DeanB's Winter Grow In Progress

DeanB

Hi and welcome to my boring journal. I don't have any fancy equipment or special soil or exotic nutes. My grow box is a closet with movable shelves. I have one small 2 speed fan up high in the back corner pushing air out the closet. The lights are 23w cfls and are mounted from corner to corner of the closet. I'm using 45 deg. adapters for 10 lights total in the string, i also have 6 more cfl's around the lower parts of the closet.

The 3 plants are bagseed from mexico, they are in one gallon pots with promix and soil i dug up out of a field nearby. The nutes i use is what I've been able to find that includes MG African Violet Food 7-7-7 and Magic Roots 9-48-13. I water with RO water and occasionally get some rain water to use. I don't have a ph pen anymore, it just drove me crazy anyways. I added some dolomite lime to the mix to help.

2 plants have been growing for 8 weeks of veg and the other for about 5 weeks. I flipped to flower on the 26th and now waiting. They are all girls and crammed into a small space, I haven't done any trimming yet and could use some advice as to what to trim up and whatnot.

Thanks for checking it out!
:welcome:

Here's some pics to get started...with more to follow.

20161226_163851.jpg
20161226_163828.jpg
20161226_163722.jpg

Hey Dean, id let it go through stretch before i would trim. Once the stretch slows down and you have pistils showing youll be able to see if you need to trim.

That one looks like she's been clawing like that early on. I'm thinking it maybe a slight imbalance of the dirt i dug up and the promix that needs watering at a different time than the soil. So the soil is staying moist and the promix with the peat in it is drying out first. Kinda looks like slight overwatering with the big canoe leaves. I've just been rolling with it, lol. I'll give them a round of regular ro water next time :thumb:

Hey dean this is an awesome grow I'm subbed I'll be following the journal and by the way because of the trimming a wise friend of mine once said "trim the lower lonely leaves no branches and only little at a time to avoid shock

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's what's up DeanB. Nice that all were girls, man. Dirt from outside....nice. Im a fan of using whatever you got available until you can upgrade. You doing the damn thang bro. How long did it take to show sex. Im still wait for mines to show. Im subbed for the ride fam.

LOUD ONLY

Thanks for subbing A1kane, I'm not sure when they showed their sex. If I don't see balls early on, then they are usually females, I do see hairs on 2 and pretty positive the 3rd is female.
Wow man ima take as great news for mine. Fingers crossed. Its gonna be week 6 this coming humpday. You doing any cloning bro?

LOUD ONLY

No, I've got family coming in April so I'm getting the room back in order so they have a place to unpack, lol. I'll be back to growing in the summer.
Thats whats up. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you'll have enough to hold you over lol.

LOUD ONLY

Back
Top Bottom