DEA Claims Legalizing Medical Marijuana In Utah Will Lead To Stoned Rabbits

Jacob Redmond

During a discussion concerning Utah legalizing medical marijuana edibles for people with certain ailments, an agent of the Drug Enforcement Administration claimed legalizing medical marijuana in Utah could lead to rabbits getting high on it.

The agent, Matt Fairbanks, started by saying how medical marijuana could affect marijuana use among young people. He works for the marijuana eradication team and said while getting rid of illegal grows in the mountains, he's seen "the deforestation [from illegal marijuana grows] has left marijuana grows with even rabbits that had cultivated a taste for the marijuana where one of them refused to leave us, and we took all the marijuana around him, but his natural instincts to run were somehow gone."

Several studies have found that marijuana should be kept away from animals, because they will often consume too much, and it can cause smaller animals health problems. However, no studies have been done concerning how legalizing marijuana affects wildlife consumption of marijuana.

12847.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: DEA claims medical marijuana will lead to stoned rabbits - UPI.com
Author: Thor Benson
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Top News, Latest headlines, Latest News, World News & U.S News - UPI.com

You. Haff. To. Laugh.

We pay his salary.

This is what's important, how a plant put on earth affects a wabbit.....

This is beyond ridiculous. Remove prohibition like it never happened, and Cannabis would be growing wild across the globe, with the green growth and flowers being eaten by various mammals, and the buds being searched by birds for seeds.

Wild rabbits are naturally a little ballsy. They don't even run away from my dog until the last second, and there's no Cannabis being eaten by them here. It's just how rabbits are. They know they're fast :)

And animals truly do enjoy Cannabis, but much like people they all have their own tastes and preferences. My chinchilla enjoys fresh leaves, and stems occasionally, but he really just prefers dried buds. He loves Cali Jack buds (has a crisp skunky smell), but won't touch Power Flower buds (bad dry/cure, hay/green smell). I'll offer him fresh buds next harvest :)

Animals rely on instincts to keep them alive, if something like Cannabis were not worth the risk vs. reward, the rabbits wouldn't be eating it. It's just common sense. I personally feel they should plant a few crops in wildlife protected areas, and give the animals an opportunity to enjoy a healthier state of being.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom