Db003's Mars II LED, Autoflowers In A Super Soil Mix Closet Grow Ver 2.0

hello everyone I just gave these seedlings a watering I gave them plain water ph. to 6.7 with citric acid crystals

all the seedlings are doing well so far but I am having a problem every time I water the seedlings they are falling over its the dam empire soil I used this time as the top have of the soil it does not drain as well as roots organic so when I water its uprooting my seedlings because its not draining fast enough and that's even after I added perlite to the soil I would hate to see how it would have been if I did not add any

next time I will try and stick to my go to soil roots organic or try something else I have never tried fox farm ocean forest but I heard its a but to hot for seedlings so I was thinking about happy frog or something like that I will have to look around

ok so that would make this day #11 and day #5

I checked on the seed I have germinating it has a tail but its just barley poking out so I will leave it for another day and see if its ready to plant tomorrow

0013483.JPG
0023363.JPG
0033211.JPG
0043000.JPG
0052789.JPG
0062469.JPG
0072296.JPG
0082071.JPG

Looking great db..I've been using ff ocean forest for a couple weeks and I will say it doesn't drain or dry evenly like roots organic original or others I've tried not even close...so far ff coco loco and roots organic seem to dry the best and evenly imo ocean forest prolongs the wet dry cycle our girl like

hello everyone I just gave these seedlings a watering I gave them plain water ph. to 6.7 with citric acid crystals

well I finally got the white train to sprout lets just hope it does well the plants are looking good so far I am going to keep this short I am having back pains again and it hurts to sit at my keyboard

025406.JPG
026376.JPG
027337.JPG
028341.JPG
029308.JPG
030281.JPG
031269.JPG
032245.JPG
033241.JPG
034222.JPG

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.7 with citric acid crystals

great news I installed a 4 stage water filter under my bathroom sink so now I can give my plants filtered water its not a R/O water system basically it just filters the water thought a sediment filter a few carbon filters and a carbon polishing filter

it will help get rid of the chlorine in the water and other stuff that's not desirable in the water without stripping everything out of the water and there is no water waste since there is no R/O water membrane that's the part that wastes all the water and if I want R/O I can always add it on to my system I have installed

so far so good it looks like I will have these plants slightly behind each other since some of them were sprouted late buts its fine its only like a week or two off so no big deal

4 of these plants are in day #17 from sprout one is in day #11 from sprout and the last one is in day #4 from sprout

0013489.JPG
0023368.JPG
0033216.JPG
0043004.JPG
0052792.JPG
0062471.JPG
0072298.JPG
0082073.JPG
water_filter3.jpg

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.7 with citric acid crystals

plants are just building roots in those big pots I forgot to take any pics of the grow but I did make a video

time for the second half of my canna cigar experiment! so I wanted to do a experiment and try and roll my own canna cigar just for fun and science!

I took some bud on 5-10-17 I harvested from my last grow and basically just took the bud and wrapped it around the chop stick. the bud still had a nice stickiness to it so it should work good and it has been curing like that since 5-10-17

its now 6-3-17 and I was removing some lower leaves from my plants and thought it was the perfect time to finish my second half of the canna cigar and took the biggest fan leaves and cut the biggest fingers off and put them in a container

I took a bunch of old wax containers I had that still had small amounts of wax in them and used the wax as a glue to hold the ends of the tips of the leaves to wrap around the bud that was curing on the chop stick and once it was all wrapped up

I carefully rewrapped the now leaf-wrapped canna cigar I did it slow so I could make sure not to overlap the strings when I was wrapping it back up I just wanted to make sure I got a good wrap on it lol

so its all wrapped up now I just have to wait a few more weeks until the leaves dry and cure and since I have the cigar in a mason jar it will do it nice and slow

026377.JPG
027338.JPG
030282.JPG
031270.JPG
034223.JPG
036197.JPG
040162.JPG
041162.JPG
042161.JPG

I mixed up another batch of super soil today! here is a list of what I used in my super soil mix this time.

batch was made with

18 lbs. of master organic worm castings
1.25 lbs. Bat Guano--------------------- (0-7-0)
1.25 lbs. Bone Meal-------------------- (3-16-0)
1.25 lbs. Blood Meal--------------------(12-0-0)
3 tbsp. Epsom Salt
1.5 tsp. Powdered Humic Acid
1/2 cups-kelp powder
1.5 cups Alfalfa Meal
1.5 cups Oyster Shell Flour
1.5 cups kelp meal
1.5 cups-Azomite
1/2 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi
1 cup Potash

this was mixed with 2x 1.5 cubic feet bags of Dr. earth pot of gold all purpose potting soil and about 1 cubic foot of Vigoro perlite but I might add some more perlite later and was hand mixed by me and a friend in a 55 gallon tote that I got from home depot once it was well mixed I added 2 and a half gallons of filtered water and mixed it up some more and put on my porch to chill until its ready

on a side note when I was adding my worm castings to the super soil mix I found quite a few small worms in the worm castings still alive in there when I was breaking up the bigger chunks to make sure it was mixed well not sure if there will stay alive being in that soil on the hot porch but if they do awesome

once it done "cooking" in about 45 to 60 days basically its just giving the soil time to break down the amendments so that plants can uptake the nutrients in the soil a bit easier

this mix will be used only at the bottom half of the pots and I will fill the rest of the pot with plain potting soil and plant my seed or clone in to that so it will have time to establish roots and not get nute burned

everything I used to make this super soil I got at home depot or eBay I got the super soil amendments premixed from eBay and I also got the worm castings from eBay everything else I got at home depot the soil, the perlite and the 55 gallon tote

0023371.JPG
0033220.JPG
0043007.JPG
0052798.JPG
0072300.JPG
0082075.JPG
0101686.JPG

time for the quick update of my canna cigar experiment!

so today I got a chance to see how my cigar is doing after I did the first layer of leaf wrapping on the canna cigar that I did yesterday and after only one day the leaves were starting to form really well on the cigar. so I decided to do the second warp of leaves and what I think will be the final wrap on the cigar well at least I hope so lol

this time when I wrapped the cigar with the leaf blades I made sure to have the leaves facing up just for looks and I also found out if you use fresh leaves. like I did you can carefully cut part of the vein off the back of the center of the leaf just make sure not to cut the leaf blade

you dont want any holes in the leaf blades it helped when it came time to use the wax as glue since it now had a flat surface so it could stick better and also kept the leaf blades from popping back up since the veins made the leaf blades more ridged

after it was done being wrapped with leaf blades for the second time I wrapped the sting around it to seal the leaves hopefully for the last time and will let it cure for a few weeks if I can wait that long lol

020584.JPG
021555.JPG
022489.JPG
0023373.JPG
023446.JPG
024408.JPG
027339.JPG
029309.JPG
031271.JPG

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.6 with citric acid crystals made sure not to get any run off

well today I got in the closet and took out all the plants and gave the 4 biggest ones a trim just a few of the bottom leaves that way it will be easier for me to water them now that there way in the back

that brings me to my second part I moved all the plants towards the back of the closet and turned on the mars 700 in the back and left the mars 400 in the middle turned on as well and turned off the one mars 700 in the front for now

so now I need to pick out the next 2 seeds I want to grow in this grow that I will be putting in the front when I turn the other mars 700 back on its going to be like there growing in stages but all under the same lights

as for the plants there all doing great I am a bit worried about the white train that was planted last it does look small but then again its only a week old and a few weeks behind the bigger ones lets just hope it hits its stride

the 4 in the back are in day #21 from sprout and the 2 in the middle are in day #15 and day #8 from sprout

0013495.JPG
0023374.JPG
0033222.JPG
0043009.JPG
0052800.JPG
0062473.JPG
0072301.JPG
0082076.JPG
0091863.JPG
0101687.JPG
0111485.JPG

well I just picked out some seeds to germinate for my closet grow this will be the last plants to be planted of this grow I was trying to have the plants planted a few weeks apart so they will be in stages and so far its working

the seeds I picked out are

1x Tangie'matic from fast buds its one of the newer strains and 1x Auto Colorado Cookies from Dutch passion I forgot a friend sent me that seed so what the hell I will try and get them to germinate

one of the seeds was a bit small and that some times worries me when it comes to autos since I want my autos to do the best they can from birth lol but its all good lets just hope it sprouts and does well

I just put the seeds I picked out yesterday that I put in filtered water to soak overnight and put them in in moist paper towels and zip lock baggies to continue germination until they get a nice tail and are ready to be planted

the seeds I picked out are

1x Tangie'matic from fast buds its one of the newer strains they have right now and 1x Auto Colorado Cookies from Dutch passion also kind of a newer strain I forgot that a good friend from Facebook "you know who you are and thanks by the way" sent me that seed so what the hell I will try and get them to germinate and grow those girls out

0013497.JPG
0043011.JPG

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.6 with citric acid crystals made sure not to get any run off if possible to avoid leaching the nutrients from the super soil

so I checked on the seeds I was germinating and they both had small root tails so I went ahead and planted them I used the last of the super soil I had and filled the rest of the 3 gallon fabric pot with empire builder potting soil and a lot of perlite mixed with it

I just planted the seeds normal nothing special I water my pot first and let it sit for a few minutes to settle and make a hole toss in some mycorrhizae if I got some this time I did and plant my seed and I put a clear plastic cup over the spot where I planted the seed just to help that spot from drying out to fast before the seed has time to sprout

I also went ahead and turned on the mars 700 in the front of the closet so now all the lights are up and running the 2x mars II 700's and the mars II 400 in the center

the way I have the closet set up now it is kind of like a auto sea of green but with a fewer plant count then most sea of green grows I am trying to make the most of the grow space since I was only using about half this grow space before because of how the light was set up I could only use the center of the closet but now the lights are spread out I can use more space

0013498.JPG
0033223.JPG
0043013.JPG
0062474.JPG
0072302.JPG
0091864.JPG

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.6 with citric acid crystals made sure not to get any run off if possible to avoid leaching the nutrients from the super soil

my seeds I planted a few days ago have sprouted so that's awesome so now I have all that plants I want for this grow all sprouted and growing

I did have some bad news it looks like I can only run the 2 mars II 700 lights in this closet and I had to turn off the mars II 400 because it was tripping my circuit breaker because I was pulling too much power plus I am running my tent and it takes a lot of power so I understand but its all good I still think I could pull it off with just the pair of mars II 700's in there

so here is a updated list of what autoflowers plants I am growing in this super soil closet led grow there are 8 in total-

1x The white train auto from mephisto genetics

1x purple skunk-mass auto from critical mass collective

1x Anonymass auto from critical mass collective

1x green crack auto from fast buds seeds

1x Gorilla Glue auto from fast buds seeds

1x Tangie'matic auto from fast buds seeds

1x Blue Diesel auto from advanced seeds

1 x Colorado Cookies auto from Dutch Passion

these plants are in all different stages of growing but here are there ages to date the 4 in the back are in day #25 from sprout and the 2 in the middle are in day #19 and day #12 from sprout and the 2 in the front are in day #1 from sprout

0013504.JPG
0023382.JPG
0043016.JPG
0052807.JPG
0062476.JPG
0072305.JPG
0082081.JPG
0091866.JPG
0101691.JPG
0111489.JPG
0121312.JPG
0131191.JPG
0141066.JPG

the canna cigar experiment is almost done!

I just checked on my canna cigar I unwrapped the twine and it looks great so I am going to leave it unwrapped I put the canna cigar I made in my wooden rolling box so I could take some pictures and let it breath a little bit before I put it back in the jar to cure a bit longer

I got a chance to weigh the canna cigar since I forgot not measure how much bud I used when I started the canna cigar experiment it came out to 7.7 grams holy crap its heavy lol

once its done curing I will do a smoking update I am sure its going to take at least few friends and bit of time to smoke it all

029311.JPG
030283.JPG
044135.JPG
045130.JPG
046133.JPG
051111.JPG

Hell ya db your grow is looking great man..I have a question are you watering your girls every other day and how much water do you give those small seedlings..I just made my first batch of supersoil a few weeks ago basically learning from some of the things you use. What can I say I like your style and method of growing I can definitely say I learned a lot from your journals buddy

Hell ya db your grow is looking great man..I have a question are you watering your girls every other day and how much water do you give those small seedlings..I just made my first batch of supersoil a few weeks ago basically learning from some of the things you use. What can I say I like your style and method of growing I can definitely say I learned a lot from your journals buddy

I water my plants every other day but I water lite since I dont want to get run off because that could leach nutes out of the super soil a tiny bit of run off is ok but not more then that

so here is a updated list of what autoflowers plants I am growing in this super soil closet led grow there are 8 in total-

these plants are in all different stages of growing but here are there ages to date the 4 in the back are in day #27 from sprout and the 2 in the middle are in day #21 and day #14 from sprout and the 2 in the front are in day #3 from sprout

016897.JPG
017809.JPG
018716.JPG
019626.JPG

hello everyone I just gave these autoflowers in super soil a watering I gave them plain filtered water ph. to 6.3 with citric acid crystals made sure not to get any run off if possible to avoid leaching the nutrients from the super soil

so far the plants are looking good in there under the pair of mars II 700 lights I had to turn the mars II 400 off in the middle since I am also using my grow tent and together it was pulling to much power and tripping the breaker but since I turned off the 400 things have been fine so its all good lol

now that I think about it this setup in the closet is way better then the mars pro II 320 I had in there before dont get me wrong its not the light that I dont like and in fact I love it I just think it was not the best light choice for the space that I had it in if I had a 4x4 tent man that thing would kick butt

I got to say I am loving the fact that I dont have to mix nutes up for watering's just give them water it might not sound that bad but once you take in that fact that I would have to mix different nutes for the plants in different stages of growth then it becomes a real pain in the butt

it gets even worse if you think about that its not just different nutes for veg and flower but even in veg I cant give the same nutes to the seedlings as the ones that are in full veg that would want full strength nutes so that's even more mixing it never ends

ok dont get me wrong super soil is not perfect it has its flaws and it still can be a lot of work but its mostly mixing soil and you only have to do that once and let it cook and a lite mixing before you use it

I like the super soil style of growing since it was always a hard job for me to try and figure out what the plants needed sometimes when I was feeding them bottle nutes

it made it worse that I always grew a bunch of different strains all at the same time and since most plants like different levels of nutes and I was just mixing one batch of nutes for all my plants some of the plants always seemed to be lacking something different so I would get some good plants and some bad plants and genetics play a big part to but that's a different story all together so I wont get in to that

well I cant beat myself up to bad since its just how life is and nothing goes as expected just roll with the punches and do what you can man I must be super stoned sorry I got side tracked

long story short I like super soil style of growing and am glad I just mixed another batch for my next grow it helped take some of the guess work out and its one step closer to happy plants and happy plants make a happy me

these plants are in all different stages of growing but here are there ages to date the 4 in the back are in day #29 from sprout and the 2 in the middle are in day #23 and day #16 from sprout and the 2 in the front are in day #5 from sprout

022490.JPG
023448.JPG
024410.JPG
025408.JPG
026378.JPG
027340.JPG
028342.JPG
029312.JPG
030284.JPG
031272.JPG

Back
Top Bottom