Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

dauzer

So here goes my first journal and my fist time growing in a tent.

My setup:

The tent - Secret Jardin DR240 - 2.4m x 2.4m x 2m

Lighting:
2x 600W 6" Sunmaster Air Cooled Reflector
600W Sunmaster HPS and MH bulbs, tried shopping around for a different brand but these seemed a safe bet.
2x Lumatek 600W Dimmable Ballasts

Ventilation:
8" Gekko box fan 1500m2
8" Rhino Hobby Carbon Filter
8" Acoustic Ducting
8"-6" reducers (For the reflectors)
Envirovent SIL100S "SILENT" Extractor Fan (Used for bathrooms but unbelievably quiet) have it setup in reverse

Controllers:
Superpro AC-1 Analog Atmosphere Controller (Day use)
Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller (Night Use)
2x Hydroponic Thermometer Hygrometers

Medium:
Bio Mix soil
14ltr Square pots
2x 1m x 1m trays

Feeding:
Advanced Nutrients (Any input here is welcome, i'm only starting to use additives for the first time)

Sensi Grow A/B
Sensi Bloom A/B
Voodoo
Bud Blood
Big Bud
B-52
Overdrive
Final Phase

Strains:
2x White Widow
2x Blue Cheese
2x Northern Lights

So, some of the back story before we get started.

I have 6 of these plants, they are already 5-6 weeks into veg, a friend of mine got them up to where they are but for unforeseen reasons he had to let them go.... so i happily offered my assistance :) I got them about 4 days ago. The last thing my friend done was flush them as he was putting them into the flowering stage (Is this necessary??). I haven't feed them or even watered them yet as they seem to be pretty healthy and no signs of lack of water.

The temp seems to be at a steady 25C and humidity sitting around 65%. I'm thinking of keeping them in veg for another 1 - 2 weeks just to keep them nice and relax after entering their new environment.

I'm still novice growing with great googling skills :cheesygrinsmiley: so all your input and advice will be more than welcome.

I will try to post some pics in the next hour or two.

420-magazine-mobile75459131.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216407135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1467749405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1744460885.jpg
420-magazine-mobile916712184.jpg

Iv noticed some heat stress with the top leaves, this must have happened while the extraction was off

420-magazine-mobile614819389.jpg

So after some investigating it turns out there is no excessive heat under the light, these hoods are air cooled and the glass can be touched by hand. The tops of the plant are a couple of inches from the light but there is no heat so i can't see why they would be stressed. The room temp by the tops is 25c and half way down the temp is about 23c.

It only seems to affect the top leaves

I'm still seeing curling leaves after they got some shut eye. The temp while lights were off went down to 18c and humidity was at 57%. I have a fan blowing over the top of the plants just under the lights and another fan blowing air around the tent while the lights are on so there is no excess heat.

420-magazine-mobile300347544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1473288107.jpg

Any ideas what would be causing these leaves to curling ?

Iv also noticed on one of the leaves near the top its starting to turn a bit yellow.

420-magazine-mobile1368056834.jpg

Can anyone help :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Im still seeing curling and yellowing. Its getting worse. I have a fan directly pointed just under the glass over the tops of the plants, the glass was already cooled enough to touch. Im not sure what else to look for.

Can I get a picture of both sides of the leaf. Under side is her way to breathe and transpire water out. So I am interested in seeing if the problem is on both sides

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Can I get a picture of both sides of the leaf. Under side is her way to breathe and transpire water out. So I am interested in seeing if the problem is on both sides

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Thanks for the message. There is one of the leaves. Iv noticed a few others starting to turn as well

420-magazine-mobile821776762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1252300529.jpg

Is this the only leaf like this? And new growth or older growth. I honestly don't think you have any problems sometimes we think it's something but it isn't

Also whats your feeding ppm and schedule for feeds. I am in early bloom on these i dont check ppm but i know from past experience that it's around 1100-1300 ppm.

Ok cool i was thinking that but I said i would get it checked out. Iv only done a few grows in the past here and there in years in between so I'm not used to seeing the different colours and reactions. To be honest I haven't feed them yet. I got them from a friend last week and they have only had a watering (yesterday). Iv ordered the nutes listed on the first post so they should be arriving tomorrow.

The growth is old they are some of the larger leaves at the top. There is no issue with the lower newer growths as far as I can see anyway. I'll keep an eye on them

Also whats your feeding ppm and schedule for feeds. I am in early bloom on these i dont check ppm but i know from past experience that it's around 1100-1300 ppm.

Have you got a blue cheese in flowering ? Just checking out your journal now

I just finished a blue cheese from barney's farm. What breeder are you using. Bc that makes a huge difference

My friend bought them from a UK supplier called gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk

Do you always get your seeds from barney's ? I'm looking for new strains for my next grow. Need something indica dominant due to height. You would think a 2m high tent would be enough...

Iv just taken some of the lower side branches off so hopefully it will focus on some nice big buds on top. They have stretched a good bit so I'm not sure how much more room I will have have once they start flowering.

How much taller would they normally get once in 12/12 ?

After a closer look at the top sets of leaves today everything is going back to normal. The curling seems to have stopped and no more yellowing.

Thinking of flipping them in the next day or two before they grow out past the lights ha

Back
Top Bottom