Dean West’s Quest To A Quarter Pound Auto: Moby Dick XXl From Dinafem, Mars Hydro, Gaja Green Organics, Super Soil, 3Gal Fabric Pot

See she hates what I do , she agrees with me on growing something that’s safe and I am within the law of my home , but she doesn’t like the smell she doesn’t smoke it nor does she have any interest on any of it. Everything is such an inconvenience for her. But when we got together years ago I told her what I enjoy and what I like to do and Cannabis and everything about it is a part of me. And she said it wouldn’t bother her , I think sometimes she wishes she took the get out of jail free card , but I do the best I can to keep everything out of sight and at the end of the day she supports what I do and love even if she doesn’t like it . I’m sure she’ll understand the earth smell
Your wife and mine would get along Great lol.

I'm here for the experience & knowledge. Thanks for sharing

I'm here for the experience & knowledge. Thanks for sharing
Thanks for stopping by friend , hope we can help each other out someway some how , by no means an i an experienced grower but I do alright.

Considered trying MD from Dinafem. Interested to see how they turn out and what you think of the high. The videos on youtube show they get very chunky.
Hey glad to have you on board , I’ve seen a lot of amazing yields from these little gals , I’m very excited for this grow . Hope you find what your looking for :peace:

And to all who answered me about treating some soil , I really appreciate all your advice. @Emilya @carcass @Kingjoe83 @Pennywise Power to the 420fam . This is the most useful website for information

Following. Growing 2 moby dicks xxl outside this summer. Should be done in a few weeks. Will post the weight when I harvest. This picture is 4 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20190623_185359.jpg
    20190623_185359.jpg
    812.2 KB · Views: 265
Hey Dean new journal up and running bud love.to have you . Cheers bro

07/22/19

:welcome:

UPDATE-hey everyone I just have a quick update , I popped 2 moby dick xxl’s and I had one pop the soil this morning so this grow in underway. I will uploads pics tonight.

I am very excited for this , also I am very happy to see so many other growers with the same strain in the go thanks for taking the time to check out my journal I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully teaching a few people on what not to do ... haha just kidding hopefully I can pass on some of my knowledge I have obtained . Have a great day and remember happy Monday every one
And like always , happy growing :peace:
:cheer:

07/24/19
UPDATE!!- hey everyone it’s been a few days since in been on here , so here the update. I germinated 2 seeds and I ended up with one , seems to be the norm for me, even thoe I don’t like to admit it I get about 50% success rate on germinating. She’s just getting dechlorinated water ph’d@ 6.5-6.8 more so towards the 6.8. The soil has been pre amended with gaja green 75% all purpose 4-4-4 and 25% power bloom 2-8-4. I had put all my trimmings off my big girls defoliation into this soil and was sat to cook for 3 weeks. There was a lot of nice fungus growth in the soil which is always a good thing. I had her up in my room and my wife kept turning the light off so she stretched a bit looking for light , so I mounded the soil around here and put something small for support . She’s in the process of gardening off , once she does I will put a pc fan inside dance with her.

ENVIRONMENT- she is in a 3 gal fabric pot , inside my space bucket , she has 1 23w cfl 6500k about 5 inches away from her, temps are at 26 deg Celsius and humidity around 60% , the humidity dome is being taken off for a few more hours each day.

I have learned a lot of my current mint chocolate og grow . Mostly because of all of the wonderful people in this group. I will be purchasing something to put microbial and beneficial bacteria and fungi . For the short term, and I’m going to acquire all the essential ingredients for doing AACT brews for all stages of growth . Time to step up my organic game here.

Here is an image of its current environment just perfect for what it needs right now , I have an air intake a fan pulling air out , it pulls a lot of air out it was meant for a mars 300 on top( -3 ft of spacers) so I had to tape off 3/4 of the fan hole off to slow down the air flor to keep humidity up.

DA359179-99C5-4435-BBA6-52A8338F615F.jpeg

It’s a beautiful baby girl, I had to mound up the soil because she did some stretching due to lack of light, so I resolved the issue and moved it to the basement so my wife won’t turn it off and forget to put it back in , 24hr light for the next week or so see how she goes , but I plan on running 18/6 or 20/4 for this run , it’s my first auto run can anyone tell me what the best light schedules are for these suckers
:yahoo::cheer::morenutes:
2379746B-BA80-4099-A4CA-C011465A41FF.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read and help me along with my grows , I appreciate all of your help . Have a safe work day and keep it real , happy growing lady’s and gents

:peace::green_heart:

Looks like you are off to a great start! :goodjob:
Thanks you , I was glad to get one popped, I hope I don’t end up with the same issues on this grow as my current other.

A beautiful baby girl. Looking forward to see how large she gets (not just bud size)

Comforting to see that I'm not alone on not getting high germ rates.

:)

Thanks you sir, I am happy to get the one , idk why I have difficulty out of this whole pack of mint chocolate og I had 2 out of 5 germinate which is awful , but I think I have a better system down, I have seen someone who grew these to there full potential what I thought was , and was over 230g per plant , If I get a quarter of that , I would be impressed .

I am super excited for this sativa dominant strain. I am going to only buy these autos for a while to be able to get these to grow to the full potential , to bad cloning isn’t an option

There is a guy named something like Canuck on youtube who grew some MD. He certainly knew what he was doing growing and had several grow areas going....with a largish number plants.

Think he showed a couple of MD plants. One was shorter than the other, but really chunky. Recall him saying an ounce on the smaller one, which was sort of surprising due to it's size....the buds must be heavy. You can likely find his grow videos easily with a search of youtube if interested.

Yes mr,Canucks grow , he’s who got me into gaja green and the md XXl seeds . But he is the guy I’m talking about who got over 230g per plant. I know he’s done a few runs of this strain . I’ve seen everything he has , but his channel is getting frozen which sucks and he’s doing videos somewhere else now , weedtube or something like that

07/25/17

UPDATE- hey everyone , so just a small update here . I was having problems with this seedling stretching , so I changed the hacked 23w led 6500k light, to a 23 w cfl 6500 k , I am able to put the light closer with less heat, she seems very happy with her environment, the stretching has stopped , and she’s started to push some leaves out to take the light , she stretched up to that point and is now very happy.

ENVIRONMENT- so the last grow I started in this bucket was with my mars hydro 300 on top and it was hard to keep my temps down and humidity up. And the led was so strong I had to have the thing 3 ft above my canopy so it wasn’t burning my new growth, so now I am using cfls , I’ve had to take off my exhaust fan I covered 2/3rd of it to slow the air flow , it’s set up to pull a lot of air out to keep temps down. The cfl is about 4 inches away from the seedling and she is happyz

I have been battling bugs on this grow , my soil got put outside and it fucked it up , any help would be nice ,
460F39CD-4D0A-4980-8E5D-F88C3C02D32E.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to help me out in my grow and taking the time to read it , I appreciate all your help, have a great day and remember happy growing everyone :peace:

Back
Top Bottom