DD Stable Of Impermanence

In the spirit of talking meditation, I believe there’s a lot of benefits to meditating. I have been practicing Bunkai No Mind meditation with chi breathing ever since I got into martial arts. It’s one of the most relaxing self grounding activities I could possibly do.. at first I hated meditating before and after classes lol it quickly became an addiction though. I started doing it every day because I rose up feeling so relaxed and focused it was unbelievable how clear my mind was and made it very easy to concentrate... so much more calm and disciplined as well. When I was really into it I could spend hours at a time meditating... don’t get too much time to do this anymore although I wish I did.
Sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you get to feeling better.

That CPK looks like some fire:ganjamon:
:high-five:
Have to agree on the health vare. I have had a few rants here about poor health care here too. Hate all this heroic bullshit too while they play the govts game on ovid19 and are laughing at the public now. So many stories here of dreadful treatment of anyone trying g to use hospitals for normal health care. Always been crap but the media constantly tell us how lucky we are that a consultant will waste £100000 on talking crap that cures nothing ever but does earn them a lot of money. You then get passed to underlings for treatment who are usually too busy to give a shit. Having seen 8 births during my parenting has also shown huge shortfalls in care . Last born very nearly didn't make it as they wouldn't check her after hours of wife saying her movements had stopped.we had a 5 day labour in the hospital and she was taken in due to severe bleeding initially!!! Thankfully a shift change and new nurse saved her from dying with the chord round her neck so tight sh was fighting for life and giving up. Even writing that has me in floods now of how close it was due to shit health care professionals and they threw me out on a regular basis as men can't go on the wards !!!! They expected me to drive home after 5 nights of no sleep to return 5 hours later to collect my wife and daughter. How safe would we have been ?. Never been treated so badly in my life and had some blazing rows with the managers over this stupidity. Over 35 years I can honestly say not once did we leave happy with their vaee of us or our newborns. Didn't even do any checks on the baby before the last one but needed the beds so sent us home !!. Sadly if you asked most folks to be totally honest , health care is shit and about ego's and status. Not all nurses are angels and sadly take their career frustrations out on patients with impunity. Reading your exp over time also shows a whole raft of incompetent career chimps. I think all the recent stuff is a major whistle-blower on how useless their experts can be and how politicised it has become. Paid here now for each ovid-19 death diagnosis has driven them mad and will be used as a weapon against them by our sick tory govt to dismantle the NHS with public support. Such a set up but the sheeple will buy it and lap up the closures as revenge for betraying them during the scamdemic. ( after blaming bad care staff for the deaths 1st). I haven't trusted them for decades and won't let them jab my kids , u still get reg calls trying to debate it and now the new crisis has hit , I had to tell her to stop assuming my choice was because of facebook posts when they called to "remind me " our 5 year old hasn't had her pre school jabs still !!! She didn't want to leave it alone and tried to calm my fears on bad information going g around about vaccinations lol. Been an anti vaxxer for past 6 years after a lot of research but they have lost their £1.20 ( official award from govt to surgery for each vax they give and get penalised financially if not enough are given!) so need to recoup their funds or face negative consequences in funding streams. I more than got my point across about my choices and why. I expect they will try to enforce them soon or threaten no schooling but she is an amazing girl who is already able to read and write properly at a level in front of her peers so we will continue home schooling if need be. Sorry for the rant but wabted to showbits the same here buddy. We do better ourselves if we can find the issue. These quacks need re-education and some humility lessons. Hope you can get a handle on it soon mate
:passitleft:

Good stuff guys thanks for weighing in.
Of course I’m not squeezing the rockwool I totally conflated that - it’s the peat pucks that get squeezed. I’m glad you noticed that Rexer.
It occurs to me that some of the things we do are a bit automatic. It has to be this way. That’s why - when learning new techniques - it’s important to learn good habits. It is a truism that it is easier to learn a good habit than it is to unlearn a bad one.
Anyone trying to clone a cut will do well to keep a few things dead simple and you guys are dead right.
Clones are the only thing that has kept this leaky boat afloat. So I started out ok, then by the time my cloning had gone from ok to average I took my foot off the gas.
I got very sick in December, worse than now. Worse than I let on. Part of my shift to mega crop was just that (I was no longer well enough to look at a plant and wonder what its damn problem was I had enough of my own).
By this time I had changed my veg light schedule to 16/8. And then forgot.
For the next few months I threw an excess of cuts into cups of soil and had enough pull through that we are still here. I wasn’t even using new soil.
It wasn’t til I could catch my breath and have a look at my variables that I even noticed how bad I’d let it get.
I was using a blunt and dirty blade for a start. Am I the only gardener anywhere who can’t find razor blades to buy? They used to be everywhere. Men (get this) used to shaaave (I know) their faces (right?) and you could buy these anywhere. Not so now.
Sterile and sharp surgical blades are important.
I was dunking stems in my cloning gel. Not now. This stays sterile too.
Overwatering is almost too easy that you don’t notice you’re doing it. Set and forget. Hands in pockets.
I came across a discussion in a podcast where results were in on some research around cloning.
As a result I am no longer shortening the leaves, I am removing them. This gives the cutting one instead of five wounds to heal at each leaf site.
They found their highest survival rates on cuttings with only one, two or three leaves.
They found no correlation between the site of the cutting’s removal (ie, upper or lower) and the vigour of the cutting.
So a few pointers, a few reminders. I’ve linked to the podcast I’m talking about a few times. I can find it again if anyone wants.
I also had it cold. Too cold. It’s ridiculous how cold it is here sometimes. (This last night was so cold it was painful. There better be some snow somewhere today).
So I started to pull some of this together again. I was even using new soil in cups again. I was still using a crappy old blade, but sometimes I’d remember to wipe it with alcohol.
I was still scratching my head.
Anyone who remembers Sam Vimes in Feet Of Clay (this is the third of the city watch series of Pratchett’s Discworld stories. If you haven’t yet, do) remembers the frustration of seeing him looking for something without noticing the candle he was searching by (spoiler averted danced all over).
It was like that anyway. 16 hours of light is not enough. The veg tent is now on 18/6.
(Hmm. The fact I look to the Discworld series to untangle real world issues is perhaps more telling than I would have liked :laugh: ).
The other thing I was going to say about upping my cloning game lately is this, and it’s also almost too obvious to notice. You can’t take a healthy cut from an unhealthy plant.
Now, my veg light is only 40w so leaf vigour is not something I even noticed I was missing. Now everyone in the veg tent (and anyone less than a week in 12/12) gets a foliar feed every 5-7 days. Leaves love it.
I’m also spraying the leaves of the cuttings in Schrodinger’s tray and that’s the only time I mess with them at all. I spray the inside of their dome with plain water twice a day.
I like the tip about the hydroton balls (why is that fun to say? Hydroton balls!) under the cube for somewhere dry and sterile to stand. (You don’t necessarily think of soil (dirt?) as being sterile do you?)
The only thing I’ll add on the peat pucks is that a lot of folk find benefit from tearing that mesh packet open so that it can be removed when roots show without damaging them. I’ll put a picture up when my next cbd drops out of superposition.
I’m sure to be missing something, but thanks to you all for your help in getting all this straightened out.
Ka kite ano (See youse!)
:love::peace::ganjamon:

For the razor blades, goto a dollar store or crafting store, the mrs does all kinds of crafting and they have nice little exacto blade pens (proper name is escaping me but you get the picture :rofl: ).

I thought as much about the whole squeezing thing, but it wouldn't have felt right to not say anything just in case.

Yup, I saw a big change when I started with those lil balls under the cubes:rofl:

Though I also use(d) mine mainly for seed starting, not clones. I've had better success with using just hydroton for germinating everything to be honest...got over a hundred small cubes i dont want anymore lol

Anyhow enough of my rambling, I'm glad to see and hear that things are going well and your getting things on track. Its surprising when we get those moments of clarity and can look back.

Wish you and all a good day DD! :green_heart::passitleft:

Hmm. The fact I look to the Discworld series to untangle real world issues is perhaps more telling than I would have liked :laugh: .

I've found better models for reality in weird science fiction and fantasy and poetry than I ever did in realist fiction. Reality can be much stranger than many of our stories!

Good stuff guys thanks for weighing in.
Of course I’m not squeezing the rockwool I totally conflated that - it’s the peat pucks that get squeezed. I’m glad you noticed that Rexer.
It occurs to me that some of the things we do are a bit automatic. It has to be this way. That’s why - when learning new techniques - it’s important to learn good habits. It is a truism that it is easier to learn a good habit than it is to unlearn a bad one.
Anyone trying to clone a cut will do well to keep a few things dead simple and you guys are dead right.
Clones are the only thing that has kept this leaky boat afloat. So I started out ok, then by the time my cloning had gone from ok to average I took my foot off the gas.
I got very sick in December, worse than now. Worse than I let on. Part of my shift to mega crop was just that (I was no longer well enough to look at a plant and wonder what its damn problem was I had enough of my own).
By this time I had changed my veg light schedule to 16/8. And then forgot.
For the next few months I threw an excess of cuts into cups of soil and had enough pull through that we are still here. I wasn’t even using new soil.
It wasn’t til I could catch my breath and have a look at my variables that I even noticed how bad I’d let it get.
I was using a blunt and dirty blade for a start. Am I the only gardener anywhere who can’t find razor blades to buy? They used to be everywhere. Men (get this) used to shaaave (I know) their faces (right?) and you could buy these anywhere. Not so now.
Sterile and sharp surgical blades are important.
I was dunking stems in my cloning gel. Not now. This stays sterile too.
Overwatering is almost too easy that you don’t notice you’re doing it. Set and forget. Hands in pockets.
I came across a discussion in a podcast where results were in on some research around cloning.
As a result I am no longer shortening the leaves, I am removing them. This gives the cutting one instead of five wounds to heal at each leaf site.
They found their highest survival rates on cuttings with only one, two or three leaves.
They found no correlation between the site of the cutting’s removal (ie, upper or lower) and the vigour of the cutting.
So a few pointers, a few reminders. I’ve linked to the podcast I’m talking about a few times. I can find it again if anyone wants.
I also had it cold. Too cold. It’s ridiculous how cold it is here sometimes. (This last night was so cold it was painful. There better be some snow somewhere today).
So I started to pull some of this together again. I was even using new soil in cups again. I was still using a crappy old blade, but sometimes I’d remember to wipe it with alcohol.
I was still scratching my head.
Anyone who remembers Sam Vimes in Feet Of Clay (this is the third of the city watch series of Pratchett’s Discworld stories. If you haven’t yet, do) remembers the frustration of seeing him looking for something without noticing the candle he was searching by (spoiler averted danced all over).
It was like that anyway. 16 hours of light is not enough. The veg tent is now on 18/6.
(Hmm. The fact I look to the Discworld series to untangle real world issues is perhaps more telling than I would have liked :laugh: ).
The other thing I was going to say about upping my cloning game lately is this, and it’s also almost too obvious to notice. You can’t take a healthy cut from an unhealthy plant.
Now, my veg light is only 40w so leaf vigour is not something I even noticed I was missing. Now everyone in the veg tent (and anyone less than a week in 12/12) gets a foliar feed every 5-7 days. Leaves love it.
I’m also spraying the leaves of the cuttings in Schrodinger’s tray and that’s the only time I mess with them at all. I spray the inside of their dome with plain water twice a day.
I like the tip about the hydroton balls (why is that fun to say? Hydroton balls!) under the cube for somewhere dry and sterile to stand. (You don’t necessarily think of soil (dirt?) as being sterile do you?)
The only thing I’ll add on the peat pucks is that a lot of folk find benefit from tearing that mesh packet open so that it can be removed when roots show without damaging them. I’ll put a picture up when my next cbd drops out of superposition.
I’m sure to be missing something, but thanks to you all for your help in getting all this straightened out.
Ka kite ano (See youse!)
:love::peace::ganjamon:
Getting the rh and temp right for them is a pain in the arse. I had so many mould issues when I started cloning initially. I did like the coco discs a lot as they had a good firm hold on the stalk . For me , i let the leaves do what they need to and keep my eye on the xube for a sign of root. Soon as i see one i remove the lid totally . Easy with only 1 but gets harder with multiple staged clones . Heated prop was like finding fire for me as I used to struggle to keep them warm enough before. Now I just have to remember to turn the heat off once the lid is removed!!!!. Lol thankfully round 2 is looking positive now for me.
Nothing wrong with discord logic , even the camels are geniuses!!. A monkey ( OUCH!!!) , sorry , an Ape for a librarian too. I follow a Granny Weatherwax approach to my garden and insist they grow as i say as it is the least stressful option for them !. Tried the Magrat approach for too long and nanny ogg's method would produce lumps of tree that would be their own boss . One person's book is anothers Bible!. Lol
Carrot for King

The veg tent is now on 18/6.
Ahem. That should say 20/4. It’s on 20/4. Honestly! One of these days I’ll get it together.
In my defence yeronner I spend more time awake each day than a cat does sleeping. It’s a dog’s life.
I've found better models for reality in weird science fiction and fantasy and poetry than I ever did in realist fiction. Reality can be much stranger than many of our stories!
:circle-of-love::theband:
We like to think that our imagination can exceed reality - and it can. We don't like to think that reality can exceed our imagination - and it does all the time.

:green_heart:
:love::tommy:
^ I’ll smoke to that :passitleft:
:smokin::green_heart:
Getting the rh and temp right for them is a pain in the arse. I had so many mould issues when I started cloning initially. I did like the coco discs a lot as they had a good firm hold on the stalk . For me , i let the leaves do what they need to and keep my eye on the xube for a sign of root. Soon as i see one i remove the lid totally . Easy with only 1 but gets harder with multiple staged clones . Heated prop was like finding fire for me as I used to struggle to keep them warm enough before. Now I just have to remember to turn the heat off once the lid is removed!!!!. Lol thankfully round 2 is looking positive now for me.
Nothing wrong with discord logic , even the camels are geniuses!!. A monkey ( OUCH!!!) , sorry , an Ape for a librarian too. I follow a Granny Weatherwax approach to my garden and insist they grow as i say as it is the least stressful option for them !. Tried the Magrat approach for too long and nanny ogg's method would produce lumps of tree that would be their own boss . One person's book is anothers Bible!. Lol
Carrot for King
I don’t think you get to vote for a new king even if that king is a republican.
It occurs to me that an imaginary republican is possibly the best kind :rofl: stop hitting me already I just thought it would sound funny before I said it I’m not trying to start a fight I don’t actually care so there!
Thanks for your input folks and yes, I’m good for blades now :ganjamon:

Hi all. A little roundup on the garden (why does that sound wrong?) to round off the week.
Medicine production in the Stable is happening at the speed of a growing plant.
This one was getting in to the spirit of things with an alarming amount of stretch. She had shot up six inches on a stem which looked to be getting skinnier every day. I could see it collapsing under the weight of another set of leaves so I carefully transplanted it. I put a little clonex gel on the stem as I buried it. Nail biting stuff.
Then there is the last of this cohort of clones.
Yesterday I finally felled my reveg. She’s hanging now and will get trimmed over the next few days. She wasn’t showing any amber, but trichs were looking ripe enough. She was never a frosty one. She’s a nice puff though.
I’d have let her go longer if I had a stash.
I moved another kush in to take her place.
She is untrained which is something of a novelty for me.
It was time for this one to get some air in her hair.
That should put a breeze up her britches.
Another week or two for this one.
Controlling the canopy by lowering plants as they stretch seems to be working out. Here is the state of the Stable now.
Hurry up in there, ladies! No, I’m happy it’s starting to tick over. I will have one more long wait after the next one comes down. After that it should be pretty regular.
Week Planner JulyAugust September
Hulklato 1.11011121314
Critical Purple Kush 1.210
iPurple spogs5678910
Hulklato 1.24567891011121314
Alaskan Purple 2345678910
Candida CD-12+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+
DrS.CBD30:12+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+
Critical Purple Kush 1.312345678910

I’m finding this helpful to navigate the feed schedules as well as planning.
When I was working a split shift I had set Friday as the day to make any additions to the line up in the flower room. Just to try to track which week everyone is on. It seems as good a routine as any.

I hope that your garden is green and that you are living the dream.
Thanks for stopping by.
:love: :peace::smokin:

Nice update DD, your grow room is looking lush! :thumb:
Thanks Koro.
Wow Bubba everything looks great over there! Got you a beautiful forest! :peace: :love: :Namaste:
Sis! :thanks: Good to see you!
I hope the blocks are working?
Love the chart Donk. I could see myself running a spreadsheet if I ever got to your level
My level. Uh oh. Careful wotcha wish for cobber ;)
I was milling through a crowd of other audience members recently, having quite a nice time thank you very much, when out of nowhere some well meaning old biddy put her hand on my arm, leaned in and said “I know how you feel” before disappearing again. I must have one of those faces? I thought to myself I hope you don’t, love I really hope you know nothing of any of it, you seem far too nice.
Anyway.
Hiya Donkey...
fell a little behind on journals so I'm sneaking back in here. I hope things have been good for everyone. Stay well.
You were gone? I’m kidding. But staying well? You’re kidding.
Looking good DD :)
Thank you, sir I appreciate it.

How about a midweek hullo with no hullabaloo? These are some of the things that excite me about my garden today.
Definitely.
And
Most certainly.
Not to mention
But on the whole

:peace::love::yummy:

Damn donkey dick it's hard to keep up in the stable , it operates so fast , any way my long hung friend sorry to ask again ... But I lost track of that quadling thread you dropped that link for and was wondering you could please do it again so I can read up again ,,,,,, thanks in advance brother hash fart / first lady pierogi , ps those charts are the bees need, the cat's meow !
IMG_20200707_182609.jpg

Damn donkey dick it's hard to keep up in the stable , it operates so fast , any way my long hung friend sorry to ask again ... But I lost track of that quadling thread you dropped that link for and was wondering you could please do it again so I can read up again ,,,,,, thanks in advance brother hash fart / first lady pierogi , ps those charts are the bees need, the cat's meow !
IMG_20200707_182609.jpg
You make me laugh, mate and your dog makes me smile. For goodness sake give her a biscuit already!
Here is that quadsquad link again.
This is the second time you’ve reminded me to put it in my signature. Third time will be the charm :)
:oops: People are just too ... something :hmmmm:

Hope your day is going well Donkey Dick - have a great evening whatever you’re doing. It’s 42 minutes past 420 here... :passitleft:
I could not have put that better. :high-five:
:passitleft:Better safe than sorry - it’s always 4:20 somewhere.
Chugging on a prequel to the next kush to come down. She is starting to feel pretty right.

I’ve been kicking myself a little that I didn’t get the flower room painted before covid, &ct. I’m reluctant to do it now that my meds are coming together in there.
So mylar.
:rolleyes:The top left corner shows a bit of the shelf I installed. I was surprised a plank and some brackets was going to run me fifty bucks at the hardware depot. It’s a beer crate. It gets my ballast and multi board off the floor increasing both safety and room for plants.
The snow on the hills this morning was even thicker by the end of the day. I turned the heater in the veg tent up a smidge. I’m anticipating a slight increase in temperature in the flower room too, with the shiny walls.

Thanks for visiting. Drive safely. :ciao:

You make me laugh, mate and your dog makes me smile. For goodness sake give her a biscuit already!
Here is that quadsquad link again.
This is the second time you’ve reminded me to put it in my signature. Third time will be the charm :)

I could not have put that better. :high-five:
:passitleft:Better safe than sorry - it’s always 4:20 somewhere.
Chugging on a prequel to the next kush to come down. She is starting to feel pretty right.

I’ve been kicking myself a little that I didn’t get the flower room painted before covid, &ct. I’m reluctant to do it now that my meds are coming together in there.
So mylar.
:rolleyes:The top left corner shows a bit of the shelf I installed. I was surprised a plank and some brackets was going to run me fifty bucks at the hardware depot. It’s a beer crate. It gets my ballast and multi board off the floor increasing both safety and room for plants.
The snow on the hills this morning was even thicker by the end of the day. I turned the heater in the veg tent up a smidge. I’m anticipating a slight increase in temperature in the flower room too, with the shiny walls.

Thanks for visiting. Drive safely. :ciao:

Your flower room looks like it's fringing on another plane of reality!!!

Back
Top Bottom