Dawn's First Grow! White Widow x Big Bud Auto in FFHF 2021

DawnAngel7

Hello, and welcome to my journal! This will be my first attempt to take a seed all the way to harvest, and any and all help/advice is most welcome.

Unfortunately, this will be a very low budget grow, as finances are tight way the moment, however I do plan on upgrading and getting better equipment later down the line.

What strain is it? White Widow x Big Bud Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, Indica Dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 2 x 2 corner of my closet
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal Fabric Pot
Size of light? 60 Watt Full Spectrum "Blurple" for now
Is it aircooled? 6" Desk Fan
Temp of Room/cab? 68* - 72*
RH of Room/cab? 52% - 58%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Every 2 - 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet, will be using OC+

The seed was placed in a damp paper towel on 4/27, tap root showed on 4/28
It was then planted in it's final home on 4/30 (had to wait for pot to be delivered) and popped above the soil on 5/1

Posting on my Kindle Fire, so will post pics when I can get to my computer. Thanks for stopping by!

(Edited for typos)

Hello, and welcome to my journal! This will be my first attempt to take a seed all the way to harvest, and any and all help/advice is most welcome.

Unfortunately, this will be a very low budget grow, as finances are tight way the moment, however I do plan on upgrading and getting better equipment later down the line.

What strain is it? White Widow x Big Bud Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, India Dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 2 x 2 corner of my closet
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal Fabric Pot
Size of light? 60 Watt Full Spectrum "Blurple" for now
Is it aircooled? 6" Desk Fan
Temp of Room/cab? 68* - 72*
RH of Room/cab? 52% - 58%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Every 2 - 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet, will be using OC+

The seed as later in a damp paper towel on 4/27, tap root showed on 4/28
It was then planted in it's final home on 4/30 (had to wait for pot to be delivered) and popped above the soil on 5/1

Posting on my Kindle Fire, so will post pics when I can get to my computer. Thanks for stopping by!
Welcome and you will find all the help you need here from some very knowledgeable and experienced growers(I'm not one of em). With their help my 1st attempt was a success. Good luck and happy growing

Thanks again, Mdlroad!

And I've read that guide a few times lol. I've actually been a lurker on the forums off and on since 2013. Some of the first journals I read were by old greats like Doc Bud, OldMedMan, Big Irish Doode, Light Addict, and I wanna say GoldGoose777(?) been a while) Actually formally joined 420Mag in 2017, followed along on New City Grower/BAR and sweet sue for a little bit and then life blew up in my face lol.

I'm glad to be back and look forward to being an actual member of this amazing community. :green_heart:

Alright, a couple of questions for those with much more experience than me.

First, what are the three top grow lights you'd recommend that can be bought on Amazon for $100 or less? This is because I received a $75 gift card from my mum for my birthday yesterday, and the light is the first item I'd like to upgrade.

Second, because I'd like to eventually get into photos, what is the best tent brand you'd recommend for someone on a low budget? I'd like a 4x4, but a 3x3 or even a 2x4 would be acceptable.

Thank you for taking time to read this, as any and all advice is welcome!

Oh, one last question! What are some good seed banks to or from that to the US? I've noticed that several I used to browse around no longer ship here, due to either the Rona or Brexit. :(

I'm not all that hopeful of a reply, but... can anyone tell me why my signature doesn't keep the full url to my journal? I've tried it 5 times, and it always defaults to 420Magazine.com

I've typed out what I want the sig to say, copied the url from my journal, highlighted the line in my sig and clicked the add link icon, and it still just goes to 420Magazine.com

Alright, a couple of questions for those with much more experience than me.

First, what are the three top grow lights you'd recommend that can be bought on Amazon for $100 or less? This is because I received a $75 gift card from my mum for my birthday yesterday, and the light is the first item I'd like to upgrade.

Second, because I'd like to eventually get into photos, what is the best tent brand you'd recommend for someone on a low budget? I'd like a 4x4, but a 3x3 or even a 2x4 would be acceptable.

Thank you for taking time to read this, as any and all advice is welcome!

Oh, one last question! What are some good seed banks to or from that to the US? I've noticed that several I used to browse around no longer ship here, due to either the Rona or Brexit. :(
I am currently using an AC Infinity 4x4 tent which was $129, and a spider farmer led 450 watt light that was 529.
The smaller spiderfarmer sf1000 light is pretty cheap, you might even be able to find an sf1000d which was their older model for like 75 dollars online. For a 4x4 that light will not be big enough, but 2 of them might be good for a 3x3.
I know its tough when you have a budget, but in my experience everything I have done for my grow that I cheaped out on and tried to save some money I suffered in the long run. What helps me justify the cost is I pull up my receipts from the medical dispensary and add up how much money I was paying per month just to avoid taking zoloft for the rest of my life.

I had some issues when I upgraded mine, I went from a 100watt to a 450 watt and had the light too close. My ladies went from happy to sad in 2 days and they're finally getting used to the light after I dimmed it down and raised it a little more.

Okay, a little update. I meant to post last Friday, but wasn't feeling very motivated.

Ordered a new light online and it was delivered on and set up on Tuesday. The following morning, I checked on my girl and her two oldest leaves were definitely burnt, so I tried to give her more distance from the light by removing the box her tray was sitting on so she'd be on the floor. Checking back in on her shortly after noon, and she was still too close, as some of the newer leaves were also showing light burn. There isn't a whole lot of vertical space available, but I raised the light a couple inches higher by placing it above the wire shelf instead hanging below it. So far this seems to be working but I'm worried that as she grows taller, I'll run into the same issue. That wouldn't be good, because I cannot raise the light much higher than it is now... maybe another 3 inches. As it stands, the light is 30 inches above the top of the plant, and she is bent nice and low with some lst.

5/14 14 Days old
PXL_20210514_160528137.jpg

PXL_20210514_160535846.jpg

5/21 21 Day old
PXL_20210522_200836480.jpg

PXL_20210522_200855723.jpg

A closer look at the burn
PXL_20210522_200845541.jpg

Soooo... it's been a minute since the last update. Like, two weeks worth! So figured it was past time. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of her last week, so pics from this week will have to do.

6/11 42 Days Old
PXL_20210611_131556338.jpg

PXL_20210611_131903988.jpg

PXL_20210611_131533439.jpg

She's looking pretty good, I think. As she's supposed to be an auto, I expected her to start flowering before now. In fact, I was hoping she'd start sooner, as this grow is on a time crunch, but nothing but a few pistils to show sex. So, this morning she woke up from her 3rd night of 12 hours of darkness. Hoping to maybe jumpstart her into flowering lol. We'll wait and see if that works. At least she hasn't been showing anymore burn on the newer growth, so I think I've got that light far enough away, and hopefully she's used to it now so as she grows there won't be more.

Thanks for stopping by for a look.
Stay green, and keep growing!

Soooo... it's been a minute since the last update. Like, two weeks worth! So figured it was past time. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of her last week, so pics from this week will have to do.

6/11 42 Days Old
PXL_20210611_131556338.jpg

PXL_20210611_131903988.jpg

PXL_20210611_131533439.jpg

She's looking pretty good, I think. As she's supposed to be an auto, I expected her to start flowering before now. In fact, I was hoping she'd start sooner, as this grow is on a time crunch, but nothing but a few pistils to show sex. So, this morning she woke up from her 3rd night of 12 hours of darkness. Hoping to maybe jumpstart her into flowering lol. We'll wait and see if that works. At least she hasn't been showing anymore burn on the newer growth, so I think I've got that light far enough away, and hopefully she's used to it now so as she grows there won't be more.

Thanks for stopping by for a look.
Stay green, and keep growing!
When autos start to flower they need more light not less. Plus topping lst and defoliating will slow down flowering in autos

Back
Top Bottom