Daydrimin's FIRST GROW - Indoor - Skunk - 2009

gnome grown was confirming that the plant you asked about is a male. The male flower clusters are often called "balls".

I was suggesting that you separate the male from the females immediately, because it looks like he's is releasing, or about to release his pollen.

Oh, and I said your ladies are looking great ;).

Sure, sun just that *gnome grown* has answered a question posted 50 days ago ;) Basically that doesn't mater ! The most important is the will to be of use! Thank you guys both ! Good Luck!

Hello, fellas.

It will not take 3 weeks until harvest and that's pretty obvious after the test smoke. The potency was quite close to normal and the high was social and uplifting.

Untitled-126.jpg

I've started a water only procedure and as far as I know it should last about 2 weeks. All vital signs will be checked daily and the decision will came "on the flight". The temps dropped to 68 F and humidity leveled up, maybe that's why, Glorya a kinda started to form something like a very very tiny cobweb between the one or two of the single buds incorporating the massive body of the main bud. I spotted it yesterday while putting them to sleep imedeatlely I've divided several single buds around and pointed oscillating fan to that area.

C ya soon, guys and any experience shared about that are welcomed ;)

Can you take a pic of the cobweb?

It's probably spider mites.

Do you have any pest control products?

Nice cone BTW!

Hi, sun. Actually the cobweb was the closest possible adjective in order to explain what I've saw back. After a brief check I found that for the Skunk strain it is usual to be susceptible to MOLD ! I did not take any pictures since I was in a hurry to open manually the surrounding incorporating buds. Obviously it was not so much so it just disappeared after the procedure ;) Though I found a 100% similar view here (International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums - View Single Post - Mold on recently chopped bud? Now what? - can be used for reference)

About the so called pest control I've saved to the audience a little experience of some invaders I've being spotted on the soil of my clone Dolly since she was only a four live plant ;) It was really difficult to orientate myself but finally I pinpointed their exact species and as other guys said that they only exist as Commensal with MJ in the soil and I've spared their lives :adore:. With the temperature falling down today I saw them migrated between the pot and the water container below :goodjob:

... what would you say he smoke test is like? sweet tasting?

:rollit:

Actually, fuuji0019 it was a bit unpleasant as you know as it is fresh, though the "high" was a high class social uplifting and munchy at some point ... i guess so since it was also pretty head out at the same time :rollit:

Guys, hello! I am allowing my self to re-post this

Thanks, brother !

Actually I thought that some of you guys can drop a suggestion (sure it is only one leaf at x 30 magnification but yet it is fairly representative) since this is the first time for me to see a trich in progress at all ;)

IMHO it is 50/50 clear/milky with still a bit of clear ones in majority and really rare occurrence of the amber heads. What I can say for sure is that those so called "hairs" are driving in the fast lane compare to the milky/amber ratio suggesting that sticking with its evaluation will drive me on right place at the right time.

And what I am considering of top priority now is the evaluation of necessity of dehumidifier for the next act, since my test drying of one of the lower buds of Odorya like last forever (> 5 days until smokable) and thats only a baby bud. Any inputs are most welcomed.

@Tunes420 thanks for +Rep and both @Tunes420 & @fuuji0019, thanks fellas for the positive view, the ladies will not need a fert tonight they'll just love and absorb the good vibes :smokin:

since the natural flow of the journal was catted down accidentally but I am really here now.

Untitled-125.jpg

I am following this guy's post and I am finding it more than a brilliant ;)

imo the mold is far worse surely setting sun... As it means theres a ventilation problem + the loss off buds, and modly weed isnt good weed and shouldnt be smoked surely.

Has much been affected daydrimin? Thoughts are with ya!

:peace:

Thanks, fuuji0019 for your presence. I totally agree that one should smoke nothing but quality healthy pot made with love, care and understanding ;) Fortunately, after severe inspection the results are negative. Hope all will stay that way since I've started only water procedure which means that I have more or less about 2 weeks until harvest. At that time the top issue will be choosing the perfect condition for drying as obviated by this small incident. I am thinking of dehumidifier with more and more convince.

Take care, bro and once more thank you very much for your presence :peace:

sounds good bro, you had me worried with the spider web comment because that usually means mites.

that article is by Racefan from grow support, and Racefan knows his stuff.

Hi, sun. No worries today, everything seems to be normal just a regular trich check routine. And gotta say those Racefan article has no spare words, very very good compilation ;) No wander the guy is from grow support :cheer:

Hello, guys. I've harvested the plants. The trich thing was not so perfect since I am lacking experience or just a good magnifying glass or maybe the tree of them along with the humid season and the damn mold which stroke down Clоуdya.

Untitled-310.jpg

Untitled-213.jpg

Untitled-128.jpg

P1080361.jpg

This is the hole bunch the night before the harvest.

Untitled-214.jpg

The harvest itself was pretty smooth like a process. Skunk really gives very high flower to leaves ratio. I've separated the stems leaves and kept the flowers of Cloudya and Glorya in separate paper bag and Skinny and Odorya as usual shared a common bag ;)

Untitled-311.jpg

The root system and the stem were in a perfect condition - comfortably spanning along the soil and fully matured tick stem.

P1080412.jpg

P1080411.jpg

P1080387.jpg

P1080385.jpg

The rough weight estimate by hand holding the paper bags full with fresh buds was really astonishing I've never expected such a mammoth quantity.

Glorya

P1080397.jpg

Untitled-129.jpg

P1080398.jpg

P1080405.jpg

P1080403.jpg

That's all for now, latter after several days I'll finish drying/curing and will report about the outcome by means of weight and smoking experience.

As final words I want to say that the smell of all bud of Glorya comin out of her bag is a kinda moldy :( Although I thoroughly excised the visible moldy buds. Any suggestions what can be done ? I mean I don't intent to smoke it by all means, what I want to know is there some chance about turning it into some kinda oil or butter ?!? Anyone ?
It's a pity that the mold sucked up my flagman plant's biggest bud. Now the buds at the time of drying are really "light" compare to the other plants buds. Definitely the entire Cloudya was devastated.

Thank you all guys, especially all my love goes to fuji, ss, southern and everyone who came by at my first attempt.

Andy, (I really sympathize this character from Weeds, maybe coz it looks so familiar all the time ;) - guess why ?) you can proceed to finalizing the journal after the weighting the cured outcome and smoko rept.

Good Luck to you All !

Nice harvest brother!

you've done great for your first grow!

I've experienced other difficulties but not mold, so maybe someone else can suggest how to deal with the moldy buds. For now, I would just try to dry them as fast as possible by just hanging them up or laying them on top of some cardboard. Keeping them in a bag, even a paper bag, will delay drying and promote more mold.

Nice job and thread!

+rep if I can!

Back
Top Bottom