Db003's Second Grow - Martian Kush - Mars II 400 Watt Veg - Mars II 700 Watt Flower

Re: Db003's Second Grow - Martian Kush - Mars II 400 Watt Veg - Mars II 700 Watt Flow

Hey db dont sweat it buddy, your so close so just do the best you can. I like ganjazz info about bathing the plants, I read something similar before including showering the plants to get rid of mites so it probably does work...if I run into those bastards thats what I would probably do.

About your flowering issue I hope the temps are in range or that will affect them I think...for example if your lights are on at night & off in the day whats the difference in temps?? I think when lights are off the temps should be cooler than when they're on...but since its hotter during the day when your lights are off the temps might be higher or similar than when lights are on. Anyway we're all rooting for ya...
:goodluck:

Re: Db003's Second Grow - Martian Kush - Mars II 400 Watt Veg - Mars II 700 Watt Flow

well I just got done watering my plants with some plain water I decided to take my plant out of the scrog that way when I get the stuff to kill the spider mites I can take the plant out and flush it real good in the bathtub

I am this close to saying to hell with it and kill the plant and move on but I would hate to lose all this time and money I spent on this plant but the same goes as I don't want to waste the time and money I put in to the plant so I will give it a few more weeks if it does not bounce back I think in will try and see if I can get some one to put it in there back yard because it would be a waste to just kill it out right just have to wait and see what happens

by the way this plant has been in 12/12 for 28 days and has not flowered yet I took a hour off so its 11/13 now i did that two days ago

from what everyone has told me it looks like I have a ph. problem at the roots that might be one of the reasons it wont flower and I think I have a light leak problem so I plan on doing a flush some but I wont be able to get a ph. meter until around the 1st of the month

and now that I took the plant out of the scrog I can attempt to check for light leaks I am still not sure how I am going to do it yet since my grow lights are on at night and off in the day and there is not that much light in my room at night I want to check it in the day that's when I think I would get better idea if I have a light leak since that's when my room gets the most light but how would I do that if my plant is in the dark cycle I might need some help with that one

0012545.JPG

0022485.JPG

0032382.JPG

0042235.JPG

0052103.JPG

0061863.JPG

quick update so its 2 a.m. and I decide since I took my plant out of the scrog tonight I said what the hell I took it out and took it to the bathroom and flushed the hell out of it I did not have any water that I let sit out for a few days like I usually use when I water my plants I used it all earlier when I watered my other plants so I just water strait from the tap at first I used two and a half gallons to get the water flow going then I let the shower run for a few minutes over the center of the plant like rain to get a nice flush and it might help knock some of those dam spider mites off and I had a bunch of play sand on top of the soil I took as much of it off as I could I don't know if it was part of the problems I have with this plant so I just took it off anyway I had put it there so I would not get fungus gnats but it does not matter since I have spider mites which is worse

I call this one the make it rain flush lol
0012546.JPG

0022486.JPG

0032383.JPG

after the flush
0042236.JPG

0052104.JPG

0061864.JPG

0081589.JPG

after the flush and back in the tent
0091415.JPG

0101301.JPG

0111139.JPG

0121034.JPG

Gonna add the scrog net back on it? I so want to try scrogging cause I really think with these mars lights if you keep the plants really short all the colas will get more light. Ive been letting mine get to tall and I think the bottom buds suffer some. I just like to run multiple strains at once so I need more tents lol

i enjoyed my scrog and have to say i enjoyed it more than my traditinal grow i did, but it is easyer to manage the plant and flush without the net... hope the shower helped with the mites man!! i would hate to see that nice masive plant go to waist and really weird you plant wont bloom, ive had light leaks before and my plants still seem'd to flower just hermied on my but never had one just not start showing at least wish i could help man

well in think I found the light leak in my flower tent what I did was take a large blanket and put it over the front of the tent and got under it a unzipped it enough to stick my head in there and zip it up lol but I do see a small light leak it is were the vent hose connects to the vent fan I will try to fix it after the light come on tonight I hope that helps

The slow, inevitable death of Mr. and Mrs. Mite...

SNS217 will take care of your spider mite problem. The main ingredient is rosemary oil which is proven to be effective in wiping them out.

Good luck with the buggers!

Just need to win one of the 420mag contests and Sierra Natural Science will hook you up with all of their good stuff, including the SNS 217 mite spray, which worked for me on a small mite problem... so far. Friends also treat with Mighty Wash and Safer Soap. I know money is an issue, but True Value Hardware sells the Safer Soap insecticide for about $11/bottle. Think about doing a major defoliation before you spray with whatever. This will eliminate any spider mites and their eggs on the leaves you remove, and it'll make spraying the rest of the leaves easier. Spider mites are a bitch, but I don't know any large scale grower that isn't dealing with them on a regular basis. In fact, I got my mites from a clone that came from one of those large scale grows. Anyway, it'll be alright.

As for the non-flowering issue, i don't know where to start. Could be a pH problem or a light leak or something else. Even with a tiny light leak, however, most of the plant should still flower. I like that you switched to an 11/13 light schedule, though you could even go further and do a 10/14 or 9/15 light schedule to see if you can force them into flowering. Mystery Seed #3 in my flower tent is slow to flower as well. I wanted to veg my tent for a couple extra weeks and accidentally had the light schedule at 14/10 and started flowering everything but MS#3 and now two weeks after "officially" switching to 11/13, the MS#3 is only showing the tiniest of preflowers. Damn Sativa!

Too long I've been away to say this with any certainty, but the plant health issues you're having could be due to nutrient lockout. For example: a surplus of Calcium and too little Magnesium can lockout Calcium and show a Ca deficiency when what is really lacking is Magnesium. If you feel you've been adding a lot of nutes, back it off a little and see if the problem rights itself.

I understand it can be frustrating when you've put so much energy into one plant to have it give you so much trouble. If the genetics are there, then the plant should still produce quality bud... just maybe not as much or as high quality as you would like. Next round, or the one after, try growing several strains in smaller pots instead of the one-large plant. This will cut down on vegging times and give the tent a genetic variety that'll help prevent a single pest or plant problem from ruining your whole crop. Remember that you're allowed 3 flowering plants and 3 vegging plants under Amendment 64, and double those numbers if you have a medical card.

Your grow still looks great and and I expect good things. Spider mites were an inevitable problem that you get the experience of dealing with sooner than later. What you learn in these crucial moments will only help you prevent problems with future grows. Remember, I'm pulling for you because were all in this together. :Namaste:

Re: The slow, inevitable death of Mr. and Mrs. Mite...

P.S. Make sure you wash your hands and arms with soapy water when switching between tents. Don't want those buggers hitchhiking to the veg tent.

ok fellow grower as you know I have been having problems with the plant and for some reason it wont flower not sure if it was a light leak or a root ph. imbalance I tried my best to fix the light leak last night and I flushed the plant the night before also

should I give the plant nutes like I usually do at a full dose or a half dose or should I give plain water until it shows sings of improvement a few things to mention I have no way of checking the ph. yet not sure what to do
plant has been in 12/12 for 30 days now and no sings of flowering I just switched the light schedule to 11/13 3 days ago

Should I give the plant nutes like I usually do at a full dose or a half dose or should I give plain water until it shows sings of improvement a few things to mention I have no way of checking the pH.

Interesting. Since you're adding nutes to the water, it is likely bringing the pH way down. For reference, when I was growing cherry tomatoes in my hydroponic window garden, the General Hydroponics Grow nutrients at full strength brought the water pH down between 4.5-5.5pH. If you're nute solution is similar and you haven't been adjusting the pH, then you've been feeding a strong acid to your plant for the last couple months.

My recommendation is that you water with only water for the next couple of weeks. When you get some money in a week or so, go out and get a spider mite spray (SNS 217, Safer Soap, Mighty Wash, etc) and douse your lady. Before the spray, do a major defoliation and remove any leaves that the mites hit hard.

And I know this isn't organic and probably will get some flak from other growers, but a tiny bit of dish soap (preferably a natural dish soap) mixed with water and sprayed on the top and underside of the leaves is how many non-420 growers control spider mites cheaply. Here is a link about using dish soap as an insecticide spray: Homemade Spray for Getting Rid of Spider Mites

what's up fellow growers today is one of my watering days I have been having a lot of problems with this plant so instead of blasting it hard with nutes I only added one this time soul synthetics big swell I gave it two tsp. in a gallon of water as of now the plant is still in 11/13 light schedule right now I am just waiting to see how the plant responds I am pretty sure I fixed the light leak so now I just wait and see I guess I also raised the light a little I noticed the center right under the light has the most damage so I raised it a little to see what happens

0012549.JPG

0022489.JPG

0032386.JPG

0042239.JPG

021469.JPG

020492.JPG

Plant is looking way better than you realize. Some plants at work have looked like crap compared to yours and they still produce some dope dope. If she doesn't show preflowers or pistils in a few days, try switching to a 10/14 light schedule. If it doesn't respond to that, then you've probably got a mutant Martian Kush and it could be something special. Anyway, have a good night.

ok fellow grower as you know I have been having problems with the plant and for some reason it wont flower not sure if it was a light leak or a root ph. imbalance I tried my best to fix the light leak last night and I flushed the plant the night before also

should I give the plant nutes like I usually do at a full dose or a half dose or should I give plain water until it shows sings of improvement a few things to mention I have no way of checking the ph. yet not sure what to do
plant has been in 12/12 for 30 days now and no sings of flowering I just switched the light schedule to 11/13 3 days ago

If she still hasn't shown signs of wanting to flower yet I suggest giving her 24 to 36 hrs of darkness then resume your 11/13 light schedule. This should boost the hormonal changes that are needed to induce flowering.

look at what I got in the mail today! my lights come on at 8pm going to water my plants and spray the shit out of it came with three bottles I just mixed one up in my 22oz spray bottle

big shout out to Guardian Mite Spray you guys are the best

0052112.JPG

The plant really does look good aside from the mite damage, i was always a little surprised at how often you fed before but it never seemed to affect it so didnt say anything. and good info about the dishsoap, i know it sounds like a last result kind of thing but still good stuff. love the journal DB

its a sad sad day in my bedroom garden as some of you know I have been having a lot of problems with the Martian Kush plant I had in a scrog in one of my tents this plant was in 12/12 for more then 34 days and still did not show any signs of being in flower and had some thing wrong with the ph. in the soil I think and then I found out I had spider mites on top of that

I did not want to give up on the plant but when I was about to water my plant I fucked up and pretty much broke the plant in half so I said fuck it and chopped it down bagged it up and tossed it in the trash I even tossed the fabric pot this plant was in just to be safe I don't want the spider mites to come back on my next plants

I had already made a bottle of spider mite spray so took out the grow tent spill mat and washed it in the bathtub with hot water and hung it outside to dry overnight and sprayed the whole bottom of the tent and the walls in the seams the floor the small fan just about everything I could think of turned off the light and vent fan and I will wipe the whole tent down in the morning

0061869.JPG

0071748.JPG

0081593.JPG

0091420.JPG

0101304.JPG

0111143.JPG

im very sorry to here about your loss friend, these things happen in life, we just have to learn and move on :thumb: good grow and hope those mites stay away!

Back
Top Bottom