DEA Serves 10 Warrants In LA Medical Marijuana Crackdown

Cozmo

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration served search warrants at 10 different locations throughout Los Angeles County in connection with its crackdown on medical marijuana facilities.

The DEA's Sarrah Pullen confirmed that one of the dispensaries is in the area of Santa Monica Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, but said she could not immediately reveal the other locations.

Since the warrants involve ongoing investigations, "all information is under court seal," Pullen added.

Medical marijuana facilities are legal under state law, but not under federal law.

Today's raids occurred as the Los Angeles City Council tentatively approved a temporary ban on the opening of new medical marijuana dispensaries. The city wants to enact the ban while officials draft an ordinance regulating the dispensaries.

"I am greatly disturbed that the Drug Enforcement Administration would initiate an enforcement action against medical marijuana facilities in the city of Los Angeles during a news conference regarding City Council support of an interim control ordinance to regulate all facilities within the city," Councilman Dennis Zine said.

"This action by the DEA is contrary to the vote of Californians who overwhelmingly voted to support medicinal marijuana use by those facing serious and life-threatening illnesses," he said. "The DEA needs to focus their attention and enforcement action on the illegal drug dealers who are terrorizing communities in Los Angeles."

News Mod: CoZmO - 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: DailyBreeze.com (Torrance, CA)
Author: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Copyright: 2007 Los Angeles Newspaper Group
Website: DEA serves 10 warrants in LA medical marijuana crackdown

Why is Governor Schwarzzenegger (sp?) not stepping in against the Feds and asserting State rights to administer mmj dispensaries? The DEA are usurping State Law!
Amen to that. States need to stand up against the feds. The state police and/or state national guard should have stepped in.:headbanger:

That is very sad. does anybody have a current list of the clubs still open. I was going to go to la this weekend but im not sure now. And honestly, do you actually think that arnold cares about the marijuana movement. They will never fight the feds because the same sheriffs that are supposed to protect our rights as california citizens, depend on the anti drug money to fund their activities. When the san luis sheriffs raided the morro bay clinic there reasoning was that "it was wrong to make a profit off medical marijuana" and that "it was there duty to enforce federal laws". really... what about lilly and pfizer and all those fuckers who rip us everyday for money. We need to remind our state officials that they work for us, not the other way around.

Amen to that. States need to stand up against the feds. The state police and/or state national guard should have stepped in.:headbanger:

The reason why, is due to the June 2005 Ca. Supreme court's dission in Angel Raich(sp.?) vs (I forget who) and they made the dission against Angel - so that Federal Law(s) trump State laws!!! =Judy=

Does ANYONE know which 10 dispensaries were raided and have shut down (list please!)? I know C.P.G. & The Karma Collective are closed (for good, now), but I've been told some are closing due to those D.E.A. "landlord" letters that went out! I was told that Earth Collective, Blue Waters, Therapeutic Medicinal Health Resources, Natural Care collective, Natural Relief Center, Tujunga Hills Caregivers, Inc. . . . . and a few others are closed! UGH!! I'm not sure how acurate this is, though. Please, let us know about your dispensaries! Thanks! _In Solidarity_ =Judy=

Back
Top Bottom