Day 1 of flowering - is this the first 12/12 day?

bubbleboy

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have. This is a pretty basic question that I have been wondering about for some time.

I'm a new grower, but I have always wondered about the true definition of the first day of flowering. I ask this because I see a lot of duscussion on how long strains take to fully flower before harvest (i.e. 7-8 weeks), but I have always wondered when day 1 actually is (when the flowering clock starts that is).

I started my 12/12 cycle about 48 days ago when my plants didnt show any signs of which sex they were ... since then they have pre-flowered and are now nice and fat with buds, but I wonder if I have been truely 'flowering' for 48 days or is it shorter because the pistols and flowers came a week or so post change to the 12/12 lighting change?

I ask this because even though I have read threads to look at the trics for clear/cloudy/amberness for 'doneness', I was hoping to zero in on the true answer to the 'I have been flowering xx days' questions as to anticipate the true window of when to expect harvest time.

Thanks again!

flowering starts when you switch the lighting schedule.. to 12 on/12 off

so you were right :)

Back
Top Bottom