Death Star genetics

joshmanblue5

420 Member
So Pacific Seed Bank seems to be the only place I can find the Death Star genetics I would like, besides CaliConnection, which through research proved to be very unreliable genetics. I know PSB is trustworthy with my money, but are these genetics going to disappoint me? My only other option for Death Star genes are clone only and that's not possible where i'm located. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

My only other option for Death Star genes are clone only and that's not possible where i'm located.

You have the option of getting the clone-only (and presumed real?) thing, but you can't in your location? I don't understand. If you can't grow a clone there, you won't be able to grow a plant from seed, either. :hmmmm:

You have the option of getting the clone-only (and presumed real?) thing, but you can't in your location? I don't understand. If you can't grow a clone there, you won't be able to grow a plant from seed, either. :hmmmm:

I meant as in the gene is clone only, and getting clones in my state isn't an option. The gene originated in Ohio, I grew it in Michigan, and I currently live in the south now with no access to those breeders.

Any time you find only one company has a certain strain it could mean 2 things. 1 that they are the original breeder. Or 2 that they are the only one trying to convince people they have the real thing. Not sure what is the case in your situation.

If they had a chance to get the original clone then selfed it. The best outcome would be 50% of the plants like the original.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I've found 3 places now that carry a hybrid of Death Star, one of them being CaliConnection which MAY be close to the original cut, but the company has terrible reviews. Also, I noticed that all 3 sites you can't get these seeds feminized for some reason. So i'm guessing that makes it seem more legit, since that's probably a clone only problem? Idk, I'm about to just order from them all and see what happens lol. This strain is too valuable to me to waste anymore time with uncertain answers. I'll update in a few months with who had the best results!

Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I've found 3 places now that carry a hybrid of Death Star, one of them being CaliConnection which MAY be close to the original cut, but the company has terrible reviews. Also, I noticed that all 3 sites you can't get these seeds feminized for some reason. So i'm guessing that makes it seem more legit, since that's probably a clone only problem? Idk, I'm about to just order from them all and see what happens lol. This strain is too valuable to me to waste anymore time with uncertain answers. I'll update in a few months with who had the best results!

Well if they selfed an original actual Clone of it it would be Fem seeds, if not then the pollen had to some from a different male/strain to make seeds, unless someone had the original seeds of it to get a male of that strain. Why any "clone only" strains are pretty much going to be clone only, why hard to get the real thing in seed form as it's intentionally done by whoever bred it on purpose.

one of them being CaliConnection which MAY be close to the original cut, but the company has terrible reviews.

That "Swerve" character must still be with the company, then, lol.

Also, I noticed that all 3 sites you can't get these seeds feminized for some reason.

As others have mentioned, if they actually took a real (clone) example of the strain and selfed it, they'd have feminized seeds, not regular ones (I was once told that Humboldt Seed Organization's version of Blue Dream is an example of this, although I don't know how accurate that statement is). Therefore, my best guess - and it's obviously only a guess, but... - is that they've read on the Interwebz what the strain's (reported) parent strains were, bought a couple clones or maybe ordered some seeds, and crossed them. And are selling the progeny as "Death Star." Which kind of makes it P. T. Barnum time, lol. In other words... If finding the real deal, originally, was a one in a thousand thing (meaning if someone grew out 1,000 examples, one of them had the genetic combination of Death Star), well, then YOUR odds of getting it would be one in 1,000, multiplied by the number of seeds you bought, of course. HOWEVER... That presupposes that the pollen-chucker breeder was lucky enough to end up growing out parent plants that had the same genetic combination that the original strain's parents had.

So, you know... Are you feeling lucky, lol?

If you're feeling that lucky, go buy a lottery ticket :rofl: .

Again, that's just a guess. Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .

Back
Top Bottom