Debudman's 1st Journal

Debudman

Hello Folks,
This is my 1st attempt at a journal.
I want to just start a basic quicky journal...
This will be a small simple grow

Description
2nd outdoor grow consisting of (3) clones

Outdoor Grow start Date
06/02/13

Clone Names
  • Purple Cadillac
  • Cookie
  • Fire OG

Today I brought home my little babies...
Since I am very limited with time I just picked up (3) clones from my local dispensory
and a couple bags of Miracle Grow (Organic) mix. This medium didn't look to bad.

I planted my clones in some plastic beer cups that I purchased from the grocery store.
I added the miracle grow and flushed it with PH'd 6.0 water.

I'm ordering the Fox Farms Trio to be used for my nutes this year.

I am now letting them sun bath in diffused sun. The wind is blowing moderately which
will help strengthen the stems.

journal1_pic1.jpg

Still waiting for my babies to break through their Rockwell cubes and adapt to the outdoor environment for the first time.
It's been a couple days now and the weather has cooled down to high 80s so they are breaking in well so far.
I haven't given them any root stimulant or anything special so far. I want this grow to be Organic for the most part.

Week 1

Today I transplanted my babies from their beer cups to 1 gallon pots
I mixed some Miracle Grow Organic soil with some worm castings and some perlite.
I made one mistake... I got stoned before transplanting and forgot to capture the labels of the plants (Doh!)
Good thing I took pictures, I will match up the pictures and restore the names back to the plant containers tomorrow.
I flushed after the transplant with PHd 6.0 water.
I will have some pictures tomorrow.

Week 2 - New Transplant

Plants were transplanted from beer cups into 1 gallon containers.
Typically I wouldn't have transplanted them so soon since they
were still undergoing a bit of a stress from the last transplant and
adjusting to the sun and new outdoor environment. But since
the weather report indicates a hot streak coming I thought I would
drop them in the 1 gallon pots for now.. They are slowly rebounding..

I am planning on using the Fox Farms nutes, but will be visiting my local hydro store this weekend
to look for the best bang for the buck. As soon as the plants bounce back from the transplant I will be
starting their feeding program.

mj1_week2_pic1.JPG

Cookie is under some major nutrient deficiency brotha! That is why she has such a dark purple stem. You should hurry as this will start causing it to stunt growth.

Purple Cadillac is in early stages of Nitrogen deficiency.

Hope you get them some Nutes soon brotha! Just don't go settling with MG! :thumb:

:Namaste:

Thanks for your suggestion King John.
I do agree absolutlely! I know how important PH is to allow for maximum nutrient absorption.
I have always believed in a PH of about 6.0 cause it allows for some fluctuation.
When I PH to 6.0 my PH always seems to rise about .5 or so after a day or two so I end up with about 6.5 - 6.8.
I have been on a budget so I use the PH vial solution that I check my PH with.. I am now heading to the Hydro
store though today and will probably pickup a PH pen since it is much more handy than the vial method.

you want a pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and a pH 6.5 for soil. are you monitoring your pH level? you may want to pick up a pH test kit.

https://www.google.com search General Hydroponics pH TEST KIT

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Thanks TS,
Yes, I am heading down right now to get the nutes.. I'm planning on the Fox Farms.
I am thinking the Tiger and Gro Big blend I believe.. Then someone suggested Cal-Mag by Botanicals as well.
I want to keep this grow simple and reasonably within my budget.

Cookie is under some major nutrient deficiency brotha! That is why she has such a dark purple stem. You should hurry as this will start causing it to stunt growth.

Purple Cadillac is in early stages of Nitrogen deficiency.

Hope you get them some Nutes soon brotha! Just don't go settling with MG! :thumb:

:Namaste:

Hello TS...
Well I just got back from the hydro Store...
Here is what I got... :)

* Botanicare Nutes (Pure Blend Pro Grow) and (Pure Blend Pro Bloom)
* I finally got a basic Hanna PH pen (Red)
* I picked up 2 bags of Fox Farms Soil for when I upgrade to my 7 gallon
* I picked up another bottle of PH down and of course some PH pen calibration solution

Hopefully my babies start perking up soon. I will give them a half dose to start and mix in 1 gallon. Then when I go to the larger pots
I will do a 5 gallon nute mix.

accessories.jpg

Week2
* First Feeding..
Added 5ml to 1gallon of Botanical Pure Blend Pro gro
Added 1tbs dried blood 12-0-0 organic blend into the water for a little natural nitrogen boost

** Calibrating new PH pen now getting it prepared for the first read :thumb:

Week 2 - Problems
  • I used the wrong soil for my new babies... :thedoubletake:
  • Fire OG plant roots do not look like they are spreading much at all.

The other 2 plants seem to have nice vigorous growth and the roots are nice and white and spreading out nicely.

I realized this today after reading the soil bag.
I made the mistake of "Assuming!" when I picked up my organic soil.
I knew it was just going to be for the first few weeks and didn't bother to read the details on the bag...
After reading it, the bag said it is not for Pots and is intended to be mixed with outdoor soil.. (Doh!) :thedoubletake:

Problem Corrected

• I removed the soil from the 1 gallon pots on all (3) of my plants and replaced with my new Fox Farms Soil..
  • I Flushed through with PH 6.0 water
  • Next watering I will add nutes and hopefully the plants will be back on track

One thing I can say is the Fox Farms soil I purchased is the best soil I have ever used. It is well worth the money. It is so rich and the drainage is amazing.. Love the stuff.

Also the new PH pen works great! I don't know how I have gone all this time without one.
I recommend everyone get a PH pen..

Yeah, I'm doing about 1/3 . My nutes call for 15ml and I'm starting with 5ml.
Since I added the Fox Farms soil and corrected that stupid mistake of using the wrong soil
my plants are already looking better. I think I am back on the right track now.... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom