Day 2 LST does it look ok? I’m on day 17 veg

spamshq

1F3000FC-599E-462D-8B96-EE761D83EBFC.jpeg

The lower fan leaf is leaning on sid of pot to get out of soil
9E274982-C9EE-4EA7-B512-3B3204EB9FA6.jpeg

1F3000FC-599E-462D-8B96-EE761D83EBFC.jpeg

The lower fan leaf is leaning on sid of pot to get out of soil
9E274982-C9EE-4EA7-B512-3B3204EB9FA6.jpeg
Cute girl my friend. You might want to give her a few more days before you crank her over. If the leaves touch the soil they will rot. You still have time don't force her to your schedule follow hers. Happy growing :peace:

Cute girl my friend. You might want to give her a few more days before you crank her over. If the leaves touch the soil they will rot. You still have time don't force her to your schedule follow hers. Happy growing :peace:
As it’s a been a couple days tied over will be ok to undo it and leave it because it’s getting used to this new shape. I can lift the leaves away from soil with some tucking and have been able to do that

@spamshq You are on the right path.

1st, your lady looks a little unhappy. Her leaves are more curled down then held out to catch light. This is making me think she is overwatered? She is not limp like she is dry, so I assume over watered.

2nd, when you do tie her over, you do not want to tie off to any leaves. Be sure your anchor points are on the stalk(s). Leaves can bend and give more than the stalk.

3rd, once you tie her off, you will want to leave her anchored in place until closer to harvest. She will do her best to correct herself if she gets untied.

You are off to a great start. Back off the watering until she lifts her leaves again. I am am outdoor grower going indoors. My instinct tells me to water every day. Our drip system water's everyday outside. Well...I go and soak her soil with molasses and she responds. She responds by dropping her leaves to point to the soil and say "hey, my feet are wet". I back off from my nurturing instincts and let the soil be for 2 days. She responds by lifting her leaves to the lights.

Growers allow their plants to wilt a touch due to underwatering. This tells them where the plant is happiest. Somewhere between soaked roots and wilting from lack of water.

Let me grab the sites link by Emilya on watering plants. Brb...

As it’s a been a couple days tied over will be ok to undo it and leave it because it’s getting used to this new shape. I can lift the leaves away from soil with some tucking and have been able to do that
As long as her leaves can open and face the light and they don't touch soil you can leave her. If she has already started to take that shape you can just let her go. :thumb:

Defiantly back off on the water/feeding until she tells you she is thirsty I’ve learned that from some great members here. You may think you are doing harm by not watering everyday but you are actually helping her by giving her time to drink in between. Dry cycles are very important and I believe the leaves touching the soil are indicators that you are over watering not tying down to far. If you are looking for a good read I’d suggest to read @Emilya thread about watering a plant. Good luck with your grow

Defiantly back off on the water/feeding until she tells you she is thirsty I’ve learned that from some great members here. You may think you are doing harm by not watering everyday but you are actually helping her by giving her time to drink in between. Dry cycles are very important and I believe the leaves touching the soil are indicators that you are over watering not tying down to far. If you are looking for a good read I’d suggest to read @Emilya thread about watering a plant. Good luck with your grow
Thanks, Ive definitely learned that the hard way, I took this photo straight after watering still learning of course. The pot was bone dry just before

As long as her leaves can open and face the light and they don't touch soil you can leave her. If she has already started to take that shape you can just let her go. :thumb:
She is just starting to take shape. I undid the wire yesterday and the leaves faced the wrong way so I think ill leave it to take its new shape. just worried it will stunt growth

@spamshq You are on the right path.

1st, your lady looks a little unhappy. Her leaves are more curled down then held out to catch light. This is making me think she is overwatered? She is not limp like she is dry, so I assume over watered.

2nd, when you do tie her over, you do not want to tie off to any leaves. Be sure your anchor points are on the stalk(s). Leaves can bend and give more than the stalk.

3rd, once you tie her off, you will want to leave her anchored in place until closer to harvest. She will do her best to correct herself if she gets untied.

You are off to a great start. Back off the watering until she lifts her leaves again. I am am outdoor grower going indoors. My instinct tells me to water every day. Our drip system water's everyday outside. Well...I go and soak her soil with molasses and she responds. She responds by dropping her leaves to point to the soil and say "hey, my feet are wet". I back off from my nurturing instincts and let the soil be for 2 days. She responds by lifting her leaves to the lights.

Growers allow their plants to wilt a touch due to underwatering. This tells them where the plant is happiest. Somewhere between soaked roots and wilting from lack of water.

Let me grab the sites link by Emilya on watering plants. Brb...
Thanks for the advice. So do you suggest leaving it tied. Moving the tie to a branch. When its tied to a branch how can I make sure the leaves don't cover all the sites I want to grow out? tucking?

Thanks for the advice. So do you suggest leaving it tied. Moving the tie to a branch. When its tied to a branch how can I make sure the leaves don't cover all the sites I want to grow out? tucking?
It's not for everyone , but I remove under 4th node because it never amounts to more than popcorn and makes for for ease of training and great air circulation. Just keep bending, tucking and tying down to expose bud sites to max light.
This is what works for me, but I grow autos and never more than 4 plants at a time.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Start Lst.jpg

DSCN2808 (2).JPG

DSCN2815 (3).JPG

DSCN3061 (3).JPG

It's not for everyone , but I remove under 4th node because it never amounts to more than popcorn and makes for for ease of training and great air circulation. Just keep bending, tucking and tying down to expose bud sites to max light.
This is what works for me, but I grow autos and never more than 4 plants at a time.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Start Lst.jpg

DSCN2808 (2).JPG

DSCN2815 (3).JPG

DSCN3061 (3).JPG
This turns out to be an auto aswell. Considered topping but it’s my first auto. Have topped photos. And I’m a bit cautious

This turns out to be an auto aswell. Considered topping but it’s my first auto. Have topped photos. And I’m a bit cautious
If its an auto i wouldn't top her I don't grow autos but I do know some people have stunted them by topping. Imo not worth the risk. :peace:

I only top my autos if I'm gonna mainline. But that's once in a blue moon. I get more yield with lst.

DSCN1239 (3).JPG

Back
Top Bottom