Dave Matthews Band

Dave Matthews Rules!

He's always talking about smoking Cannabis.

In his song Crush, he says, "Sitting smoking feeling high, and in this moment it feels so right" ;)

YouTube - Dave Matthews Band - Crush

Crazy how it feels tonight.
Crazy how you make it all alright love
Crush me with the things you do
And I do for you anything too
Sitting smoking feeling high
And in this moment it feels so right

Lovely lady
I am at your feet
God I want you so badly
And I wonder this
Could tomorrow be
So wondrous as you there sleeping
Let's go drive 'till morning comes
And watch the sunrise to fill our souls up
Drink some wine 'till we get drunk

It's crazy I'm thinking
Just knowing that the world is round
And here I'm dancing on the ground
Am I right side up or upside down
And is this real or am I dreaming

Lovely lady
Let me drink you please
I won't spill a drop, no, I promise you
Lying under this spell you cast on me
With each moment
The more I want you
Come on you know you crush me
Baby

It's crazy I'm thinking
Just knowing that the world is round
And here I'm dancing on the ground
Is this real or am I dreaming

Lovely lady
I will treat you sweetly
I adore you
I mean you crush me
And it's times like these
When my faith I feel
And I know just how I love you
Come on, go ahead and crush me
Baby

It's crazy I'm thinking
just as long as you're around
And here I'll be dancing on the ground
To each other we'll be facing
By love,
By love
We'll beat back the pain we've found
You know
I mean to tell you all the things I've been thinking deep inside
My head
with each moment the more I love you
Come on go ahead and crush me
Baby

So much you have given oh
That I would give you back again and again
Oh you know that I
Mean when I hold you
But please please just let me
Always...

Maybe someone else could check for other 420 related video clips from Dave? There are plenty in his live performances, he talks about it all of the time.

He has a song that I like. Think it's called Gravedigger. Death, rain, and shallow graves. Something something. Don't really care for the way the singer sounds but the lyrics are poetry - more than makes up for it.

He has a song that I like. Think it's called Gravedigger. Death, rain, and shallow graves. Something something. Don't really care for the way the singer sounds but the lyrics are poetry - more than makes up for it.

Yeah, his voice is different but, it works so well w/the music!

Dave Matthews Rules!
He's always talking about smoking Cannabis.
Maybe someone else could check for other 420 related video clips from Dave? There are plenty in his live performances, he talks about it all of the time.

LMAO... here is a great clip... just for you boss!
(Dave)... someone is smoking some stinky herb in here tonight... smells like some old fashioned herb! Not that super duper freaky stuff... this is some good old fashioned herb... the kind you smell at a baseball game... Dave Matthews!

YouTube - Shake Me Like A Monkey DMB Dave Talks about Weed 9/19/2009

I freakin love this guy... An exert from Rolling Stone Mag... date unknown:
From Rolling Stone:
Dave Matthews
Musician

If you look at the generations that came before, I don't think youth have become more wild. Maybe they're more armed now, but young people have always been adventurous. We say that our young people shouldn't be using drugs, so we give them a little speech about how they'll become worse people, we give them some sort of minimalist education, and then we punish them for experimenting. We don't fix the problem - all we do is increase the problem. It turns the slight, adventurous recklessness of youth into criminal behavior. It's like we're manufacturing criminals. Whoever came up with the idea of restricting financial aid for drug offenses? He needs to be in prison.

At this point - and I don't want to be too cynical - the financial gain from building prisons has become what keeps the Drug War going. It's the one thing in America right now that I just find offensive. And in this climate, there's no limit to how violated our rights to privacy can be. When you live in a country that has insane laws like America's drug laws, then it is hard to argue for our privacy rights and our civil rights, because with the laws the way they are, we don't have any rights. I mean, if I get caught with a bag of pot, then, "You're going downtown, baby" - what kind of madness is that? If we're in an environment where that sort of crazy behavior is tolerated, test the mailman and see if he's been smoking pot on the weekend, or make the kid who's walking your dog take a urine test to make sure he's not high while he's watching Bingo poop on the lawn.

If the Drug War was halted tomorrow morning, the drug use in this country would not change a bit. The only thing that would change is that people would stop getting their heads blown off in the street trying to get their smack on the corner. There are so many arguments for stopping the Drug War and very few for keeping it going. It's just a distraction from real problems in the world. You know, hunger and bad education fall to the wayside when you have to deal with this imaginary plague that's destroying our country.

Great finds brother! :cheer:

:Namaste:... Here is some more DMB w/references, point blank to MJ:

Jimi Thing In The Park

YouTube - ‪DMB ~ Jimi Thing In The Park (Part 1)‬‏

Lately I've been feeling low
A remedy is what I'm seeking
Take a taste of what's mellow
Come away to something better
What I want is what I've not got
But what I need is all around me
Reach and search and never stop
And I'll say...

If you could keep me floating just for a while
'Til I get to the end of this tunnel called... Jimi
I'll get back to you

Sometimes a Jimi Thing
slides my way keep me swingin'
I'd like to show you what's inside
I shouldn't care if you do or don't like it*
Brother chaos rules all about
Sometimes I walk there
Yes, God knows, Sometimes, I take a bus there
I shouldn't care I shouldn't care bereaved as
I'm feeling

Day is gone I'm on my back
Staring up at the ceiling
I take a drink sit back relax
Smoke my mind makes me feel
Better for a small time
What I want is what I've not got
And What I need is all around me
Reach and search and never stop
And I'll say

Til' I get to the end of this tunnel called... jimi/Mommy* (jimi,mommy,jimi)
I'll get back to you

What will become of me when I'm all ..
When spilling out...when spilling out
So why, so well...wondering...ahyhhh....(Dave freestyle)

DMB and Tim Reynolds... When The World Ends:
"Oh when the world ends We’ll be burning one" DM
:adore:

YouTube - ‪Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - When The World Ends ( Live at Radio City Music Hall ) High Definition‬‏

Ah When the world ends
Collect your things, you’re comin with me
When the world ends
You, tuckle up yourself with me
Watch it as the stars disappear to nothing
The day the world is over oohh
We’ll be lyin in bed...

I’ma rock you like a baby when the cities fall
We will rise as the buildings crumble
Float there and watch it all
Amidst the burnin, we’ll be churnin
You know love will be our wings
The passion rises up from the ashes
When the world ends

When the world ends
You’re gonna come with me
We’re gonna be crazy like a river bends
We’re gonna float through the crisscross of the mountains
Watch them fade to nothing
When the world ends
You know...that’s what’s happening now
I’m gon' be there with you somehow, oh..oh

I'ma tie you up like a baby in a carriage car
Your legs don’t work cause you want me so
You just lie spread to the wall
The love you got is surely
All the love that I would ever need
I’ma take you by my side and love you tall
‘Til the world ends

Oh
But don't you worry bout a thing
No
Cause I got you here with me
Mmmm don't you worry bout aaa....
Just you and me floatin’ through the empty, empty
Just you and me
Oh, graces
Oh, grace

Ah, when the world ends
We’ll be burnin’ one
When the world ends
We’ll be sweet makin’ love

Oh you know when the world ends
I’m gonna take you aside and say
Lets watch it fade away, fade away
When the worlds done, ours just begun
Its done, ours just begin

We’re gon' dive into the emptiness
We'll be swimmin
I’m gon' walk you through the pathless roads
I’m gon' take you to the top of the mountain that’s no longer there
I’m gonna take you to bed and love you, I swear
Like the end is near
I’m gon' take you up to...
I’m gon' take it down on you
I’m gon' hold you like an angel .. angel
I’m gon' love you [2x]
When the world ends
I’m gon' hold you
When the world is over, we’ll just be begin...

Going to see DMB at the Gorge in Washington this year. The Roots are playing as well, so excited! I love DMB when I'm flyin high. Personal fav song would probably have to be Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds farm aid "Crush," or anything from "Under The Table and Dreaming" such as "Jimmy Thing."

Has Dave ever publicly come out and said he tokes ganj?

Going to see DMB at the Gorge in Washington this year. The Roots are playing as well, so excited! I love DMB when I'm flyin high. Personal fav song would probably have to be Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds farm aid "Crush," or anything from "Under The Table and Dreaming" such as "Jimmy Thing."

Has Dave ever publicly come out and said he tokes ganj?

I still don't know if he was serious here or not... LOL

Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Dave Matthews Quits Pot to Fight Global Warming

Seattle resident and world-famous Grammy-winning musician Dave Matthews announced Tuesday from his Seattle home that he would be kicking off a major new initiative in his personal fight against global warming.

"It's no secret that I occasionally enjoy some leisure activities that may not be totally legal in most states," the rocker said. "However, today I am announcing that I am officially giving up pot, for the good of our Mother Earth."

He explained that the drastic measure came about after he discovered that his heavy, nearly non-stop pot-smoking habit was a major contributor to greenhouse gases.

"When I realized that by smoking pot, I was putting, like, five tons of carbon dioxide into our atmosphere every year, I totally realized that I had to do something," he said. [Editor's note: 5 tons of CO2 emission in a year is roughly equivalent to smoking 217,000 marijuana cigarettes. Daily.]

While Matthews expects the symptoms of withdrawal from his constant carcinogenic companion to be "soul-crushingly excruciating," he says he is prepared to endure it for the good of the planet and his hometown, Seattle, Washington.

In order to fill the near-infinite psychological void certain to be left by the lack of pervasive cannabis infusions, Matthews has explored a number of earth-friendly substitutes. Heroin was ruled out, because hypodermic needles are not recyclable. LSD was also determined to be unacceptable due to the release of gasses during production. Although he has not settled on a final solution, Matthews says he is currently leaning toward crack cocaine as the most environmentally-friendly psychoactive alternative.

Matthews assured fans that this transition would not have any detrimental effects on his upcoming tour. When asked about the degree to which marijuana has been instrumental in his prolific song-writing , Matthews responded by motioning toward his gut, as he said that "it's not a problem, I think, because my music comes from in here, where it's all good."

Dave Matthews lives in Seattle and has been awarded two Grammys for his work as the singer-songwriter behind the Dave Matthews Band.

Back
Top Bottom