DEA, LAPD Raid Marijuana Dispensaries, Beverly Hills Homes

The General

Drug enforcement agents raided and shut down several marijuana dispensaries Tuesday, the first move in what authorities say is a case they are building against a Los Angeles man. About 11 a.m., agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration with the help of Los Angeles police raided the Black Rose dispensary in Fairfax, Downtown Medical Caregivers off Main Street, Washington and Western Medical Group in Harvard Heights, Herbman in Exposition Park and two homes in Beverly Hills.

Authorities seized "a bunch of marijuana, cash" and a handgun, said DEA spokeswoman Sarah Pullen. The same man owns all four dispensaries, Pullen said. No arrests were made and the investigation is ongoing, she said. The Los Angeles city attorney's office is also helping in the investigation. The raid comes a day after City Atty. Mike Feuer announced the city is doing its own enforcement against L.A.'s pot shops. In a news conference Monday, Feuer said the city has closed 100 pot shops since it began enforcing new restrictions on the businesses. The city has hired two new attorneys to exclusively tackle prosecutions under Proposition D, the measure passed by voters last spring, Feuer said.

Staffers are also focusing more attention on real estate professionals and landlords renting space to marijuana dispensaries, providing them with a new brochure that warns of steep fines and jail time for breaking the rules. "We have a long way to go, but we have a great start," said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who joined Feuer at a news conference. Beck said that new training on the law would help 165 senior lead officers in charge of neighborhood policing detect illegal shops.

Cannabis_Jars1.jpeg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Latimes.com
Author: Joseph Serna and Emily Alpert Reyes
Website: DEA, LAPD raid marijuana dispensaries, Beverly Hills homes - latimes.com

This is major bullshit. Warning not to rent property for shops. How do we stop this government? Its so big and bulbous and useless how do we stop it?

This is major bullshit. Warning not to rent property for shops. How do we stop this government? Its so big and bulbous and useless how do we stop it?

How do we stop it? Civil disobedience is a start.

I just don't understand how Federal law is taking control and being the final word on everything. These are "UNITED, STATES" And each state is free to set their own laws.

Owning a modern sporting rifle (Or assault rifle as many have come to know it by) is legal Federally. Yet many states say they're illegal now, or have to be registered. So what's the difference here? Why can't folks just own them and say they're following federal law?

The government is so bass ackwards it isn't even funny. They really need to get their priorities straight.

Well I already follow the civil disobedience path but that really can only go so far before people start getting really hurt. It is always the state who are the aggressors. I have been thinking about moving to the free state project but my family isnt up for that. Also it matters not if guns are legal or illegal according to the government they can have a seat. In the constitution they are not only legal they are encouraged and that is the document that the government now wants to destroy and almost always when the government goes one way the peoples interest is in the other.

Well I already follow the civil disobedience path but that really can only go so far before people start getting really hurt. It is always the state who are the aggressors. I have been thinking about moving to the free state project but my family isnt up for that. Also it matters not if guns are legal or illegal according to the government they can have a seat. In the constitution they are not only legal they are encouraged and that is the document that the government now wants to destroy and almost always when the government goes one way the peoples interest is in the other.

I agree with you. I've also taken it upon myself to contact Senators that are against, or undecided on Medical Cannabis laws. I've provided them with information from the US Government patent on Cannabis use, to stories about kids that need access to Cannabis, as well as stories of kids that have been fortunate enough to have access, and have shown amazing improvements in health, as well as some who have been completely cleared of all illness thanks to Cannabis treatment.

Thanking those who support these laws will be the next step to take. It lets them know that their efforts are appreciated.

How do you stop them.....keep them busy...Do what George Washington told us to do...Make use of the Indian hemp seed and sow it EVERYWHERE. Plant EVERY open space with your leftover seeds...or any hemp seed that you can get your hands on.

I truly believe it's those big cigarette companies, and maybe even some alcohol companies trying to suppress the sale of marijuana in any form. They are going to lose A LOT OF MONEY, MILLIONS of dollars. So they are going to do all they can to keep marijuana from being legal. I am VERY HAPPY however to learn that it helps children with seizures. It's so sad to see them have episodes. It's so comforting to know they can live a normal life now thanks to medical marijuana.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/bravo.gif

I'm with you Antics, civil disobedience is a start, but Voting is for the long haul. The only thing they will understand is replacing corrupt politicians that think they have the right to run our lives. If that doesn't work, I say F them and do whatever has to be done! I'm a vet. and I didn't serve our country to be walked on and have our freedom and liberties taken away!!!!! "FTG" If you know what I mean?

First it was the paper industry. Because paper made out of hemp would just obliterate their need to cut down trees. Paper? Check. Building material?Check. Cars? Check the means for those cars not to run on gas?Check. Now it is the pharmaceutical industry. They arent interested in giving a cure. That would be a terrible business model for them. They want to treat and treat those side effects and give more and more prescriptions. They want to breed us for the money and nothing else. That what it boils down to in its simplest form

Back
Top Bottom