DeeCee’s Living Organics Garden: No Tillin’

Hey guys here’s a quick update from today! These girls are easily the healthiest, biggest and most vibrant plants I’ve grown to date! I am extremely satisfied with the larger pots and Coots recipe LOS soil!

I haven’t had time to put together a step by step on a worm bin yet but it’s coming! For now here’s some pics of them winding down after a hot day of full sun today:

Pineapple Express
She carries a slightly lime green shade with very thick stems and tight nodes. Amazing structure and has taken extremely well to extensive training. Huge healthy fan leaves! I am very excited for this famous fast finisher this season. Hopefully I enjoy her as much as Seth Rogen and James Franco did!
CF7D01CE-0F97-46E6-984B-A76F4116A8B0.jpeg
5F74E19E-6B1B-4327-88A0-7CFB4F1FC1DB.jpeg
09938C32-2932-4E9C-B480-4EA2A4118C55.jpeg

Blue Gelato

This girl ha a stunning blue undertone to her colour that may have led to her name! Her structure has taken well to heavy training as well, and given me a nice “bowl” structure which would’ve been super efficient if grown indoors, allowing the lower middle to get the most light. She also rocks a good node spacing and solid stems structure.
FE56644A-47D0-4051-AD53-29B83832462B.jpeg
49BD0747-2559-4CD7-B973-2B5DB3AEB7F2.jpeg
6433F5C1-A091-4DC1-A402-85F56AB45403.jpeg

Trainwreck
This strain is a funny one to grow. The colour is always a lighter green than most other strains, even when happy and well fed. She has the wispier growth and thin fingered fan leaves that is common of Sativa leaning genetics however the node spacing is extremely tight, almost obnoxiously so due to the absolute mass of leaves that it creates. Pruning is a requirement to keep a tidy plant and prevent moist microclimates for mold and mildew. All that being said it has turned into an absolutely favourite day time smoke.
3A49ADED-18A1-4B68-A3DD-DA9CF30964A4.jpeg
E7800580-7BE8-4A07-92CC-5AB6F6CDB970.jpeg
1911389E-B814-40A6-AEFE-78C5B4ED0012.jpeg

I may just take a moment to brag about the flat and level canopies here. Although less of a requirement for outdoor growing as the sun penetrates better than electric lights and moves quite a bit more, this type of training also opens them up for a more productive bud growth, less chance of mild and mildew and more airflow through the central structures. I manage this with only one topping, so less plant stress, however its a fair bit more work to attach and continually adjust the tie downs and forces you to be a little more careful while watering. All worth it in the end product though and I actually enjoy it!
Yeah, I was noticing your beautiful canopy! nice work!

Been trying to beat this into peoples heads for years.
Pot size makes a huge difference in several ways.

I did pretty much the same my last grow.
I tried squeezing in a 7 gal pot on the side of my two 20 gal pots.
The plant looked great but was way smaller than either of the other two and the yield was less than 1/2.

For an outdoor plant 20 gal is actually pretty small, for an optimum grow thats easy and carefree id recommend 30 gal fabric pots for indoor and for outdoor, if it were even remotely possible for me to grow outdoor I don't think I would go any smaller than 100 gal fabric and that would have to be in a greenhouse.
I can't even imagine growing a money tree just out in the open, thats the things nightmares are made of to me.
Just the thought of it makes me shudder.
I don't know how you do it, but they look great.
Excellent job

The thought of trimming a plant grown in a 30-100gal pot makes me shudder! I went with 20gallons because these pots will all be going into my tent over winter to continue providing me with delicious organic cannabis and vegetables year round!

Yeah, I was noticing your beautiful canopy! nice work!

Why thanks SO!

Hi friends found this yesterday on my soil
D51802DE-9169-4657-ABA9-57FC7A7F3497.jpeg

8D6ED580-B746-4788-A4A9-87AB683D4C5F.jpeg

In any other grow I would’ve freaked! Since I did my homework I know this is mycelium and a great sign that my recent top dressing is exploding with microbial life. I believe seeing this little fuzz also validates how effective the Bokashi is when mixed with the fresh worm castings!

Sppoted a couple more visitors, can anyone identify them?
9B6F8B6E-BE0C-4B31-B473-9DBB2D207CC8.png
38C96811-AB9F-426C-89DE-7FF3E870169A.png

I also spotted that Japanese beetle again today hanging about! Since @Nunyabiz helped me identify it I smoked him. Hopefully he has no friends! The beneficials warriors will be here early next week!

On a side note today the vegetable garden is heading into my best year yet, largely thanks to all I’ve learned from growing cannabis! Spring crops have been mostly harvested, summer crops are booming and my first cucumber is getting big!

F39D2073-EAA4-4668-9FE0-8444423172D3.jpeg

And for those who don’t know the process for cloning a tomato plant is literally the exact same as cannabis!

25C71038-39C2-4C75-996B-AB05D2A39EB4.jpeg

Only a hell of a lot easier. :thumb:

I think we over complicate cannabis cloning more than it needs to be! I cut em, shave the stem, dip in gel and then into a rapid rooter under a dome. Spray some water, open the vents a little per day and usually in about a week I have roots!

I think we over complicate cannabis cloning more than it needs to be! I cut em, shave the stem, dip in gel and then into a rapid rooter under a dome. Spray some water, open the vents a little per day and usually in about a week I have roots!
Once you get your success on it seems to be pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find my groove. It'll come I'm sure, but it's a pretty frustrating journey until you find your magic key (I imagine)

Check out Shotta’s cloning tutorial in my signature. I messed around with a fancy bubble cloner and other things until @MrSauga pointed me to this tutorial. It’s easy, cheap and I’ve been batting 100% so far with it.

Check out Shotta’s cloning tutorial in my signature. I messed around with a fancy bubble cloner and other things until @MrSauga pointed me to this tutorial. It’s easy, cheap and I’ve been batting 100% so far with it.
Thanks for the tag Dee. Another journal that I'm glad to be subbed to. I hope I can keep up with the Jones'. Great looking plants, cannabis wise, and great looking garden, veggie wise. My wife loves growing a full garden each year.
I bought some tomato seeds off Amazon last year. Took 3 months for the boat to arrive. The picture showed these beautiful beefsteak tomatoes; 100 seeds for 1.99, free shipping. Can't beat that.

I finally got them in the garden this year. By 'them', I mean one seed out of ten germinated. Now I have this beautiful Roma tomato plant that is growing in a 5 gal fab pot. For the record, stay away from seeds on Amazon that look like beefsteak tomatoes.

Stay well.

Thanks, DeeCee! I'll have a look.

Thanks for the tag Dee. Another journal that I'm glad to be subbed to. I hope I can keep up with the Jones'. Great looking plants, cannabis wise, and great looking garden, veggie wise. My wife loves growing a full garden each year.
I bought some tomato seeds off Amazon last year. Took 3 months for the boat to arrive. The picture showed these beautiful beefsteak tomatoes; 100 seeds for 1.99, free shipping. Can't beat that.

I finally got them in the garden this year. By 'them', I mean one seed out of ten germinated. Now I have this beautiful Roma tomato plant that is growing in a 5 gal fab pot. For the record, stay away from seeds on Amazon that look like beefsteak tomatoes.

Stay well.

Hey Mr.S so glad to have you, you’ve been a great mentor since day one around here for me!

In an instant I just went from super pumped about finding seeds on Amazon to super dissapointed about finding seeds on Amazon!

As a fellow Canadian I recommend checking out Vesseys. They will send a good old fashioned catalogue for free full of variety!

Back
Top Bottom