Day 58 of flower: mites/Help

df65

Last night I noticed white spots on some leaves of two of twelve plants (Blue Dream), checked the plants pretty closely and found nothing unusual, thought maybe it was caused from flushing the girls. This morning there are webs on around the top of one of the girls. I separated the two that I see with issues. It's close enough to harvest that I don't no what to do. I hate the idea of trashing these girls.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chop'em, dry'em, and smoke'em, before they really spread. Then clean,clean,clean. Then get some Forbid and/or Avid and nuke the little bastards.

My thoughts were the same. I'm new at this, is there a way I can eliminate them from the plant after I hack them?

Trim as much veg matter off as possible, burn that shit! After dried carefully examine your bud, anything affected by mites I'd throw into the hash bucket. I'd also treat every 5 days your next grow with a foliar spray until budding is started, hang a hotshot pest strip for a week or two in veg. I'd also pick up some Sns 209, it's systemic, so you feed your plants and make them undesirable to pests. I use all techniques I mentioned and have no adverse effects. Just try to do everything in veg so u don't effect your buds. Good luck

I had read somewhere that rinsing the plant off in the shower would get rid of them. Indoor plants, so they might not be to big to manage. Any thoughts? I've come too far at this point to just trash them.

THANK YOU TO ALL for the information, and suggestions!!! This is my first grow (of many, I hope), and this site, and it's members have been of great help !

For my next run, i'll do exactly that. I have a pretty good idea how, and when they got infested. I was sooo very careful thru the entire cycle, except for one lapse. That was all it took. At this point only two show any signs, and need to try to salvage those.

As far as washing the plants, would you hang them back into the flower room with the lights on for a night, or in the dark?

What do you use for prevention on a regular basis?

I'd leave them in the room with lights on after washing. Use a little silica if you don't already, this will strengthen your leaves n make it harder for pest to bite into, I spray with any organic pest control from liquid lady bug, sns 217, but I've found at garden supply stores they have the same stuff just different brand for way cheaper. I'm currently using "all seasons" they make sprays and systemic and seem to work just dandy. With all season spray it cost about $1 a gallon using the minerals oil concentrate and my plants love it too. Good luck_ hope I answered any question you had, feel free to ask away

marzbadrock, you've been a huge help, THANK YOU. You mentioned silica, I assume you talking about spreading that over the soil? My thought was to cut the plants, and then wash them. Would you suggest something different?

I flushed these plants 7 days ago, and was going to harvest this weekend. At this point they are ripe enough to harvest. Seeing those little buggers this morning really caught me off guard. I think? if I hold them upside down in the shower, that should wash them out of the plants pretty good. Hang them upside down, with the all FANS ON HIGH (that = pretty good ventilation), and the lights on (for a heat source). They should be pretty dry by morning, without any mold, I hope.

instructions say CAN BE APPLIED THE DAY OF HARVEST ... end of story.

You're gunna have to do better than that..... SHOW ME where it says that it can be applied same day as harvest. Everything on the label say warning, avoid inhalation, avoid ingesting, avoid eye contact......

Link to label.....https://www.generalhydroponics.com/

Edit: Also, show me where it says anything about applying it to a smokable product. I'm sorry if I come off as abrasive but these poisons are not something to take lightly.

Back
Top Bottom