Decrease Blood Flow to the Brain

CaseyJones

does mary jane decrease blood flow from the brain...does anyone have some links that can prove this "fact" wrong?

I couldn't find any "facts" on this. . . Just suggestions that it may decrease blood flow to the frontal lobe. . and a lot of the research I did find on the subject was pretty old. . . I'll keep looking. . . :smokin:

I saw a news report that showed a person that smokes a moderate amount of bud can raise their IQ up to 5 points. They did CAT scans and found dramatic increases in brain activity and blood flow in the average smoker. For above average smokers, their IQ dropped. All IQ scores were temporary meaning that after a few days of not smoking everything went back to normal. I only wish I could remember where I saw that report.:hmmmm:

Bagzgroove said:
I couldn't find any "facts" on this. . . Just suggestions that it may decrease blood flow to the frontal lobe. .

Yeah man, that's where the asshole gene is located in most humans ;-)

Low blood flow to this region while a person's high, enables them to think about how they are being perceived.

It's a theory anyway

Ya know. . .I can see a connection here maybe. . . Not till TheLife pointed that out. . .I from time to time will smoke much more than usual, and I'll stand up, or sometimes just take another monster hit. . . and it'll feel like a massive headrush, except your vision fuzzes out, for lack of a better term, but for 1/2 a sec. I wonder if that truely is connected. . . not that it'll change my smoking habbits. . .whatever. . .lol!:peace:

Bagzgroove said:
Ya know. . .I can see a connection here maybe. . . Not till TheLife pointed that out. . .I from time to time will smoke much more than usual, and I'll stand up, or sometimes just take another monster hit. . . and it'll feel like a massive headrush, except your vision fuzzes out, for lack of a better term, but for 1/2 a sec. I wonder if that truely is connected. . . not that it'll change my smoking habbits. . .whatever. . .lol!:peace:

If you stand up too fast when you're sober you can get a headrush. They call it vertigo.. I'm not sure if the two are connected or not. Maybe MJ makes it worse? Thanks though guys, this has helped.

I've always thought that the decreased blood flow is what caused the floating feeling and beginer's passing out. :hmmmm:

CaseyJones said:
If you stand up too fast when you're sober you can get a headrush. They call it vertigo.. I'm not sure if the two are connected or not. Maybe MJ makes it worse? Thanks though guys, this has helped.

Vertigo is an inner ear thing. . . and screws up your equlibrium. But the headrush, yes kinda like that. . .:smokin3:

iv had bran surgery.. i call it my brain fart.. my doctor told me that smoking pot makes the heart rate increase, witch increases the flow to the brain. the "high" you get is from the lack of oxygen in the blood flow... but thats just his opinion.but then he also told me i would not see the snow this winter!
so they are not always correct....

I read a report that it actually increased blood flow to certain regions of the brain. Thats one of the reasons they think it'll help prevent Alzheimer's, 'cause it forces more blood through that part of the brain and clears out whatever buildups happen there that cause it. Though, since it does slow your respiration, that blood is probably less oxygenated than normal.

Back
Top Bottom