Hi all and welcome everyone.
My bagseed Isabelles languished for far too long before I stumbled on to 420 Mag.
I’m hoping with this thread to thank some of the folk who helped me without even knowing and maybe I can help someone too. I learned an awful lot from other people’s mistakes and I’m still determinedly making a few of my own.
I don’t know what’s going to happen in my garden. I think it could be fun if we find out together.
My bagseed Isabelles are 9 days into 12/12.
I’ll drop a few quickies to get up to date..

Looking good, DD. Looking forward to the updated pics.

Wow that was quick! You have a ringside seat for the circus :) Welcome.
Some of the type of stats I was reading on people’s threads before keeping records of my own.

To complete the launch montage for this thread - the last entry from my diary to get us on the same page...
:reading420magazine:
There are pistils everywhere in the medicine cabinet, but Isabelle Purple is giving us the first proper flower today.
Some branches, especially on Blue and Red, have massive girth. It looks as though they could support a lot of weight. I truly hope that is what Isabelles have planned.
There could be quite a few decent donkey cocks if our luck continues.
I’m really excited now to see what kinds of genetics Isabelles show from now on - how far up the spectrum of medically useful she turns out to be. She might have shiny smooth sugar leaves that curl like mutants and completely shade each bud, giving cabbage for infusions and topicals but nothing to smoke for breakthrough pain.
Or, she might be frosty like powdery mildew growing on diamonds, sticky, dank, and highly medicinal...
Have to wait and see.
Clones, meanwhile. Two Reds, two Blues potted, showing new growth. Not convinced they’re entirely back in veg yet, but all four pots have healthy dangling roots already. They must love canna terra soil because they’ve only had water. The Blues were in rock wool and the Reds were in peat.
None of the other cuttings are showing roots yet, not giving up though. I don’t want to lose Purple yet in case there is something interesting there. She has so far been the first to show and the fastest up, though the others are still close.
These four may do us though. One of each can be bonsai parent, the other two have about 2.5 months to be trained out and up and ready to fill a 3’ by 3’ canopy.
They are only under 120w LED and I need to arrange their space better so they can get away from the light. There is no hurry now.
Jars full of medicine are almost in sight.

Ha - just after 4.20am tomorrow now and not being able to sleep (#needmedicinenow) came to check the garden. Just potted another Isabelle Blue whose roots were showing. She was the least hopeful looking top, having cannibalised herself to the brink. I shall now see this as a more optimistic sign. She was also the last of the peat plug trial to pull through, leaving four behind in rock wool still. That’s the two of Isabelle Purple and two more of Isabelle Blue. So rockwool is only for back-up now if I run out of peat. Looking forward to a new and bigger space soon.
And under the main light three big Isabelles got bigger again in the hours I was trying to sleep. Great to see.
They are stacking and setting and starting to swell. Incidentally, I almost joined 420 Mag as StackSetSwell, but joined as DonkeyDick instead. (Facepalm) gotta be humble.
Anyway. Tonight our tallest tops are 27” and we’re halfway through the second week of stretch.

Bring on the meds...

Last night as we were finishing a bought baggie we found these..
A drop of superthrive in a little RO h2o and it looks as though we’re good to go.
Pop that in the clone tray and hope for the best :)

Good looking plants,DD,and lots of 'em!
I'll hang around to see how this one goes,if that's ok..:popcorn:

but joined as DonkeyDick instead.
When I saw your username,I figured you must be a plumber-you may know this,but a donkey dick is an inflatable plug used for leak testing drain (sewer) lines-not it's official name,but it looks like one,so that's what it's called...:)

Thanks Mocha Bud it’s good to be here!
Strange to keep a stealth garden secret then open it up for everyone to see :)
:rofl::rofl: IKR...I grew for over 10 years before I posted here :hmmmm: always kept it to myself and a few friends :thumb:

Yo Donkey Dick welcome to 420mag! :yahoo: Nice looking setup! Your plants are looking healthy and strong, you've done a great job filling your space. :bravo:Nice and even canopy. Healthy looking clones :headbanger: Seems you've got the hang of things - i'll sit back and enjoy the show :nomo::passitleft:
Happy growing :Namaste::morenutes: keep it irie

Thank you for your welcome Irie! :high-five:
I feel like I’m getting my head around participating here instead of lurking (which was also great). :cool:
I’m glad you made it over - I’m reassured that gardeners with chops think I’m on track. :thumb:
A question for the experts - can anyone say if my girls look more Indica or Sativa dominant? Maybe I need to put more photos up. I really have no provenance on these. Seeds were a gift from someone who doesn’t even smoke and he couldn’t tell me anything about them.

And hey Irie- congrats on that NOTM :p

I feel like I’m getting my head around participating here instead of lurking (which was also great). :cool:
Same! I lurked around 420 and absorbed so much growing info before I even joined, and I wish I did sooner. It’s really fun around her and the members are awesome and full of experience and knowledge, there’s all the info you could ever need on growing cannabis on this website :adore::ganjamon:
can anyone say if my girls look more Indica or Sativa dominant?
To me, she’s looking like a real hybrid, she’s got a stocky low structure to her which leans towards indica yet her leaves seem to have got a bit of Sativa characteristics coming through. Leaning more towards indica in my eyes but who knows :yummy:
congrats on that NOTM :p
Thanks so much! Always enter the monthly comps, there’s amazing prizes to be won! :yahoo:

To me, she’s looking like a real hybrid, she’s got a stocky low structure to her which leans towards indica yet her leaves seem to have got a bit of Sativa characteristics coming through. Leaning more towards indica in my eyes but who knows :yummy:
Thank you m8. I’ll be SO relieved if they’re Indica dominant.. phew.

oh damn she's getting hairy, we'll be seeing flowers real soon :party: Looking great DD! Your canopy is nice and full, you're using all the light ya got nice job :passitleft: Looking forward to your flower show.
I’ll be SO relieved if they’re Indica dominant.. phew
Oh you like your indicas?

oh damn she's getting hairy, we'll be seeing flowers real soon :party: Looking great DD! Your canopy is nice and full, you're using all the light ya got nice job :passitleft: Looking forward to your flower show.

Oh you like your indicas?
Good to see you Irie. Yes I’m getting excited now that flowers are popping.
Impatient too due to dankruptcy (I hadn’t heard the term before, but oh boy do I know what it means).
As you know from visits I’ve made to your (rather superb) garden I live under prohibition and don’t have choice genetics available.
OMG there are some mouthwatering medical strains being developed now.
Don’t get me wrong I like to get stoned, but this I am growing for my health.
Can you imagine paying $500 for an oz (!) and then turning it into a skin cream? Nor can I.
I want to try topicals and make infused oils to microdose with.
I hear the higher CBD strains are best for this and I hope to try them someday. (Your double glock, for example, looks aMaZiNg). For now we muddle on...

Been lucky so far :D

Back
Top Bottom