Dead plant? So sad RIP!

dooxy

So yeah am on my first grow, and believe i had it all figured out. I spent a lot of time on reading and even trying to get knowledge before i started but despite that it turned out shit. On plant from what i looks has now died.

It all started in below part. On of the two plants was not growing as it should. Roots was looking good PH was spot on, and i used 50% of the recommended nutrients, according to some grow guides.

Northen Light auto DWC - Not stretching as they should

then what happens was the plat started to show signs of Leaf Septoria - Yellow Leaf Spot - Or Calcium Deficiency? I never got a response in this tread so i never figured it out. What i did was change water and got back to 100% of the recommended nutrients. I also kept the PH around 6 so the plant to absorb Calcium. both the plants looked good for a few days.

Am I F***ed? Leaf Septoria - Yellow Leaf Spot - Or Calcium Deficiency?

To day then i woke up i did see this............. :rip:

the weaker plants is dead think, Roots look good might be hard to see on the picture but they are white. the bottom of the stem as you can see has turn brown and is weak. and almost broke of. the leaves have the brown spots from before, and are crispy and break of easy, the plant has only consumed about 0.5L/0.3 gallon in 5 days.
And as you can see the right plant has recovered and are now showing flowers.

If you don't want to read it all = just say that you think did go wrong am so sad atm...

DSC_084212.JPG
DSC_084114.JPG
DSC_084016.JPG
DSC_083925.JPG

So yeah am on my first grow, and believe i had it all figured out. I spent a lot of time on reading and even trying to get knowledge before i started but despite that it turned out shit. On plant from what i looks has now died.

It all started in below part. On of the two plants was not growing as it should. Roots was looking good PH was spot on, and i used 50% of the recommended nutrients, according to some grow guides.

Northen Light auto DWC - Not stretching as they should

then what happens was the plat started to show signs of Leaf Septoria - Yellow Leaf Spot - Or Calcium Deficiency? I never got a response in this tread so i never figured it out. What i did was change water and got back to 100% of the recommended nutrients. I also kept the PH around 6 so the plant to absorb Calcium. both the plants looked good for a few days.

Am I F***ed? Leaf Septoria - Yellow Leaf Spot - Or Calcium Deficiency?

To day then i woke up i did see this............. :rip:

the weaker plants is dead think, Roots look good might be hard to see on the picture but they are white. the bottom of the stem as you can see has turn brown and is weak. and almost broke of. the leaves have the brown spots from before, and are crispy and break of easy, the plant has only consumed about 0.5L/0.3 gallon in 5 days.
And as you can see the right plant has recovered and are now showing flowers.

If you don't want to read it all = just say that you think did go wrong am so sad atm...

DSC_084212.JPG
DSC_084114.JPG
DSC_084016.JPG
DSC_083925.JPG

Hi dooxy
Thats a right shame mate, it does look f@/cked.
Someone might be able diagnose specifics but looks like you were doing everything correct, the other plant is testament to that, she looks great!!
Couple of things I could mention,
Do you know the temperature of water in bucket?
When I ph, I like to have it slightly lower at5.8/5.7.
When using LED lights they do need a little extra cal/mag..I use plant magic gal/mag on top of normal nutes.
Dooxy you were doing everything correct, even the roots looked good.might b something you just unlucky with!
I suggest you get rid of the damaged plant (so it doesn't transmit something) and concentrate on the good plant.she's looking really good.
Carry on doing what you been doing with her.get the ph slightly lower.carry on with the nutes at 50% to 60% and add extra cal/ mag if needed.
Check the temps of your water in buckets.

Looks a little like it rotted at the stem where it meets rockwool maybe? Might need to be slightly dryer when you start the seed in the system..maybe hand water when they little...
Like I said the other plant is rocking..she'll fill the space left by the dead one.

Hi dooxy
Thats a right shame mate, it does look f@/cked.
Someone might be able diagnose specifics but looks like you were doing everything correct, the other plant is testament to that, she looks great!!
Couple of things I could mention,
Do you know the temperature of water in bucket?
When I ph, I like to have it slightly lower at5.8/5.7.
When using LED lights they do need a little extra cal/mag..I use plant magic gal/mag on top of normal nutes.
Dooxy you were doing everything correct, even the roots looked good.might b something you just unlucky with!
I suggest you get rid of the damaged plant (so it doesn't transmit something) and concentrate on the good plant.she's looking really good.
Carry on doing what you been doing with her.get the ph slightly lower.carry on with the nutes at 50% to 60% and add extra cal/ mag if needed.
Check the temps of your water in buckets.

its 82 f / 28c in the room day time, at night it drops to around 77 f / 25 c. The buckets are probably to high around 77f to 73F depending on the climate outside. I know i should be around 69f for a perfect system. But a guy at a hydro shop told me i could be safe if i use SM-90 for the roots, and that has worked well for my Chili plants that i also grow. The additives you are talking about, You can add that to something like the gbh hydro nutrient series? it will not f-up the nutrient ratio so to say?

Looks a little like it rotted at the stem where it meets rockwool maybe? Might need to be slightly dryer when you start the seed in the system..maybe hand water when they little...
Like I said the other plant is rocking..she'll fill the space left by the dead one.

I don't use rockwool, i use rootriot qubes they are my go to for starting seeds and have worked for soil also.

I do need to add! under the plants i have a drip system. that i have let drip close to the cubs i don't know if that is good or bad? but on my chili it has worked fine maybe cannabis is not as tough as i believed?

Dooxy
Sounds like you got everything sorted my friend..you definitely know what you doing.
Thats the only thing I think it can be, when they are little, were the stem meets the root riot qube, if it stays to wet it starts to rot.
I use a simular product (jiffy pellets) to root in...I try and keep the stem where it meets the medium as dry as possible.
THe other plant you got going is tops mate..so scrub the dead one and chalk it to experience. ..carry on doing what you doing, you'll smash the good plant.
The damage was done to the other one when it was young, in my opinion.

When you pull the dead one, rip open the root qube...see were the damage starts.the roots are good, the stem is dead.
If the damage starts around the top of the qube, then that's what happened. Its called damping of. (Roting at the stem base).

When you pull the dead one, rip open the root qube...see were the damage starts.the roots are good, the stem is dead.
If the damage starts around the top of the qube, then that's what happened. Its called damping of. (Roting at the stem base).

I forgot to do that i did throw it away before i did it.... but i total agree that was the issue the second plant is just crazy is drinking so much! i have to already do a water change! :)

Back
Top Bottom