was for being so pre mature, but when it died out pretty quick it kinda fit.. lol... Anyway, if you have any requests for pics on these, I would be glad to give it my best to get em up..
Thanx for looking,
Datrippp

Damn I just can't get over these colas and buds. They are nice and big, real dense and still packing it on. I still have a few weeks left to, it's only on week 7 now. I'm planning to cut the bloombastic out next week, and start using my dry koolblooms to finish the ripening with.
I'm thinking these may be ready a bit faster than my soils did, they went about 12-13 weeks in flower before ready, and these look about 2 weeks farther along than they did at this point. So maybe a good hydro setup really can knock a couple weeks off flower.
I'll just keep plugging away with what I'm doing here. lol. Seems to be working.
I'm also currently working on my other room, I just cut down the last 8 soil's I had in there, 2 lemon skunk, 2 L$D, & 4 red cherry berry plants all in 2 gallon pots. I didn't get much from em, it's in the dryer I made now, I'm thinking maybe just a couple O's. But once I finish cleaning and removing the carpet from the room, I am setting up 2 of these Aero/NFT hydro units in there, with 2 600w lumatek ballasts. I'm hoping to get to the point where I can harvest about every month and a half to 2 months. But that will be a different journal.. lol..
Thanx,
Datrippp

Thanks godspeed, as for the supports I wasn't able to make a complete one yet for it. I need to have the base part setup before they get this big, lol. So for now I just have a simple base of 3/4" pvc that I tied certain areas to. It's keeping them from anymore damage for now, But the next run will have it in place so all I have to do is extend it up as the girls grow. I'm going to use 3/4" for the base, and 1/2" for the vertical add on's as they grow. There will also be a basic grid for each plant to grow through so I can keep them totally supported, without hindering growth or production at all. I got a couple pics of the girls at this point, I'll post up here in a few. The main colas average about 16" long and about 3" in diameter. They are nice and dense, and are still adding on the goods. Saturday was day 1 of week 8 in flower, so they still have a couple weeks of weight gain left in them. I cut the Bloombastic out of the feed, and started the Dry Koolblooms for the final growth & Ripening. I will then Flush them for about a week using GH Flora Kleen, & Plain PH'd water.
So far, I must say I have learned quite a bit from this grow. This was the first grow in this newly Revised aero/nft system, & the first time I was able to actually Veg them correctly before going to flower. I also used a MH for Veg, and was very pleased with the differance from just using a hps for veg. I also learned alot about this strain, and the nutrient levels it likes, & when not to go up to fast with them, lol.. Anyway, thanx for the intrest and I'll get some new pics up today, or tonight at the latest.
Datrippp

Back
Top Bottom