ddGreenThumb

Hello all!

I'm a new member in the community and have been somewhat keeping personal logs of my grows, but I really wanted to do one from start to finish here in the forum.

I'm sure I'll do this incorrectly at first, so edits are likely to come.

The Details

Seed/Medium Information:

Seed : Candy Cream
Seed Bank : Seedsman
Starting Method : Rockwool
Growing Method : Soil Medium ( Fox Farm Potting Soil/Perilite combo )

Growing Environment:

Grow Tent :
  • Dimensions : 48" x 24 " x 62"
  • Lighting :
    • 600w Philzon Grow Light Panel
    • Settings for veg and flowering
    • Initial lighting for seedling stage :
      • Two 60w 6500k daylight CFL bulbs
      • To be placed approx. 1.5" - 2" from seeding
  • Airflow :
    • Two 4" inline fans with 8' duct and a carbon filter
    • One oscillating tower fan inside tent
Water/Nutrients:

Water Source :
  • Poland Springs bottled water
    • pH adjusted with pH up/down supplement
Nutrients :
  • Fox Farm 'Grow Big'
  • Fox Farm 'Tiger Bloom'
  • Fox Farm 'Big Bloom'

The Grow

Day 1 :

• Rockwool soaked
  • Placed Seed in rockwool and covered with torn off bit of the rockwool
  • Placed inside a bowl and covered with plastic dome
  • Monitoring...

Photos to come after the lil' one has sprouted!
My experience so far in the community here has been phenomenal so I'm really looking forward to sharing this grow with everyone!

:welcome:

People love pics and you have up to 6 hours (420 minutes) to edit posts. Consider putting your grow journal link in your signature...it helps people find you when you comment on other threads.

:goodluck:
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!
My girl is finally about to pop out of her rockwool cube, so I won't be stingy with the pics, and definitely gonna add it to my signature.
Thanks again

Hello, hello!
Let's all give a warm welcome to Cyce! (Pronounced 'see-see')

This lovely little gal surfaced today while I was out. I returned home to see a happy, healthy little sprout of Candy Cream :cheer:

The humidity some I had over her has been removed, and she has been placed below a 60w equivalent, 6500k, daylite bulb/reflector with a second identical bulb shining from the side for reflection from the wall and extra available light.

I am attaching a couple of pictures of Cyce to this post. She is still in the rockwool until her roots have spread a bit more. BUT PLEASE - if you are an experienced grower who has advice on how to better care for my young seedling I would count myself extremely fortunate and blessed for any input from you. I lost some seedlings before while using a peat seedling tray due to my inability to properly water them, the trays just seemed to soak up the water and evaporate it, leaving the soil dry, resulting in a loss of 3
More updates to come! 0810181415b.jpg

Attachments

• 0810181417a.jpg
    0810181417a.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 0810181417.jpg
    0810181417.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 0810181416.jpg
    0810181416.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 196
Hello all!

I'm a new member in the community and have been somewhat keeping personal logs of my grows, but I really wanted to do one from start to finish here in the forum.

I'm sure I'll do this incorrectly at first, so edits are likely to come.

The Details

Seed/Medium Information:

Seed : Candy Cream
Seed Bank : Seedsman
Starting Method : Rockwool
Growing Method : Soil Medium ( Fox Farm Potting Soil/Perilite combo )

Growing Environment:

Grow Tent :
  • Dimensions : 48" x 24 " x 62"
  • Lighting :
    • 600w Philzon Grow Light Panel
    • Settings for veg and flowering
    • Initial lighting for seedling stage :
      • Two 60w 6500k daylight CFL bulbs
      • To be placed approx. 1.5" - 2" from seeding
  • Airflow :
    • Two 4" inline fans with 8' duct and a carbon filter
    • One oscillating tower fan inside tent
Water/Nutrients:

Water Source :
  • Poland Springs bottled water
    • pH adjusted with pH up/down supplement
Nutrients :
  • Fox Farm 'Grow Big'
  • Fox Farm 'Tiger Bloom'
  • Fox Farm 'Big Bloom'

The Grow

Day 1 :

• Rockwool soaked
  • Placed Seed in rockwool and covered with torn off bit of the rockwool
  • Placed inside a bowl and covered with plastic dome
  • Monitoring...

Photos to come after the lil' one has sprouted!
My experience so far in the community here has been phenomenal so I'm really looking forward to sharing this grow with everyone!
The Plan so far:
Cyce will stay in the rockwool which intentionally has the wrapping removed until her roots show the first sign of poking out of the rockwool.
At that point, I will transplant the cube into a moistened medium mix of Fox Farms Potting Soil and extra perilite added (1:1 ratio)
She will continue under the CFL until the third node has grown, at which point she will go into the tent under the 600w LED panel set to Veg lighting.

Will you be adding the cheese to this journal of it turns out ok?
Yes, I think I'll end up putting all my girls in the journal. I started with the one so I could get a feel for it, but I feel comfortable with it now so I'll go ahead and add the others up. I currently have -
1x Honey Cream
1x Candy Cream
1x AK47
1x White Widow
2x cheese
And 1 bag seed ( my first and oldest)

Just ordered some auto seeds from Seedsman & shopping for a 2nd grow tent for a few different stains for different medical needs. My wife, mother-in-law, and I have all been benefiting from medicating with cannabis and I'm finding it therapeutic to grow as well.
I'm hooked guys!

Yes, I think I'll end up putting all my girls in the journal. I started with the one so I could get a feel for it, but I feel comfortable with it now so I'll go ahead and add the others up. I currently have -
1x Honey Cream
1x Candy Cream
1x AK47
1x White Widow
2x cheese
And 1 bag seed ( my first and oldest)

Just ordered some auto seeds from Seedsman & shopping for a 2nd grow tent for a few different stains for different medical needs. My wife, mother-in-law, and I have all been benefiting from medicating with cannabis and I'm finding it therapeutic to grow as well.
I'm hooked guys!
Thats awesome. Were pretty much doing the same thing. I find growing it almost as therapeutic as smoking it...almost. I also look after wife and inlaws as well. That's what I'm doing now with the autos and then my actual grow starts next week.

Thats awesome. Were pretty much doing the same thing. I find growing it almost as therapeutic as smoking it...almost. I also look after wife and inlaws as well. That's what I'm doing now with the autos and then my actual grow starts next week.
Lol, loved that 'almost', and I agree 100%.
I'm gonna have to do my research on autos, but they seem simple enough so far. I've been considering doing all my autos in rockwool from start to finish, I'm still trying to find my preferred method of growing( so far I'm just enjoying experimenting lol). I'm finding myself SUPER anxious about completing my first grow. There's just so much time for anticipation and excitement to build, and I've never grown before so I'm just constantly fighting the urge to hover over and babysit my girls all the time.

This forum is my only real outlet for that excitement, it's not like I can talk about it to people I know (better safe than sorry).

And after reading through this post I'm realizing that my Tangerine Dream I smoked a few minutes ago is definitely doing it's job lol... I'm not typically a chatty person but I can't seem to pull myself off of this forum right now feeling nice

The feeling of needing to constantly babysit the ladies kind of goes away but I still constantly get cravings to go and have a peek. Sometimes I go 3 days without seeing them because it feels like they grow faster. Then other times i sit with the tent door open for hours just watching them grow in real time. This is not recommended (unless you like that sort of thing) because it makes me start worrying that there not growing fast enough and i start seeing things that are normal and i worry. Nice, I've just had some DJ's Gold. The amount of times I've had to rewrite bits because I've gone of track.
Peace

Welcome friend. Can I advise you to try coco instead of soil? I m currently growing for the first time I coco and have to say how much I love it! Plants develop so much faster and bigger than soil. I could see it. Same strain each times. Just in case you would like to have a look at coco grow. I had started in rockwool as well then put the cubes in coco

Welcome friend. Can I advise you to try coco instead of soil? I m currently growing for the first time I coco and have to say how much I love it! Plants develop so much faster and bigger than soil. I could see it. Same strain each times. Just in case you would like to have a look at coco grow. I had started in rockwool as well then put the cubes in coco
Beautiful setup! I just took a peek at your journal and am impressed, intimidated, and intrigued. You just gave me my next research topic, I'm definitely curious about coco.
The initial setup looks like it could potentially be a bit of an investment, but if you're getting results that noticeable and fast I can see myself justifying the investment! Thank you for the idea! I'll be following along with you to see your progress!

Beautiful setup! I just took a peek at your journal and am impressed, intimidated, and intrigued. You just gave me my next research topic, I'm definitely curious about coco.
The initial setup looks like it could potentially be a bit of an investment, but if you're getting results that noticeable and fast I can see myself justifying the investment! Thank you for the idea! I'll be following along with you to see your progress!

Careful cause I updated my setup on page 2 when I moved to coco. I just let 3 slabs in the bottom cause I didn't have enough coco. So it s kind of 70%coco and 30%rockwool. Anyway have a look at coco for real cause it may make you never grow in soil again. Things happen so much faster and you can have better control over nutrients. Can't over water. You need lesser pot size for same root system. I can't see any downside!

I did something similar but then from coco i went to clay pebbles and it's (for me) even better again. At the end of the grow i just give them a rinse and throw them back in the pot. Then I just add some canazym and that sorts out all Therese roots from the previous grow. I'll check out your journals btw

I did something similar but then from coco i went to clay pebbles and it's (for me) even better again. At the end of the grow i just give them a rinse and throw them back in the pot. Then I just add some canazym and that sorts out all Therese roots from the previous grow. I'll check out your journals btw
Very interesting thanks for sharing

How's the cheese coming on?
Hey there Prof, first off thanks for asking!
My sick cheese is coming along very slowly, but I believe new growth is presenting itself so there is hope!
0812181812_HDR.jpg

The 2 new cheese seeds I planted in rockwool on Friday have yet to break the surface, but I'm expecting them tomorrow.
0812181814a.jpg

And I know you didn't ask, but I felt bad leaving Cyce out of the photoop lol
0812181816.jpg

Attachments

• 1534111927897954130800.jpg
    1534111927897954130800.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 1534112062068-309019153.jpg
    1534112062068-309019153.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 1534112157874-225658832.jpg
    1534112157874-225658832.jpg