DB’s Peppermint Kush Grow Journal, Soil, 2018

Maliy66

420 Member
Whatsup guys,

New myself to this forum, recently registered. Found one of the journals here

for Peppermint Kush when bought same seeds for myself and decided to join the community))

What strain is it? ................. Peppermint Kush from Barney’s Farm
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?...... Indica
What percentages?......... 90%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?....... Veg
If in Veg... For how long?........ 31 days
Indoor or outdoor?..... Indoor, Grow-tent- 1.6*3*5.
Soil or Hydro?..... Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?.......... Happy Frog from FoxFarm
If soil... What size pot?..... 3 gallon pots
Size of light?...300W LED MEIZHI
Is it aircooled?......... Fan and filter 4 inch+ 4" fan inside on low mode
Temp of Room/cab?.......... 21-23 Celsius
RH of Room/cab?......... 40-60%
PH of media or res?.......6-7
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow 7-4-10, adding twice with nutritions and once pure water, from week 3.
How often are you watering?.......... 2-3 times a week. Each time I see it’s dry and measuring device says so

So I planted first one on May 14th and second on May 16th. 1 picture- may 15.

They were under natural sunlight first 4 days till May 18 when I bought the lights:. 2 picture may 18.

Then I received growbox with fan, carbon filter, timer, ph meter all other stuff on may 24 and finally was set up. Didn’t take pictures for a while.

Here are the pictures from yesterday, June 15th, 1 month after planted. All was good until I noticed bottom leaves go down, feels like top leaves are covering the light. Photos attached.

So today I’m at the end of week 5 and will start updating you guys on my situation.

Decided to start my Journal so you’re welcome to follow and help me during my journey:)

I would really appreciate all your advices, maybe I need to improve something.

Thanks,

DB

Welcome to our little virtual village:welcome:

You have taken the first step to being addicted to growing and buying more seeds than you could grow in a lifetime......

This forum is full of people who like to help...they thrive on it really.....and they like to show off their growing prowess.

Just put a link in your signature for your grow, and bounce around reading other journals. Ask questions and just be sociable..... you will find in no time you are just another face in the group.

Hope to see you here.....

Welcome to our little virtual village:welcome:

You have taken the first step to being addicted to growing and buying more seeds than you could grow in a lifetime......

This forum is full of people who like to help...they thrive on it really.....and they like to show off their growing prowess.

Just put a link in your signature for your grow, and bounce around reading other journals. Ask questions and just be sociable..... you will find in no time you are just another face in the group.

Hope to see you here.....
Truth.
I like what I see. Got some peppermint kush beans im real itching to get em in but Ive got a list of autos to run first. I will quench my barneys jones with your journal :p

Welcome to 420!
Truth.
I like what I see. Got some peppermint kush beans im real itching to get em in but Ive got a list of autos to run first. I will quench my barneys jones with your journal :p

Thanks guys, appreciate your support!!

So I have some updates todays together with pics. I've installed this fan inside to blow wind on plants and been watering it actively. Just 10 mins ago i noticed these yellow spots on the leaves in 2 places. And when I switch off the light and turn on natural one the leaves look kinda dark like they have 2 much nitrogen in them.

Check out the pics,
Let me know what are your thoughts,

Thanks,

DB

The leaf curl is from a slight nitrogen excess.

The brown spots are from nutrient solution landing on the leaves. (splash burn).

Just water for a few feedings (water only), and continue on.

All of this is my opinion only.

The leaf curl is from a slight nitrogen excess.

The brown spots are from nutrient solution landing on the leaves. (splash burn).

Just water for a few feedings (water only), and continue on.

All of this is my opinion only.
Great answer bonsieweed.
Plants are really looking good.

Thanks guys, appreciate your support!!

So I have some updates todays together with pics. I've installed this fan inside to blow wind on plants and been watering it actively. Just 10 mins ago i noticed these yellow spots on the leaves in 2 places. And when I switch off the light and turn on natural one the leaves look kinda dark like they have 2 much nitrogen in them.

Check out the pics,
Let me know what are your thoughts,

Thanks,

DB

I have similar spots on my leaves! Check the bottom side of the leaf and see if it’s thinner in that spot. If so there may be a pest. I saw a white fly on my girls when I was pinning them down. Haven’t seen it since but they will steal nutrients from the leaves and leave spots.

What’s up guys!

Week 6 and more updates on my plants:

1) Decided to name them: Umbra- biggest. Fila & Lota smaller ones:cool:

Here is overall progress: Umbra Is a top gainer

2) Umbra Hight is 30Cm (12 inch)
Fila & Lota 15cm each (6 inch)
The lamp is 35 cm above Umbra and 5cm above F&L. Don’t want to burn U and want to give enough light to F&L.
AS well after checking other journals thinking if 1 300W light is enough (don’t thin so) and how much W to add then.
And what about lamp height? IVe seen in instructions 18 inch 45cm

3) Fila & Lota been 5 weeks now when Umbra 6. I would say I planted them 1 week after Umbra popped up so + 10 days (May25). I’ve read I have to TRANSPLANT them 2 weeks before flowers to final pot. And they need 1 gallon for 12’. My plant is 90 max 36 inch so I assume I need 5-6 Gallon pots for all of them? Currently I guess it’s 3... /not sure/
Definitely need to divide 2 into separate post, I don’t want root-bound. And one is at a side so I’m worrying if that already started.
Any thought on that?

4) New yellow spots on the Umbra’s leaves looks similar, but this week I’ve watered 3 times pure water and dunno if Iten reason is still Nut Splash.
Oh, and I added this improvised rope to straighten the guy up cuz he was bending to the side( looked like to the light)

Overall looks healthy to me not cocidering that. let me know your vision.

Thanks for all your support and comments, I value and appreciate all that,

Cheers.:thanks:

DB:ganjamon:

What’s up guys!

Week 6 and more updates on my plants:

1) Decided to name them: Umbra- biggest. Fila & Lota smaller ones:cool:

Here is overall progress: Umbra Is a top gainer

2) Umbra Hight is 30Cm (12 inch)
Fila & Lota 15cm each (6 inch)
The lamp is 35 cm above Umbra and 5cm above F&L. Don’t want to burn U and want to give enough light to F&L.
AS well after checking other journals thinking if 1 300W light is enough (don’t thin so) and how much W to add then.
And what about lamp height? IVe seen in instructions 18 inch 45cm

3) Fila & Lota been 5 weeks now when Umbra 6. I would say I planted them 1 week after Umbra popped up so + 10 days (May25). I’ve read I have to TRANSPLANT them 2 weeks before flowers to final pot. And they need 1 gallon for 12’. My plant is 90 max 36 inch so I assume I need 5-6 Gallon pots for all of them? Currently I guess it’s 3... /not sure/
Definitely need to divide 2 into separate post, I don’t want root-bound. And one is at a side so I’m worrying if that already started.
Any thought on that?

4) New yellow spots on the Umbra’s leaves looks similar, but this week I’ve watered 3 times pure water and dunno if Iten reason is still Nut Splash.
Oh, and I added this improvised rope to straighten the guy up cuz he was bending to the side( looked like to the light)

Overall looks healthy to me not cocidering that. let me know your vision.

Thanks for all your support and comments, I value and appreciate all that,

Cheers.:thanks:

DB:ganjamon:
Looking nice and healthy my friend. Like the rest of the guys have said. Pull back on the nutes a tiny bit and take care when feeding not to splash leaves. You're doing good try not to read too much into things (Im very guilty of this) if they're nice and green and still growing steadily then you're golden.

Just a thought...rather than worrying about getting the light too close to Umbra in an effort to get more light to the others....set the shorter ones on some kind of riser in order to raise the height of its canopy to be level with Umbras.

Hey Mally, you're doing great! What I can see is in line with what the others said. I'm having the same thing going on with some blueberry auto in michigan mix supersoil. Dark green and some clawing down some leaf tips. It's not desired at all but they are getting through it now after about 3 days of what I think was a slowing of forward growth. Welcome to the best grow family and kudos for getting your journal up!

What's up guys!

I’ve been off my plants for almost a week, watered them well before leaving and now back with some updates.
Here’s the fresh pic:

Umbra is going crazy:eek: 50cm /20inch
Fila and Lota not so good,
Fila-21cm/8 inch
Lota-18cm/7inch.
I know this all because I planted them together at first
Oh, by the way I transplanted all of them into 5gallon air pots for roots to grow Well.
Roots were white and healthy for all.
Umbra had easiest transplant.
Fila and lota already had root systems connected so we had to grab them with 2 hands and rip apart:confused::rolleyes:
Fila got more roots and Lota got least so i assume they are restoring roots now that’s why growth stopped, what’s your thoughts?
I will add some grow nutrients next watering to increase growth speed.

I noticed some white thingys coming out, are that those white female flowers ?:yahoo:

:nomo:

and one more umbra photo for the end.

Will appreciate all comments and thoughts,

Thanks,

DB

Back
Top Bottom