Davinci Ascent after 2 years

Clancy

Hi,

I thought I'd share my experience with the Davinci Ascent vaporizer. This is not a review of which Vape is best, just a description of what I've learned about the Davinci since I bought it.

I had no idea of the quality or usefulness of the Davinci when I bought it--just walked into a head shop and told the guy I wanted a very good vaporizer---told him I was fed up with the el cheapos pens that never seemed to work anyway. I paid $250.. and was kind of shocked at the price but I had read enough to know by this time that with vapes, cheap is not a good idea.

Here's my main feelings about the Davinci. Just things you'll have to deal with if you buy one.

1. The time it takes gets annoying. It takes a long time to vape a bowl. I like to use about the same amount in a fat joint. I stuff the bowl very full and pack it down well. But, it takes a lot of time--like 45 minutes of sitting down with the vape to finish it. I use it in my bathroom with the fan on, so I sit on a chair and vape. It's not like smoking a joint where you're done in like 5-10 minutes. If you say, want to vape before a movie you've agreed to watch with someone, you'll have to manage your time to get the vaping done in time for your flick or whatever else you've got going on.

2. Don't listen to the stories about vapes not smelling. Davinci stinks too. No, when they are brand new they don't. But after using them for a month or so, they stink. The smell does seem to go away faster than smoke but your equipment still smells if it's out in the open.

3. The glass tubes that channel the vape are a nice touch but, man oh man, the lower tube breaks really easily. They are very difficult to clean properly because the tar gets stuck in the corners of the bottom tube. Everyone breaks them trying to clean them out with a paperclip or whatever. You're supposed to clean them regularly so if you clean them every time you vape they probably stay a lot cleaner. Pain in the ass to keep up with that though. I end up ordering 2-3 replacement tubes at a time. One tube usually lasts about a month before it breaks. The tar that gathers on the bottom of the glass tube probably holds in the temps making the glass more prone too cracking. Be very careful; they love to crack.

4. I'd love a USB charger. The battery is good for maybe 3 hours....I never timed it but seems right. Maybe 2 hours. But best would be a USB charger.

5. Best way to use it: You can put as little as you want or as much as will fit. One thing I do is vape for 10-15 minutes or so and then open it up and push all the product back down tight again...it'll have risen to the very top--with lots of air spaces between the plant matter. Kind of puffs up. Just push it down tight with he supplied tool or a pencil eraser or whatever. When you do that you'll notice thicker vape again. The temp controls on the Davinci are useful I guess ...seems to be a lot of ability to adjust temps. I don't have much to say about temps because on my davinci I just set it to the highest temp all the time.

6. At the start you'll get 5-6 nice draws with plenty of visible vapour. After a while the vapour diminishes but keep vaping because you cannot always see vapour.

5. People always ask: how long do you keep vaping the product? How do you know when the vaping is finished? I'd say keep vaping until the product looks like a dark brown powder. I thinks it's pretty well depleted at that point.

The overall quality of the Davinci Ascent I think is excellent. I am hard on things and it has held up to my carelessness really well.

Davinci is Top of The Line . One day, I was getting ready to travel to the states and thought I'd buy a new vape, something maybe better, and brand new to take across the border. The new head shop I've been going to has a very knowledgeable salesman. I told him I already had the Davinci he basically told me, "there's nothing I could sell you that's better than the Davinci; You've got the top of the line already." I though that was something considering he could easily have sold me another brand.

If your new to vaping in general it takes some time to get accustomed to the fact that there's really not a whole lot of those "thick clouds of vapour" people imagine. With the Davinci, at first you'll see good vapour but within a quarter of an hour it's just a very thin vapour and sometimes you won't be able to see it. It's still there though.

Best of luck with your vaping. :)

Back
Top Bottom