Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

Hope your early harvest works out for you!

I'd like to share an experience with you regarding RH. My area is really dry. RH outside is 20-30% usually and that drops between 10-20% when the air is heated from outside temp to inside temp. My seedlings were in an environment around 10% with lights on in solo cups. As they grew, RH gradually went up. Plants transpiring, more coco/water, more leaf mass... The RH in my area will climb to the 90s with my window closed and hover around 60 with a cracked window. Your RH reading is real. The only options are:
Get a dehumidifier
Exchange more air from your room
Risk it

Just out of curiosity, if you put your hygrometer in the room that hosts the closet, what does it read? I'm guessing 60ish? Also, keep your exhaust on 24/7 (not off with lights) and move lots of air inside.

Moving forward, maybe run a single plant or two in coco. Run the others in soil. It's my experience that soil plants don't cycle nearly as much water. It should help. Looking great!

Hope your early harvest works out for you!

I'd like to share an experience with you regarding RH. My area is really dry. RH outside is 20-30% usually and that drops between 10-20% when the air is heated from outside temp to inside temp. My seedlings were in an environment around 10% with lights on in solo cups. As they grew, RH gradually went up. Plants transpiring, more coco/water, more leaf mass... The RH in my area will climb to the 90s with my window closed and hover around 60 with a cracked window. Your RH reading is real. The only options are:
Get a dehumidifier
Exchange more air from your room
Risk it

Just out of curiosity, if you put your hygrometer in the room that hosts the closet, what does it read? I'm guessing 60ish? Also, keep your exhaust on 24/7 (not off with lights) and move lots of air inside.

Moving forward, maybe run a single plant or two in coco. Run the others in soil. It's my experience that soil plants don't cycle nearly as much water. It should help. Looking great!

It's looking good so far. I think I'll make some bubble hash or wax since it didn't fully developed the crystals and I'm assuming it will taste funky .

Thanks for sharing Sptiz, that actually helps a lot. My head has been wrecked trying to work out humidity.

Your right on the money. Since the issues with high humidity iv actually purchased a dehumidifier and a new temperature controller which turns on during the dark period to clear excess humidity, it turns on for 5 min at full speed every 1 hour. I also have a 14' osculating fan on 24hrs. My humidity during lights on is averaging 55% and lights off it's around 35% - 40%. The dehumidifier is running 24hrs and fills about 2.5ltr in around 18hours.

I was thinking about going with a IWS flood and drain on my next run using coco. Have you any experience with hydro ? Will that cause another rise in humidity ? I might be on the hunt for another dehumidifier .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dude I'm also running a strong dehumidifier here. The weather is getting warmer so the heaters aren't as much on as before and because of that the humidity rises a lot. The dehumidifier is on 24/7 and only stops when it goes below the set RH.

Yeah I think I could have some issues with the hotter weather. Like today it was 17C outside. With lights off and dehumidifier running the heat was at 24 -27C. If I leave the dehumidifier off during lights off the humidity goes up to 99%.

Catch 22 .

Looking for any help with this one guys. Also have a post in the FAQ.

I have a Blue Cheese from Barneys which I noticed the other say the centre of the top fan leaves were turning yellow from the centre out. I think it looks like heat burn but I have a northern lights in the same position at the same height and that's fine no colouring or problems. My brother is doing 2 Blue Cheese both from Barneys. We started flowering them at nearly the same time. He had the exact same problem which started on his about 2 weeks ago. There should only be 2 weeks left on this strain so I'm worried its going to affect yield.

Their under a 600w HPS air cooled reflector. The heat in the room is 27 - 28 C with lights on and humidity is around 40% - 50%.

Current feed schedule is 5L per plant in 18L pots. Feed , Water , Feed every 3 days in or around.

AN Bloom A / B 4ml/L
B52 2ml/L
Big Bud 2ml/L
Carboload 2ml/L
Sensizym 2ml/L

Here are some photos from inside and outside the room

420-magazine-mobile332559388.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1234388740.jpg

420-magazine-mobile844379088.jpg

Is your plant still drinking a lot? Do you water to runoff every time you water? How much runoff? I'd think about water only from here on out anyway. My best plants look great 3 weeks before harvest and pretty darn rough when I cut them.

Yeah she is still very thirsty. Well id water feed water every 3 days or so. I usually get about 10% run off from the blue cheese. I get a little less from the Northern lights. Whats water to runoff ? Sorry now I should probably know this hah. Yeah I think I'll cut back on the nutes and flush them in the next day or two an go from there. The buds on the blue cheese are pretty small in comparison to the rest. Very frosty but never bulked up. My brothers look the very same and he's a week behind mine in flowering.

If you water to 10% runoff, she may just be a little hungry at a water/water/feed rotation. The fact she is drinking is a great sign she is still doing what you want her to do. Tough to tell under HPS but the photos you posted on the 8th make those girls look 2-3 weeks out from today. Your call, but I wouldn't change a thing for another week (possibly two) and then go straight PH adjusted water. I wouldn't sweat that leaf too hard and I wouldn't do anything crazy. They look great!

If you water to 10% runoff, she may just be a little hungry at a water/water/feed rotation. The fact she is drinking is a great sign she is still doing what you want her to do. Tough to tell under HPS but the photos you posted on the 8th make those girls look 2-3 weeks out from today. Your call, but I wouldn't change a thing for another week (possibly two) and then go straight PH adjusted water. I wouldn't sweat that leaf too hard and I wouldn't do anything crazy. They look great!

Thanks Spitz. Appreciate the advice. I will increase the water intake, so you think I should stop the feed completely now or give it another week ? Going by the AN schedule they should be starting the overdrive this week and next and then a flush with final finish. But saying that they have their schedule set to make a profit .

Yeah they definitely look ready. I'm considering taking the Northern lights out next week as she'll be on her 7th week, I'd say she is about 30% amber. The white widow isn't far behind but it's only going amber on the smaller side buds. Swiss cheese seems to be only starting to fill out so I might leave her in another week. I'm going to inspect again this evening with some white light so I will get some pictures later to show you how the ladies are doing .

Just a quick update on the White Widow early harvest.

After drying for 4 days in 22C and 55% I stuck them in a jar for curing. Burping once a day they seem to be coming along nicely.

420-magazine-mobile1016880970.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1690787431.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1348345933.jpg

420-magazine-mobile255686637.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1746834259.jpg

Final dry weight minus the sticks 55.55g

Just shy 2 oz. Can't complaint since she never finished bulking out. I'm now expecting a nice bit to come off the remaining White Widow. The remaining one has always been the bigger stronger plant so I can't wait to see how she goes.

Smoke report: A little rough on the throat. I never got a chance to flush this one so that would probably explain it. The stone creeps up after about 20mins and it's a nice mellow head high. I would say it's a great day time smoke.

I also made an attempt at some BHO using the popcorn buds trim and stalks. I only bought an 8g extraction tube to see what it's like. Not sure how to upload videos so I took a screen shot of the purging.

420-magazine-mobile1223250257.jpg

It's still drying at the min so I'll hopefully get a dab in a day or two. I also bought a new oil rig for the first time. Exciting stuff . iv never dabbed before. It took me an hour to figure out how to fill it with water lol. I should have probably waited to test the white widow before playing with the new glass oil rig .

420-magazine-mobile1814996922.jpg

Update on the ladies. Starting week 7 on Thursday. Day 40.

I will need to find a better solution for taking photos. Very difficult to take decent photos as I cant adjust my white balance or use fluorescent settings. Anyway I managed to snap a few.

Blue Cheese

420-magazine-mobile1166781818.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1499092969.jpg

Swiss Cheese

420-magazine-mobile1465695604.jpg

420-magazine-mobile153818602.jpg

White Widow

420-magazine-mobile1889236668.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1449319306.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1129391681.jpg

Northern Lights

420-magazine-mobile477287731.jpg

420-magazine-mobile140034357.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1529287281.jpg

I reckon the Swiss Cheese, Northern Lights and White Widow will be finishing very soon within the next week. I have 2 weeks left on the AN nutrient calculator and their due to start on Overdrive for the last 2 weeks. I also need to flush . Iv heard the Overdrive really bulks up the buds so I don't want to miss out on that. On the other hand I don't want to over do it and get a shitty smoke

Yeah I think I could have some issues with the hotter weather. Like today it was 17C outside. With lights off and dehumidifier running the heat was at 24 -27C. If I leave the dehumidifier off during lights off the humidity goes up to 99%.

Catch 22 .

99%?! I run my tent in my bathroom and I can't reach that level, even without dehumidifier!
Btw I also have the same extractor in my bathroom, super happy with its noise level.

99%?! I run my tent in my bathroom and I can't reach that level, even without dehumidifier!
Btw I also have the same extractor in my bathroom, super happy with its noise level.

Yep. When I first started I didn't have a dehumidifier and it would go up to 99% with lights off and would sit around 60% with lights on. The thing that confused me though was that when I walked into the tent just as the lights were turning on the 2 hydrometers were reading 99% but I couldn't feel moisture in the air. I would have expected to see water dripping down the walls but everything was bone dry. Still don't understand it.

Yeah there fantastic. I watched a YouTube video of one being compared to other brands and it blew them out of the water. Completely silent with a good push of air. I have one now as an intake on 24hr and the RVK is hooked up to the temperature controller so the speed can be adjusted. Work great now I must say

Just tried a dab . full of flavour and very smooth...

I think I found my new way to get high ..

420-magazine-mobile1538732439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1660081538.jpg

Just tried a dab . full of flavour and very smooth...

I think I found my new way to get high ..

420-magazine-mobile1538732439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1660081538.jpg

Dude, nice rig. Nice crop! Dude.......

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Dude, nice rig. Nice crop! Dude.......

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Thanks man. Can't wait to do a smoke test on the ladies with my new rig . the Swiss cheese is looking the testiest so far.

How's your girls doing ? Going to check out and check up with your journal. I'm putting in an order or the IWS flood and drain next week for my next run. First time running hydro so it should be fun haha

Hey guys and girls .

So iv been busy busy busy the past week getting the Swiss cheese flushed and ordering new gear for the next run. IWS food and drain has juts arrived along with my new Bluelab Guardian and some more goodies. Will stick up a post of the new toys later.

Anyway back to the current. Update on the ladies. We are now in Week 8 Day 59. Getting close now .

I flushed the Swiss cheese on the 21st. The strain is supposed to have a 6 - 8 week harvest time. I would imagine mine will go the full 8 weeks even creep into week 9. By eyeing them up they look done but after checking out the trichomes at 40x they are still cloudy. No signs of amber so il wait to chop until I'm seeing at least 80%. I like a couch lock effects and something to aid with sleep. I find 80% to be just right for me.

Flushing the Swiss was a bit of a nightmare as I don't have a res setup so I was literally filling up 5L bottles. You can imagine it took quite a few bottles lol. It ended up taking 70L total and even at that the water was still coming with a slight yellow tint. I was at about 40L into it and noticed the water still wasn't clear so I gave her more but it didn't come out any clearer. I gave up after 14 bottles (70L) haha

Here are some updated pics...

Swiss Cheese - very orangey hairs and it's so frosty. It looks wet and clump it's got so many crystals building up. This is the one I can't wait to smoke. It looks delicious almost like Cheese. I love Cheese

420-magazine-mobile2094231202.jpg

420-magazine-mobile82642400.jpg

420-magazine-mobile981180484.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1884475482.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1259118312.jpg

Northern lights - these ladies are massive I can't wait to see what comes off them. Some of the buds are really filling out but the rest look airy and hairy. I'm hoping it packs up some bulk soon. I was watching a video on YouTube of a guy going NL, he said he was going to chop at week 8 but after checking the trichomes he wanted to wait another week. It wasn't till that last week his ready started bulk up. So here's to hoping .

420-magazine-mobile748772622.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1901948941.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1929078442.jpg

420-magazine-mobile503587816.jpg

Blue Cheese - this lady is a good bit behind the rest. It has a harvest time of 8 - 9. It was the slowest to start developing buds and its hairs haven't been started to turn yet. Could go 10 weeks .Iv also noticed a lot of fox tailing. Is this is good or bad thing ? Haven't noticed it before.

420-magazine-mobile2087180167.jpg

420-magazine-mobile387211810.jpg

White widow - big buds but I don't think it's that frosty compared to the others. The buds have defiantly swelled up but the crystals are just not there. Hopefully another week and she will start to cover herself up

420-magazine-mobile421339154.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1880583328.jpg

Some of the trichomes. Snipped a few little leaves to check them out. I see one or two little brown guys sitting there bit the rest look cloudy.

Love my little scope .

420-magazine-mobile1890056420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile928526716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile468619636.jpg

420-magazine-mobile669215301.jpg

420-magazine-mobile896994747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2080928902.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2116036603.jpg

420-magazine-mobile913637872.jpg

Back
Top Bottom