DD Stable Of Impermanence

Thanks Al. :high-five: Third one done now.
I’ve run the same gear since the start. Being clones they’ve been the same plants, in fact. Each harvest has been of such better quality than the one before that it has me wondering does cannabis, like cheese, improve with age or is there some other factor at play? :laugh:

Thank you, man. We had a pretty nice Waitangi Day here, WBU?
0D865873-22D0-4D95-A2CC-75AC92C1A525.jpeg

Even though past harvests have been full of redder/prettier buds this is the best looking harvest I’ve managed. Finished buds have kept their structure better than before when I’ve mucked it up a bit and nugs got smaller and more solid as they dried. Must be getting the hang of it. I’ve discovered the virtue of leaving stuff alone, I think is what it is.

Cheers, Cat. They worked straight away I’m dead impressed with them. This is the first time I used them. The big jars in the picture back there were a little drier than they are now having had a boveda in for a couple of days.
Jar stock from my last run hasn’t been particularly squishy. The same nugs tonight (clones,see) got my fingers completely sticky just stripping stalks from 10g. Got a nice big puddle too.

Good to see ya, CC :) And thanks for the kind words. I feel like I finally got these looking about as good as they can, considering they lack the lustre of sparkly goodness of fruitier gear. Now that we know how to do this, and we have some fruitier gear - it’s gonna be like when Dylan went electric.
:ganjamon:

Some donkeys are complete asses, it’s true. Whaddayagonnado?
Nick just grew some mean-ass SSH folks. Head over to his if you want to see that done well.
Now you see my working stock, Nick I ask iS IT Helpful if I spell out why your Haze King title is safe? (Regular clue for solving the cryptic: it would take one to beat you) :laugh:

She’s got her dad’s nose. Look, you can see it in your avatar thingy.
Love your work, brother!

:green_heart:
Heehee thanks Dd. lol She is a little beauty and I am so biased now on this run.!!. still got 3 left to take out before I can change around for their center stage. hopefully by weekends end I should have a veg room back and nft for them to get busy in. back to basics for this one with mc all the way.

Thank you for staying my hasty hoof. I’d have done something donkeyish. Happy day off today, Koro :high-five:

:adore::love:
I wouldn’t have believed it even if I had a time machine and could have explained it to myself. Perhaps especially not then, that’s not a very good example.

Fingers crossed on both scores.

I’ve taken the domes off a couple of CPKs, domes which were cracked the last three or four days. Then cracked a few more. Not much else for a donkey to do to them that isn’t plain faff.

Final Harvest Weights
The numbers are in! As are the nugs.
09FAA9C4-19F4-4ABB-9276-5E1A5E49E7C3.jpeg

There were four plants in the last Isabelle - only run. Fridge-dried flowers all have R.H. stable under 70, above 58 and have been added to air dried weights from last week.
13 days in the fridge this time. No fuss. Turned out perfectly.

Purple 11.5 oz
Purple 21.3 oz
Red 12.9 oz
Red 23.9 oz
Total9.6 oz

Less than I hoped for, but much more than I expected! :slide:
They turned out beautifully I’m very pleased to say and yes there will be squishing.
2B9C1CB3-643B-4B65-A08F-2A247D7E19C2.jpeg

I’m going to let them sit with boveda packs for a few days before I start the cure. I only have one cheap hygrometer, uncalibrated, and boveda packs on the shelf. Thought I’d sharpen it up some. @Sugarleaf warns me about stuff like that, but ‘she’ll be right’ as they say ;)
She’s napping. She likes rosin too.

Flip day 1
Our girls got their last veg dose feed of mc and a quick once over before going back in.
They each stand 20” off the soil and it’s time to go! Their electrical switches got reset. Their hormonal ones will get with the programme shortly.
:theband:
Thanks for dropping in.
10 oz of the finest smoke bro..

Nice job man :passitleft:

Look nice Donkey...
I just got my boveda packs yesterday.
I have never used them before.
Do they really do a good job?
Are they working good for you?
Pennywise said awhile back that he stopped using boveda 62 packs I believe because her said he felt he noticed a wired smell to them that affected the buds? @Pennywise do you remember that bud ?

I don't use them because I vac seal myself now.

Nice haul Donk. Sucks those SSH got stepped on by some ahole donkey. I would file a complaint :). Are you using the 62% Bovedas? I just got some 58% I'm giving a go. Like my bud on the dry/crumbly side of life. Keep up the good work.. EEEEEEEEAAAWWWWW
I like 58 ish myself

I like 58 ish myself
Every recommendation I’ve had about these I got today. They are back on the shelf for now. After a cure I’ll use them - if for no other reason than the novelty of storing a stash. :rolleyes:
Next time I order some I’ll get the 58’s to try thanks to you and Nick. I think I’d like my mull slightly drier too. Maybe I’ll just use the 62’s for the squish stash. Hmmm.
:yummy::peace::cool:

Every recommendation I’ve had about these I got today. They are back on the shelf for now. After a cure I’ll use them - if for no other reason than the novelty of storing a stash. :rolleyes:
Next time I order some I’ll get the 58’s to try thanks to you and Nick. I think I’d like my mull slightly drier too. Maybe I’ll just use the 62’s for the squish stash. Hmmm.
:yummy::peace::cool:
Smart idea buddy.

Thank you, man. We had a pretty nice Waitangi Day here, WBU?
Mate, what's not to like about this hot run of Summer weather, it is so easy to relax and chill to, as it'll soon be cooler temps again I'm in for enjoying the baking heat while we get it! Nice pic of the sunset.

Interesting how you going with the Boveda packs, I've not experienced them, only read about them. I guess for squishing that you don't want them too dry. Your dried buds looked good, what did you most put that down to?
Drying the crop is always a mission for me. I'd like to try the fridge method but I have no chance of doing that with the family and my bud in the fridge. This year I am thinking of drying the whole plant for a few days first then cut it back to branches and continue drying them before jarring. Last season I over dried some, I put a folded paper towel in with a few drops of water on and then forgot about it until I remembered, by which time some mold had set it. It can be a bit of a shit, you put so much care and effort into growing the crop and then the seemingly simple task of drying the yield and curing it becomes a total cluster.
:passitleft:

Mate, what's not to like about this hot run of Summer weather, it is so easy to relax and chill to, as it'll soon be cooler temps again I'm in for enjoying the baking heat while we get it! Nice pic of the sunset.

Interesting how you going with the Boveda packs, I've not experienced them, only read about them. I guess for squishing that you don't want them too dry. Your dried buds looked good, what did you most put that down to?
Drying the crop is always a mission for me. I'd like to try the fridge method but I have no chance of doing that with the family and my bud in the fridge. This year I am thinking of drying the whole plant for a few days first then cut it back to branches and continue drying them before jarring. Last season I over dried some, I put a folded paper towel in with a few drops of water on and then forgot about it until I remembered, by which time some mold had set it. It can be a bit of a shit, you put so much care and effort into growing the crop and then the seemingly simple task of drying the yield and curing it becomes a total cluster.
:passitleft:
sadly drying wrong is the biggest killer of harvested crops. I have been a firm believer in drying whole with zero trimming till fully dried and finished. This has given me great results but is a real pain in the ass to trim up after. The biology of the method works top. giving her the time to use up her chlorophyll supplies naturally over the drying period also allows her to continue converting and using stores for her buds. Any chlorophyll left over after a dry will create harshness so by dry trimming , we effectively kill her dead ,locking in her stores instead of being able to transport them. The fridge low and slow is great if you have space ect.. but most of us dont have that safe space so adapt. I use my loft space and the cold weather to my advantage there thankfully. Find some decent size cardboard boxes.
20200204_185513.jpg
20200202_155638.jpg
20200201_133211.jpg
20200201_133204.jpg
20200201_132704.jpg
Great for keeping light out and absorbing some moisture too, You can also open the flaps to allow more air in as you need to or even seal them and make an exhaust back to the grow room as I did before. Can also sit in the main grow room if you limit the chances of light getting into them with sheets. Find somewhere below 19°c , air exchanged with intake fan not blowing on any plant ideally. hopefully take about 10 days to dry to "snap" on stems , harvest and jar. This way gets my best dry and result. My last 2 harvest were wet trimmed due to speed and bud rot risk in summer but I prefer the dry complete method

sadly drying wrong is the biggest killer of harvested crops. I have been a firm believer in drying whole with zero trimming till fully dried and finished. This has given me great results but is a real pain in the ass to trim up after. The biology of the method works top. giving her the time to use up her chlorophyll supplies naturally over the drying period also allows her to continue converting and using stores for her buds. Any chlorophyll left over after a dry will create harshness so by dry trimming , we effectively kill her dead ,locking in her stores instead of being able to transport them. The fridge low and slow is great if you have space ect.. but most of us dont have that safe space so adapt. I use my loft space and the cold weather to my advantage there thankfully. Find some decent size cardboard boxes.
20200204_185513.jpg
20200202_155638.jpg
20200201_133211.jpg
20200201_133204.jpg
20200201_132704.jpg
Great for keeping light out and absorbing some moisture too, You can also open the flaps to allow more air in as you need to or even seal them and make an exhaust back to the grow room as I did before. Can also sit in the main grow room if you limit the chances of light getting into them with sheets. Find somewhere below 19°c , air exchanged with intake fan not blowing on any plant ideally. hopefully take about 10 days to dry to "snap" on stems , harvest and jar. This way gets my best dry and result. My last 2 harvest were wet trimmed due to speed and bud rot risk in summer but I prefer the dry complete method
Exactly how I do it too Grandaddy. It is a little more work in the end. Seems like the buds retain that lovely stank better too. Cant beat a cardboard box :).

sadly drying wrong is the biggest killer of harvested crops. I have been a firm believer in drying whole with zero trimming till fully dried and finished. This has given me great results but is a real pain in the ass to trim up after. The biology of the method works top. giving her the time to use up her chlorophyll supplies naturally over the drying period also allows her to continue converting and using stores for her buds. Any chlorophyll left over after a dry will create harshness so by dry trimming , we effectively kill her dead ,locking in her stores instead of being able to transport them. The fridge low and slow is great if you have space ect.. but most of us dont have that safe space so adapt. I use my loft space and the cold weather to my advantage there thankfully. Find some decent size cardboard boxes.Great for keeping light out and absorbing some moisture too, You can also open the flaps to allow more air in as you need to or even seal them and make an exhaust back to the grow room as I did before. Can also sit in the main grow room if you limit the chances of light getting into them with sheets. Find somewhere below 19°c , air exchanged with intake fan not blowing on any plant ideally. hopefully take about 10 days to dry to "snap" on stems , harvest and jar. This way gets my best dry and result. My last 2 harvest were wet trimmed due to speed and bud rot risk in summer but I prefer the dry complete method
Thanks, that's really informative, great pics of nice bud drying too. I have some big cardboard boxes but not for whole plant size, mine are quite wide after veging for 4 months. How important it is for the drying plant to be kept in complete darkness, would hanging in dim shade out of direct/intense light be necessarily a lot worse? I can see that cardboard would be good for helping absorb moisture.

I vac seal myself now.
Interesting. This is for normal storage at room temperature? What sort of volume per pack are you doing and how long are you storing them for? (Us donkeys are well known for our big noses). What are they like after being stored for ages?
Like I said before, storing pot is such a novel idea to me :laugh:
Are you using that vacuum sealer to do any cobbing? This seems to be the next big thing. Maybe it was just that my enormous ears pricked up when someone said you get reallyreallyreally high doing that.
I'd like to try the fridge method but I have no chance of doing that with the family
Mate. We had a visitor the other day who parked herself on the chair in front of the fridge and she wouldn’t move! I could nip my hand in for milk for cups of tea (ah. Even as I write this I see where I went wrong). It was right on dinner time too. I had to go and get us takeaways coz I couldn’t open the fridge! :rofl:
Hard to plan for that stuff.
I’m not using the fridge for the whole lot, but I’ll measure out 4 x 30g bags from each plant to try and get an ounce dried this way. Did considerably better than 25% return but haven’t worked out the actual numbers.
It can be a bit of a shit, you put so much care and effort
Damn straight. Nick and gigiddy got you there. I say hang each enormous branch as if it’s a plant to itself if you’re going to use a box. I’ve not done the box dry so I’m no help whatsoever. Be careful with low humidity. (I’ve been enjoying not having your weather - I like it in the temperate south:)). Maybe put your drybox in the wash house?
How important it is for the drying plant to be kept in complete darkness,
Seems to me we want metabolic processes to stop at this point. I may be wrong.

Thought I might weigh in a bit here. I always do a wet trim and cut them off the stems. I put them on a drying rack and hang them in the dark with a carbon filter to stop the odor alerting the local 50. Drying has been a pain, last harvest was about 5 or 6 pound. I find wet trimming to be easier, this time around I've purchased a table trimmer so will run the smaller buds over the table but hand trim my A grade.

Thought I might weigh in a bit here. I always do a wet trim and cut them off the stems. I put them on a drying rack and hang them in the dark with a carbon filter to stop the odor alerting the local 50. Drying has been a pain, last harvest was about 5 or 6 pound. I find wet trimming to be easier, this time around I've purchased a table trimmer so will run the smaller buds over the table but hand trim my A grade.
Hey Mike. I use a hanging net thing too for the wet trim. I have to squish mine into the little area I have above my tent in the roof space then redirect airflow through the tent and likewise use the carbon filter out of ‘respect for my neigbours’.
I know you’re pulling some heroic volumes and you don’t want to prolong any RSI agony by taking the long way round. I’ve read some side by side comparisons of wet vs dry trim. One of them, you just reminded me because I’ve pointed this one out to you before, is in Hyena’s hilarioustrim jail tail. <— well worth a read if you haven’t found it folks.
Of all the first world problems I’d rather have. . .

[edit: it hardly occurs to me that it’s a funny time of day sometimes when I’m up here. WBU Mike? Painsomnia, partying, night shift, none of the above?]

Pennywise said awhile back that he stopped using boveda 62 packs I believe because her said he felt he noticed a wired smell to them that affected the buds? @Pennywise do you remember that bud ?

I don't use them because I vac seal myself now.
Thanks King for the info.
I was thinking 58% too.
But most of the YouTube videos were using 62%.
Well I got my 62% humidity packs already.
So after I harvest and dry I will put the 62% packs in and see what happens, and monitor them with the little temp/humidity units in each jar.

Thanks, that's really informative, great pics of nice bud drying too. I have some big cardboard boxes but not for whole plant size, mine are quite wide after veging for 4 months. How important it is for the drying plant to be kept in complete darkness, would hanging in dim shade out of direct/intense light be necessarily a lot worse? I can see that cardboard would be good for helping absorb moisture.
Light basically dissolves terpenes more rapidly than the dark. The dark also encourages oils a little too when slow drying as she tries to keep the buds moistened and supple. It's a desperate act of a mother trying desperately to save her flowering buds before she herself dies of dehydration as opposed to being instantly killed and ripped apart and hung from the rafters !. All sounds so sad when in context but WE WANT WEED. lol

Thanks King for the info.
I was thinking 58% too.
But most of the YouTube videos were using 62%.
Well I got my 62% humidity packs already.
So after I harvest and dry I will put the 62% packs in and see what happens, and monitor them with the little temp/humidity units in each jar.
I use 62% bovedas and do like them for initial storage , pre redistribution. keeps them nice and smokable too. spongy without turning to dust but still able to crumble into a paper with no popping when smoked either.

I use 62% bovedas and do like them for initial storage , pre redistribution. keeps them nice and smokable too. spongy without turning to dust but still able to crumble into a paper with no popping when smoked either.
Ganjagrandaddy, so many options... :)
Previous grows I would vacuum seal an once in each bag, and stack them in the freezer.
Of course it would flatten the buds.
But I could store them easily.
Then when making cookies or alcohol batch for spraying on the achy joints, just had to open the vacuum seal and have an ounce ready to use to make whatever.

Interesting. This is for normal storage at room temperature? What sort of volume per pack are you doing and how long are you storing them for? (Us donkeys are well known for our big noses). What are they like after being stored for ages?
Like I said before, storing pot is such a novel idea to me :laugh:
Are you using that vacuum sealer to do any cobbing? This seems to be the next big thing. Maybe it was just that my enormous ears pricked up when someone said you get reallyreallyreally high doing that.

Mate. We had a visitor the other day who parked herself on the chair in front of the fridge and she wouldn’t move! I could nip my hand in for milk for cups of tea (ah. Even as I write this I see where I went wrong). It was right on dinner time too. I had to go and get us takeaways coz I couldn’t open the fridge! :rofl:
Hard to plan for that stuff.
I’m not using the fridge for the whole lot, but I’ll measure out 4 x 30g bags from each plant to try and get an ounce dried this way. Did considerably better than 25% return but haven’t worked out the actual numbers.

Damn straight. Nick and gigiddy got you there. I say hang each enormous branch as if it’s a plant to itself if you’re going to use a box. I’ve not done the box dry so I’m no help whatsoever. Be careful with low humidity. (I’ve been enjoying not having your weather - I like it in the temperate south:)). Maybe put your drybox in the wash house?

Seems to me we want metabolic processes to stop at this point. I may be wrong.
It wont stop but will slow down. the Terps are like miniature chemical bubbles that rise and pop throughout the nugs existence I think so ti.e will always degrade them. Cobbing by design , takes 3 of the degrading elements away in an instant with light , air and heat. it breaks down similar to the sugar to alcohol process in grain/hops/barley ect to create a stronger form of thc chemically. been hankering to try it for years but never keep enough " spare" that I wouldnt dig up in an instant if needed. heehee

Back
Top Bottom