Ddosed's First Grow - Week 4 Flowering - White Widow - Mystery Sativa

Ddosed

Hey everyone, I vegged my White Widow girls in early April this year. I didn't have the greatest amount of light at first... and they were the 2 strongest of a batch of 10 seeds that did not germ correctly, weeks later I started these two mystery seeds who have grown into Sativas and in 6 weeks they stood at a foot tall ready for flowering just in time of the new 1000 watt lights One of the Sativas is similar to Jack Herer and one who is turning purple, the leaves are also tilts at the edge sorta which happens to a lot of purple strains i notice..

Since then I have made improvements and am on my 4th week of Flowering. Currently giving Foxfarm Products, Organic soil, bat guano etc under 1000 watts of HPS to my four girls.

The White Widow is from Nirvana, I have acquired the rare Indica pheno from Nirvana.

The day of me writing this is 7/18/2014, Three days from the start of week 5.

I'm going to check the ladies in the morning to see how they are and get pictures to update! ASAP :Namaste:

It is my understanding that I need to flower White Widow for 9-10 weeks, which I want my bud to be quite frosty. And to flower Sativas from 12 weeks at the minimum, seeing as I have no idea what they are exactly. I suspect Jack Herer and Purple Haze since it smells of berry, lemon, pine and the Herer smelling of Piney, lemon goodness, they are most certainly different. :thumb:

For follow up questions I want to ask what the most potent and speedy way to cure a harvest is? Also I have heard that you can shock the plant on the last two days to make the plant swell with THC, is this true?

I am oh so eager to harvest and have been reading and stocking up on information for my next grow soon! Stay tuned please!

Re: Ddosed's First Grow ~ Week 4 Flowering ~ *White Widow, Mystery Sativa

Hi Ddosed, nice to see you got your journal up and running.

There are lots of techniques to cure and as long as you do them right the potency should be good on all of them. I tried hanging a couple of times, but then I switched to paper bags, which works really great with the smaller quantities I produce.

I leave my plants in total darkness for 36 hours before harvest which I read maximizes the natural tendency of the plant to produce resin as a kind of sunscreen during the dark while keeping the resin from breaking down which it naturally does in the light.

Looking forward to the pics buddy!

:thumb:

Re: Ddosed's First Grow ~ Week 4 Flowering ~ *White Widow, Mystery Sativa

1000w HPS lol Insane compared to my little CFLs.

I'm in. Good luck on the grow!
Haha, yup! I will be posting pics soon! Sorry for the delay!
Also Germing 15 new autoflowering babies!
5 Northern Lights
5 Bubbleicious
5 Blue Mystic
Also bought 5 Jock Horror. But those are for later.

Dude let me know when you grow the Jock Horrors. I ALMOST Bought those, but ended up going through a different seedbank.

Oh and in your first post you asked about flowering WW for 9-10 weeks...

Basically when your plants are big enough, you switch from 18/6 to 12/12. This starts the flowering process. 9-10 weeks is the estimated time to completion, some will take longer, some may take less time. The best way to know when they're ready is to get your hands on a small microscope so you can check out trichome colors. 9-10 weeks should only be a general timeline, and by no means should you ever go by that to decided when to harvest.

Dude let me know when you grow the Jock Horrors. I ALMOST Bought those, but ended up going through a different seedbank.

Oh and in your first post you asked about flowering WW for 9-10 weeks...

Basically when your plants are big enough, you switch from 18/6 to 12/12. This starts the flowering process. 9-10 weeks is the estimated time to completion, some will take longer, some may take less time. The best way to know when they're ready is to get your hands on a small microscope so you can check out trichome colors. 9-10 weeks should only be a general timeline, and by no means should you ever go by that to decided when to harvest.
I will let you know for sure! Jock Horror is a Sativa dominant, so I am choosing to do those later. Been Germinating these 15 babies for about two days now, my understanding it needs to be at about 70% humidity to germ, but I cannot seem to get the humidity that high. They are slow in the process for sure, but I hope for them to pop soon.

I have also received an Agent Orange seedling. In the process of unwrapping the paper towel, it's tail was split in half. Currently it is in soil under roughly 220 watts. Sex is also unknown.

Still no pics though. I know, I know. It is oh so hard to get a good picture under the 1000 watt light and in general. My two unknown freebies from Nirvana are 5 1/2 feet tall and finally are about to pop and produce bud. The White Widow is looking amazing and should be done within a few weeks! We'll be 6 weeks into flowering on Monday, so stay tuned!
Also! At the start of Week 5, I starting giving my plants Cha-Ching and Big Bloom organic flowering enhancers. I will be adding Carbon in the coming weeks as well.

All in all, I really hope for my new babies to Germ correctly, the Agent Orange seedling to recover, and my big babies to finish! Cheers!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom