After a renewed moment about this after many searches, I stumbled across this article. But take it with a grain of salt because I am sure there are plenty of theories out there that would say the opposite.

"
Why Do You Need to Decarb CBD Strains?

You would be forgiven for thinking that CBD decarboxylation is unnecessary. After all, why do you need to decarb a strain that’s already non-psychoactive? However, the same rules apply because raw cannabis contains the acid form of CBD, known as CBDA. Again, CBDA has its own health properties but it is nowhere near as effective as its decarbed cousin.

The decarboxylation of CBD increases its bioavailability. In other words, your body will be able to use the compound right away and it should work faster. If you consume CBDA, your body is forced to work extra hard to break down the molecule and it also uses the acid form of CBD differently.

There is some dispute over the right decarboxylation temperature of CBD, although it is typically higher than that of THC. Bear in mind that its boiling point is between 320 and 356 degrees Fahrenheit, so the latter should be the maximum temperature you use, with most users opting for less than 320 degrees. As for timeframe, it depends on the temperature! Certainly, you should be aiming for between 30 and 60 minutes."

Decarb CBD

When the wife and I decarb; 240 degrees for roughly 60 to 70 minutes, and after it's cooled down a bit, we spray Everclear alcohol to help break down the plant matter and allow cannabinoids to escape. This step helps break down the cellulose slightly, allowing for a less green infusion color. Not a big difference, but every little bit helps.

AzLaker
:cool:

When the wife and I decarb; 240 degrees for roughly 60 to 70 minutes, and after it's cooled down a bit, we spray Everclear alcohol to help break down the plant matter and allow cannabinoids to escape. This step helps break down the cellulose slightly, allowing for a less green infusion color. Not a big difference, but every little bit helps.

AzLaker
Intretstingabout the spraying So are you using an oil base to extract? I have never thought of first spraying and then extracted with one of the bases I am trying.

We use to extract with butter, but reading some articles, we've found that just decarbing, spraying everclear on the plant material after it's cooled down,helps brake down more of the cannabinoids . We've also found out by extracting the plant material using butter, you lose some of the THC. Trying both ways, we get a much better high, by skipping the butter extract and just incorporating the plant material directly into the dry ingredients.

AzLaker

We use to extract with butter, but reading some articles, we've found that just decarbing, spraying everclear on the plant material after it's cooled down,helps brake down more of the cannabinoids . We've also found out by extracting the plant material using butter, you lose some of the THC. Trying both ways, we get a much better high, by skipping the butter extract and just incorporating the plant material directly into the dry ingredients.

AzLaker
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Good topic. I make a salve from a 1:1 strain I grew a few years back. I always wonder if I need to decarb in that scenario? I just made some that I didn't decarb and im wondering if I should expect the same results. Id like to test this...... that was good info PoppaJack thx!

Ok those are the little capsules, makes sense, thats probably about equal to the 00 size I use

Anxiety is a tuffy, but the CBD I bet helps, when I take a Candida capsul I get relaxed and energetic, if that makes sense

You may try and get some 00 capsule, less loading of them, or a 000 which looks to be same in valume of yer three

Just found this

"0" size holds about 500 mg. #1 holds about 400 mg. #3 about 200 mg. One teaspoon will fill about 7 "0" capsulesand about 5 "00" capsules.
This is interesting, I have a Lebanese plant that I smoke and it has no "high" but it wakes me up and make a great morning smoke. I feel more confident and motivated after smoking it.

I am struggling with this procedure....how important is decarb temperature?? I have tried twice now and don't think I've got it right. I try to get my little oven to stay at 240 with not much success, now my weed doesn't have tight buds and is leafy but when I'm done decarbing it just crumbles - is this normal?? I use 16 g in 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of lecithin and 2 - 00 capsules don't seem to have much effect. Any ideas??

I am struggling with this procedure....how important is decarb temperature?? I have tried twice now and don't think I've got it right. I try to get my little oven to stay at 240 with not much success, now my weed doesn't have tight buds and is leafy but when I'm done decarbing it just crumbles - is this normal?? I use 16 g in 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of lecithin and 2 - 00 capsules don't seem to have much effect. Any ideas??
Since this mixture seemed weak I took this oil, rewarmed it and infused it with about another 20g of decarbed weed. I let it "cook" in a measuring cup placed in a sauce pan in hot water. I try to maintain about 170 F for about 4 - 5 hours.
I have not tried the strength yet sooooo..... I let you know soon.
Does this proceedure sound about right????
I now decarb in a mason jar in the oven at 240 F for an hour and a bit.

Back
Top Bottom