Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

Quick snap of the room been a while since I uploaded a full view. The girls are pretty tall. Thank the lord they stopped stretching that was a crazy two weeks .

420-magazine-mobile1612500836.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1340898763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So iv been just been checking out the ladies again this evening and I'm noticing a lot of fox tailing especially on the blue cheese. I'm still a noob to all this with only a couple of grows here and there so I'm a bit concerned as I have not seen this before.

Couple of questions about it anyone could help or chime in. Mainly what is fox tailing and why does it happen ?

Is this something I need to be concerned about ?

I got some dodgy picture so please bare with me .

The last one is hard to see but it's there. It seems to be happening to all the buds

420-magazine-mobile233544299.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1865738803.jpg

420-magazine-mobile656043064.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok so iv done a bit of research and it seems it might not be a bad thing after all. Well it depends on who is explaining it. Some say it's a sign of the bud maturing and that some growing won't harvest until they see fox tailing. They reckon it's genetics. Others say its cause by heat or light stress.

So after a little bit of investigating in the grow room I have decided it's not a stress issue. Fox tailing is appearing on some of the lower buds a fair distance from the light as well at the top buds. Heat doesn't go past 29C with lights on. My bother who is running the same strain ( I think him and my mate went spits on the seeds from Barney's) said his blue cheese is doing the very same thing. The strain is suppose to have 7 - 8 week but I don't see any amber trichomes. Confused!! .

I'm a noob with a lot of doubts. And I hit the rig hard so I'm a little fuzzy .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

What's the percentage of amber hairs? Are the trichomes cloudy?
The advertised flowering time are usually wrong and it's best to wait 1-2 weeks extra.

What's the percentage of amber hairs? Are the trichomes cloudy?
The advertised flowering time are usually wrong and it's best to wait 1-2 weeks extra.

For the past few weeks I've been checking the trichomes under a 40x scope inside the room. I was very pleased with myself as I could see all the trichomes. Mostly cloudy. Decided last night to check on them under the 200x scope I have hooked up to the laptop. They were 90% amber . Damn 40x!!! haha. So I'll be updating the journal shortly with last nights harvest . I only chopped the Swiss and one Northern lights, I want the rest to go a few days more after their flush.

Yeah your dead right WW, the Swiss went an extra 2 weeks and so did one of the Northern lights. I'll be taking the Blue cheese, White Widow and the last Northern lights down on Wednesday. Shit started pilling up the last 2 weeks with work and life in general so I was late flushing them. Hopeful there won't be a taste of hay/grass from the first NL as I didn't get to flush it. At least now I can compare the smoke between the two

Harvest the Swiss Cheese and Northern Lights #1

Week 9 Day 66

Northern lights didn't get flushed but after checking the trichomes last night it was near 100% amber so I didn't want to take any chances.

420-magazine-mobile1172210850.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1329656124.jpg

420-magazine-mobile934687854.jpg

420-magazine-mobile627178218.jpg

Wet weight .

420-magazine-mobile790845829.jpg

Overloaded the scales . Not a bad complaint

First batch:
420-magazine-mobile480910673.jpg

Second batch:
420-magazine-mobile1451601899.jpg

Total: 697g + I threw most of the popcorn buds in the freezer for Fresh Frozen rosin .

Swiss cheese got flushed on the 20/03 so I'm expecting a nice smoke. I love the orange colours that's come out on this strain.

420-magazine-mobile935011805.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1656512634.jpg

420-magazine-mobile373201738.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1801698853.jpg

Wet weight

420-magazine-mobile660186681.jpg

420-magazine-mobile814352498.jpg

Total 399g

4:00am still going strong .

420-magazine-mobile1289674233.jpg

And the good stuff .

420-magazine-mobile1081163288.jpg

For the past few weeks I've been checking the trichomes under a 40x scope inside the room. I was very pleased with myself as I could see all the trichomes. Mostly cloudy. Decided last night to check on them under the 200x scope I have hooked up to the laptop. They were 90% amber . Damn 40x!!! haha. So I'll be updating the journal shortly with last nights harvest . I only chopped the Swiss and one Northern lights, I want the rest to go a few days more after their flush.

Yeah your dead right WW, the Swiss went an extra 2 weeks and so did one of the Northern lights. I'll be taking the Blue cheese, White Widow and the last Northern lights down on Wednesday. Shit started pilling up the last 2 weeks with work and life in general so I was late flushing them. Hopeful there won't be a taste of hay/grass from the first NL as I didn't get to flush it. At least now I can compare the smoke between the two

Haha I feel you! I also checked my plant tonight and I got clear, cloudy and amber trichomes. Some strains just do what they like :p

Thanks for all the great pictures! That's a seriously good journal you're making! And congrats on the harvest!

Congrats!! That Swiss is pretty... hope she keeps those colors! Enjoy

Thanks Spitz, very happy now with the harvest. Can't wait to get a smoke. I just had a sneak peak and those girls are still looking orange . They have been drying since Sunday in 22c and around 55% hum so I reckon by will be ready for the jar tomorrow.

Haha I feel you! I also checked my plant tonight and I got clear, cloudy and amber trichomes. Some strains just do what they like :p

Thanks for all the great pictures! That's a seriously good journal you're making! And congrats on the harvest!

They do indeed. I'd like to get a mother going so at least I know what I'll be up against lol.

Thanks WW it was a great experience iv never done a journal before and I will definitely be sicking up a new one once this comes down. And thank you for all your help throughout the past few weeks it was great to have you along the journey .

Another harvest to follow soon .

Dauzer,
Amazing grow and journal. As a newbie i can use all the suport i can get and your journal is a helpful guide for me. Can't wait to hear the smoke report and see your next grow.
Gauge

Hey dude,

Glad your getting some helpful info, I know I did for sure. It's great having so many experienced and expert growers all in the one place. Any issues iv had I was able to get the answers or pointed in the right direction. I'm still a newbie by all means but I feel iv learned so much knowledge just by sharing and reading order journals. I'd be lost without the 420 community .

Quick update on my Fresh Frozen

So I stuck about 100g wet weight into the freezer from the trimmings and popcorn buds I got off the NL and SC, I left it over night and then put it through the bubble bags.

420-magazine-mobile1978061332.jpg

420-magazine-mobile327353807.jpg

420-magazine-mobile17550900.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1384511590.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1274069891.jpg

420-magazine-mobile114524688.jpg

I decided since some of the larger fan leave had a good bit of crystals I'd run them too. I was pleasantly surprised at how much came out. This was my first attempt at making hash so it got a bit messy haha but it's still a good yield. Especially since i was going to throw the fan leaves out

420-magazine-mobile628674377.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1497716247.jpg

It's all drying now in pizza boxes. As soon as the wet trim and fan leaves dry I'm going to try and make some RSO. Will stick up another update on the RSO oil and my next run in the bubble bags. Iv learned from a few mistakes this time around like using ICE cold water and not over filling the bags lol so hopefully I'll be pulling more out next time .

Hey D,
What week of flower did you start seeing Amber pistils?
I am seeing one or two now at the fifth week of flowerand i want to know if I burnt them or if it's about time.
Gauge

Yeah it's around the 5th week they start to turn. My white widows hairs went completely amber at week 7 or 8 but the trichomes didn't turn amber until week 9 and even now the white widow has 50/50 amber cloudy trichomes. You can pick up cheap scope on amazon to check them out. Here ones of the trichomes on the Swiss cheese at week 8 I think.

From what iv learned it's not the hairs you need to watch out for it's the trichomes and they can only be seen really through a scope

420-magazine-mobile1598109786.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1187322933.jpg

Here's a better picture Gauge, You can see the hairs are amber but the trichomes are clear

420-magazine-mobile1986250229.jpg

Re: Dauzers First Journal & First Tent Grow

Here's a better picture Gauge, You can see the hairs are amber but the trichomes are clear

420-magazine-mobile1986250229.jpg

Thanks D. Good to have a friend right in front of me. Again, great job.
Gauge

Back
Top Bottom