Decarbing questions

Canaculture15

420 Member
About 21 grams of good shake, from ice cream cake. Not all dry and a job to smoke kind of shake but still kinda sticky. Decarbed the 1st time at 245F for about 35 mins (scared to cook it all up) just seemed maybe alittle too brown to me coming out? What are you guys preferred methods and Temps and what not. Thanks guys, and gals. Yall rock!

Good question .. my preferred method is to skip this step all together. I usually bake with my butter, and in both cases, heat is applied. It is not needed to decarb stuff that will get heated after for a good amount of time.

Edit for clarity: you DO need to decarb stuff for edibles, but I make butter using water boiling method, which takes 4 to 6 hours, and bake cakes above that temp that reach internal temp of 120C for a good bit. There is no way its not decarbed by then.

Decarbed the 1st time at 245F for about 35 mins (scared to cook it all up) just seemed maybe alittle too brown to me coming out? What are you guys preferred methods and Temps and what not.
I do not make edibles but I do make a salve or what some call a "topical cream" for relieving the annoying pain of arthritis.

I weigh the weed, often up to 30 grams. The the weed is cut or chopped up and put it on a 6X9 cake pan. Then I spread it out evenly and put into the oven at 170 degrees F and leave it there for 2 and half hours up to 3 hours (150 to 180 minutes).

As it heats up it has its own unique smell, usually for the first hour then the smells starts to go away. It will slowly turn brown, very brown. Then I can go to the next steps since I figure the decarb process is over.

I do not go above 200 degrees because I feel that it will dry out to fast because of the laws of thermodynamics and all that sort of stuff.

I thought just baking brownies would take care of decarbing too, but they are way, way stronger with a 45 min decarb at 240 F. :Namaste:
I didnt find any difference, except that the prebaked cannabis ones taste less good.
I use this graph to reference where I am regarding decarbing, and it works for me so far. Hard to know for sure without lab tests.

1641647291886.png

a simple rule of my thumb anyhoo,

110 for 110,,

or

110 at 110,, ha

110 minutes at 110 degrees celcius

Back
Top Bottom