Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

Good to have you along oleskool. Two weeks into blooming so we should be seeing some icy buds soon :cheesygrinsmiley:

Quick update.

The Northern lights have bounced back .

It was touch and go for a few days but both ladies are booming. They must have really took to their last feed.

420-magazine-mobile1319583553.jpg

420-magazine-mobile56263056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi dauzer! Good looking plants & setup!

On my previous grow I was alternating watering and feeding every time. I didn't pay attention to the time between them and it went fine! But I guess that with organic nutrients you could feed at every watering.

Hi dauzer! Good looking plants & setup!

On my previous grow I was alternating watering and feeding every time. I didn't pay attention to the time between them and it went fine! But I guess that with organic nutrients you could feed at every watering.

Hey WW. Great to see you here.

With your last grow were you following a schedule ? I'm following the Advances Nutrient schedule, it says to feed every week but I think it's more so for a hydro or coco grow. I'm just using soil so will obviously need less feeds. I'm going to flush them next week with water and then try a feed after that.

Update: Day 13 of flowering.

420-magazine-mobile1670092713.jpg

They still seem to be stretching. I hope they stop soon or I'll need a larger tent. Lights are up as high as they can go but the ladies keep climbing.

What are the affects of heat stress ?? The tops of them are about 3'" from the light. The light is air cooled and I have a oscillating fan blowing over them but the leaves are spiking up on the sides and the tips and bent down. See photo

How many watts hid is it? I have a 1000 watt HPS air cooled sealed hood. I don't ever let them get closer than 12 inches I am to worried about heat killing trichomes. I definitely don't think 3 inches is enough room have you super cropped her can you bend the branches closer with string. But definitely be worried if you are above a 12 inch even on air cooled

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

How many watts hid is it? I have a 1000 watt HPS air cooled sealed hood. I don't ever let them get closer than 12 inches I am to worried about heat killing trichomes. I definitely don't think 3 inches is enough room have you super cropped her can you bend the branches closer with string. But definitely be worried if you are above a 12 inch even on air cooled

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

It's 600w sealed air cooled hood. I can touch the glass it's not too hot and there is no discomfort when I keep my hand under the light at the same as height as the plants but I know myself it's just too much for them.

I can't super crop much more, the two northern lights snapped while I was trying to bend them away from the light. I managed to super crop them all the other day, there was a good 10' between them and the light but the next day they shot back up again. The guy I got them from let them stretch in veg so there nearly 7ft tall at the in min and still going. They were flipped too late

I'll get another pic so you can see where they are

Hey WW. Great to see you here.

With your last grow were you following a schedule ? I'm following the Advances Nutrient schedule, it says to feed every week but I think it's more so for a hydro or coco grow. I'm just using soil so will obviously need less feeds. I'm going to flush them next week with water and then try a feed after that.

The best you can do is respect the schedule from the nutrient brand! Don't hesitate to email them to get more info. If they don't answer and help you then just switch brand next time.

I don't have experience with HID but on your next grow you'll have to top your girls and do some LST! It's actually crazy how tall they grew in 14L pots!
It looks like you have quite some room in your tent right? What you could do is move your lamps further away from your plants and give them an angle. That way they'll be pointing at your plants but they will be further away. It won't be optimal and you might have to rotate your pots everyday but at least you won't kill your plants.

Maybe it sounds stupid I don't know :)

The best you can do is respect the schedule from the nutrient brand! Don't hesitate to email them to get more info. If they don't answer and help you then just switch brand next time.

I don't have experience with HID but on your next grow you'll have to top your girls and do some LST! It's actually crazy how tall they grew in 14L pots!
It looks like you have quite some room in your tent right? What you could do is move your lamps further away from your plants and give them an angle. That way they'll be pointing at your plants but they will be further away. It won't be optimal and you might have to rotate your pots everyday but at least you won't kill your plants.

Maybe it sounds stupid I don't know :)

Genius!! That will work. I have loads of space, more than I need (order the wrong tent)

I think I can push them up a small bit more though. If I remove the hangers and use heavy duty cable ties instead I can go up another 4' to 5'. After that if they stretch anymore the lights will be sideways .

Yeah 14l and they don't seem to be stopping. They were topped lol. I should have trained them as soon as I got them to mine I just never imagined they would go up another 2ft. The 2 largest are the northern lights. If you look closely at the pic you'll see their actually spread across the two trays one on either side. Monsters!!

Good thinking man. I was onto them before about their nutrient line and they replied within about 40mins with a mountain of info so I'll hit them up now. They don't seem to be showing any signs of over feeding but then again it could affect the end result.

This sounds absolutely insane but i have a friend who cut the bottom off there . tents so he could make his plants lower by putting the tent up on cylinder blocks. But i refuse to cut my tent. Just giving you a idea if needed. Or go on ebay and get a taller tent

This sounds absolutely insane but i have a friend who cut the bottom off there . tents so he could make his plants lower by putting the tent up on cylinder blocks. But i refuse to cut my tent. Just giving you a idea if needed. Or go on ebay and get a taller tent

That wouldn't be a bad idea bignugz420, if I had a smaller tent that might actually work haha. I never would have thought about doing something like that. The tent I bought came with a second floor to protect the bottom so I could of cut a hole in the bottom then used the second floor when it was all finished.

My tent is fairly long though and I can walk inside it. I have a table for mixing nutes inside so it would be difficult if it was raised.

Thanks for the suggestion, this forum is great for the out of the box thinking .

That was my last one for height. Only thing you can do is try to use string to bend away from light and put into a location in tent away from your light

Genius!! That will work. I have loads of space, more than I need (order the wrong tent)

I think I can push them up a small bit more though. If I remove the hangers and use heavy duty cable ties instead I can go up another 4' to 5'. After that if they stretch anymore the lights will be sideways .

Yeah 14l and they don't seem to be stopping. They were topped lol. I should have trained them as soon as I got them to mine I just never imagined they would go up another 2ft. The 2 largest are the northern lights. If you look closely at the pic you'll see their actually spread across the two trays one on either side. Monsters!!

Good thinking man. I was onto them before about their nutrient line and they replied within about 40mins with a mountain of info so I'll hit them up now. They don't seem to be showing any signs of over feeding but then again it could affect the end result.

Good idea with the heavy duty cables! It's better to find solutions before having a real problem :)
I kinda thought they were topped but they looked so lanky and tall I started doubting. It seems that LED allows you to grow smaller plants but bulkier. The NL is indeed huge! I mean if that is your first grow you're sure as hell not doing anything wrong!
Too bad you got poles in the middle to support the ceiling of the tent because what you could have done is put the tent on its side so you get 2,4m height :p

If you get this much reactivity from the nutrient manufacturer then it's a keeper. I use Canna and they don't seem to care about their clients. It's frustrating because I feel like I'm just guessing most of the time. Besides I'm a lazy guy so I prefer to take shortcuts ;)

Keep up the good work and keep us updated

Success!!

420-magazine-mobile783882682.jpg

420-magazine-mobile621629481.jpg

There is a good 10' between them now. I'm praying the stretch is over otherwise I can see everything going on it's side .

Week 3 Day 2

Starting to fill out nicely. I managed to snap a quick pic outside of the tent. They just had their feed last night. Iv moved them onto the AN Big Bud and B-52. First time using them so I'm not sure if I'll noticed much difference.

420-magazine-mobile1433517914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1044444761.jpg

Im thinking of back building the buds. It needs to be done mid way through flowering so next week will be week 4. I read a great thread on the forum about it but I'm nervous as hell cutting the tips off my buds. What I might do is try half and half. The northern lights have 2 identical steams with similar looking bud sites so I could try with one and see if there is a difference.

Has anyone tried this ?

I did it and it went fine! Just be careful not to do it too early or too late. You have quite a big window so don't freak out too much. Looking at your picture I'd say that next week will be a bit early. Wait till you see some frost!

Back
Top Bottom