Dazed, confused and lost

merimc9

I have grown before but it has been quite a while and have never grown OG Kush. I started with a clone because it was easier than ordering seeds and i was already waiting on seeds to come in. What i am lost on is how long does it take a clone to be ready for harvest.

Indicas average a little over 8 weeks of bloom and Sativas up to 10 or 11 weeks. If it's outdoors, that means end of October to late November in the N Hemisphere. Indoors, you control when it blooms by turning the light back. Veg period indoors depends on a lot of variables like strain, grow method, light wattage, size limits of your space, your ability, and sometimes the grass gods! Welcome.

Indicas average a little over 8 weeks of bloom and Sativas up to 10 or 11 weeks. If it's outdoors, that means end of October to late November in the N Hemisphere. Indoors, you control when it blooms by turning the light back. Veg period indoors depends on a lot of variables like strain, grow method, light wattage, size limits of your space, your ability, and sometimes the grass gods! Welcome.
They were in a grow tent but they outgrew the tent and i had to move them outside to finish. They have been outside since they started flowering. And I have been reading about the Trichomes and they are just starting so think i am in good shape with that one. Now that i know what to look for when harvesting.

They were in a grow tent but they outgrew the tent and i had to move them outside to finish. They have been outside since they started flowering. And I have been reading about the Trichomes and they are just starting so think i am in good shape with that one. Now that i know what to look for when harvesting.
If you are in the N Hemisphere, and they are photoperiod, they will go back into veg if they are outdoors.

If you are in the N Hemisphere, and they are photoperiod, they will go back into veg if they are outdoors.
yes northern hemisphere and it is photoperiod and since moving them outside they have grown another 6 to 8 inches and are just beginning to bud. I also have 3 that i started outside and they are Blueberry Headband. Also photoperiod. Started from seed and they are about a foot tall already and it is about week 3 they will be a month old on the 11th of July.

yes northern hemisphere and it is photoperiod and since moving them outside they have grown another 6 to 8 inches and are just beginning to bud. I also have 3 that i started outside and they are Blueberry Headband. Also photoperiod. Started from seed and they are about a foot tall already and it is about week 3 they will be a month old on the 11th of July.
They won't flower until late August outdoors, and will finish November 1st, give or take a couple of weeks. Feed them accordingly.

They won't flower until late August outdoors, and will finish November 1st, give or take a couple of weeks. Feed them accordingly.
That is if we can ever get rid of the rain the way it has been for the last 2 months we have had so much flooding here it is unreal, bring the plants in take them out bring them in.

That is if we can ever get rid of the rain the way it has been for the last 2 months we have had so much flooding here it is unreal, bring the plants in take them out bring them in.
Rain here, too. Been here in Montana since '92, and this is the wettest ever. My neighbor has not even irrigated his fields yet. That's the latest he can remember and he's almost 60. But it is a pretty green everywhere, and no fires yet.

I have grown before but it has been quite a while and have never grown OG Kush. I started with a clone because it was easier than ordering seeds and i was already waiting on seeds to come in. What i am lost on is how long does it take a clone to be ready for harvest.

Hey @merimc9 ... I use these values as timeline guidelines:

*** Photoperiod Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 2-8 weeks veg, 6-12 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Pistels show up after flipping to 12/12

*** Autoflower Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks pre-flower, 3-6 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Pistels show up about 35 days (5 weeks) after Germination
*** Flowering takes about 56 days (8 weeks) after Pistels show up

Good luck with your next grow!

Thank you for the information it will definitely come in handy. My first ones were clones however and I think they take a little less time, but i am not certain about that.

Back
Top Bottom