DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH & HPS

Re: DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH and HPS

Thanks, PG.

Question. Was thinking to mix soil and coir and also use coir separately as a test. Seems safe from the little have read, am I right?

Seems I also massively undetermined achieved with too few watering.... every other day I was told y'day, and I was waiting til top 2 inches were dry, oops. Oh well, this time is going to be an improvement. Shame though :)

Re: DaveyBoy's Second Grow - Casey Jones - Organic - Soil - DR80 - 400W MH and HPS

I wouldn't call your harvest an underachievement, but massively endowed with trichs; the good stuff.
Makes me want to hire Casey Jones for a ride :)

Any proportion coir with any other media will likely work, it's inert. And abundantly absorbant. A smaller container of it will serve as well or better than larger of whatever else.
Try this: fill two plastic drinking cups: one with wet coir, the other with soiless mix or dirt. Drench and drain both, and weigh each. Now let them both dry completely, and weigh again. The missing weight was water that was available to the plant. I won't say more now about expected results, except that they will be worthy of your time ;)

I see no benefit in allowing any porous medium to dry out at all, but neither much harm.
Evolution by Mother Nature, and she can be a Bitch.
Cannabis aced the course :yummy:

Thanks mate.

Since the first grow I've had a horrible fear of rotting the roots. (I know you responded to this point before, just re-iterating) Combined with me reading to let the top couple of inches be dry before watering I was watering every 5 days instead of (I am now told) every other day... I was rather upset, but am over it now and very keen to see what I can produce with a proper feeding schedule :lol:

Grrrrrrrr......... just lost a huge post thanks to getting jumped on.

Suffice to say am happy, and have big plans for these Casey and Tangerine Dream (Cannabis Cup Winner 2010, (G13 X Neville's A5 Haze) X G13 and Emerald Jack (Jack Herer X Emerald OG)

Will clone them once I have them into flower (Props to Green for teaching me that) so I can keep them on... assuming I like once I smoke.

Nice to be able to start planning what meds I want, too, rather being at the mercy of scamming gits. Still it's pushed me into taking care of my wife's and my needs, so I should thank them.

Ok, 5 days to moving.

DR100 now looking rather cramped again.

I'm going to leave three to the sun, the Emerald and Tangerine plus two Casey will flower and keep one as a Bonsai mother. Aim to take some cuttings off the Emerald and Tangerine too.

Been looking at cold frames and was thinking of LSTing a couple of plants and seeing how the season takes them... will ponder on that for a while.

Boxes all around and many more to fill, better get to it!

Moved, but typically cocked up telecon means no net.

New home not ideal for grow but will manage.

Had problem with lights and subsequently plants went dark 2 days. Saw male flowers on one tonight. Not happy with her genetics anyway so will chop her down.

Some plants have been showing pistils, even before the move, which suggest tent was not light proof.

Garage so full of stuff due to move and downsize that is hard to enter, but also hides things from prying eyes.

Have multi-gym installed and had first workout in a loooong time last night. Again tomorrow. Then Friday and start over.

Also now to study an hour a night, have to be more focussed :)

Giving two girls to the sun, one to the shredder and the rest to go into flower tomorrow.

Congrats on you for near-completion of another move. If I move again, it'll be my last.

Naughty girls who drop balls produce only for the completely desperate :)

Pistals pop from dark, not light. Full moon light doesn't ruin outdoor grows.
Too many growers get kinky over pinholes in their tent.
Giving two girls to the sun, one to the shredder and the rest to go into flower tomorrow.
Triage is good ;)

Update - two Casey in DR100 with re-potted Emerald Jack and Tangerine Dream. Have left them on veg so they can root a bit more. Will switch Sunday as going away a few days.. thinking sun and return wed, flood 'em and pray :)

Have moved 5 outside, herm plant and 4 others. aim to use the sun to veg them up for next grow.

Want to make a small drying box and clone box too, want to clone the RD and EJ.

Need to get some pics but am still trying to get tidy. Soon :)

If you don't cut that transgender mess now, you'll have a short harvest of seeded bud. Pollenated with piss-poor genetics. If you had absolutely nothing at all going on, then you might consider growing out some hermaphrodite thingy, but as you do have worthy plants: Kill it! Don't blame yourself for inflicting stress, and you'll never do it again, and let it live: Kill it.

Plan was to leave the five to veg, then put 4 in tent and leave herm to the sun and see what happened.

Will be nowhere near my girls though.

Chop it anyway? Was just thinking to learn and watch more in a different environment :)

Thanks, mate.

You know it by the balls or the yellow anthers(bananas) which shed pollen.
Likely same growth stage as worthy plants. There are some demonstrations that cost more than they're worth. Normal risk from unknown neighbors's pollenators in the wind are enough to chance. Think of your adolescent plants as daughters. Goofy-assed inseminators hanging around? Oh, hell no!
Plenty of photos of hermies on this site, to view safely.

I wouldn't call your harvest an underachievement, but massively endowed with trichs; the good stuff.
Makes me want to hire Casey Jones for a ride :)

Any proportion coir with any other media will likely work, it's inert. And abundantly absorbant. A smaller container of it will serve as well or better than larger of whatever else.
Try this: fill two plastic drinking cups: one with wet coir, the other with soiless mix or dirt. Drench and drain both, and weigh each. Now let them both dry completely, and weigh again. The missing weight was water that was available to the plant. I won't say more now about expected results, except that they will be worthy of your time ;)

Ok, I get ya now.

As it holds water so well what's the benefit of every day watering?

what's the benefit of every day watering?
Fresh solution flushes out the old with new. 15% recommended runoff daily.
The waste with WTW(water to waste) is less than changing a sizable res regularly. One can even run higher concentrations without fear of build-up.
If your pump fails or you just can't get home, the jumbo capacity of coir will cover your butt for a couple days but... the growth then may be a bit off.

The runoff is still pretty good stuff, and is eaten voraciously by tomatoes, flowers, ect in your garden.

Casey Jones supercrop

IMAG3455.jpg

Emerald Jack

IMAG3456.jpg

Casey Jones LST

IMAG3457.jpg

Tangerine Dream

IMAG3459.jpg

Soooo.... day 10 since flipped to 12/12 and all looking good.

Another garage grow but have run an aircon pipe with a small intake to the back door where the air is fresh.

Girls all look happy. Taking time next week to build a clone nursery, DR80 is too big to hide and OTT just for clones. Will use 1 x 125w cfl and some mdf. Thinking to use intake to pull air through it.

Will take the clones at the weekend, Emerald Jack, TD and Casey.

Back
Top Bottom